Your Rival's Name

Mashew

Assuming that all of you have played the main games, you know that you get a rival in them, correct? Well, the old ones... Anyways..

What do you name your rival? Is it a real friends name? Or a cuss word? Or just some random letters?

I seem to name mine as of late, Ikaru, Amethyst, or Colin. Don't know why. <<; But I do. C:

• Administrators

Since I've known Ikaru, it's always been him.

-Ikaru +Inuki

Before that and/or in older games that existed before that, the name of Inuki's parallel irl that I will not disclose

I thought about naming Hugh somethings like Douchbag or Tool... but I found Maelstrom a more insulting name for him.

actually I named him Soul, one of mael's alts

• 2 weeks later...

Gen 1- Usually Green/Blue depending on whether it's FireRed or Red.

Gen 2- I name him Gold because I play as Youngster Joey and only use a Rattata.

Gen 3- Don't think so.

Gen 4- Lucifer. His hair looks like horns.

Gen 5- I stuck with Hugh.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I used to name my rival after my cousin, but recently I have been naming him after mael, or one of mael's various geek names

Ie. Soul, Orca, or his irl name

In BW2 I named Hugh, Soul because between the 4 choices that was the most fitting

Right now I am playing the Megaman Starforce Games and my AutoBrother's name is Mael.

And when I play JRPGs where you can change the names of mains I name characters I like to use after friends or family...

My main protagonist (whom I normally train to be very Martial artsy or Ninja/assassin-y) is normally Wolf, Godot, or my irl name

My brute/muscle is normally Mael, Orca, or Mael's irl name

Sometimes if I have a swordsman, a female Warrior, a Female Mage, or a male samurai, I named them Kaito, Sophie, Ame, or Edge

But I normally prioritize irl friends whom are normally a male gunner, a female sage, a male Paladin, and a Male Mage