[IC] Tengoku no Owari CT, Chapter 1.2

Empiricist

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Oh..." Sasha remarks upon seeing the box along with Sabia. "I'm just going to take a wild guess and say that this box isn't from you. Regardless, come inside. I'll move this thing in and then we can get to work, alright?" Sasha says as she starts to move the box carefully, while also trying to see if she can find some other labeling on it.

Sasha

Sabia nods curtly and enters. The box, proves to be a little less cooperative, it's, fairly heavy actually, and rather lacking in any other information save for a label that indicates it was, indeed meant for you.

After a bit of shuffling and some minor space warping, Sasha finally got the box into the garage. "Sheesh, the heck did these people send me? Some random parts maybe?" Sasha mutters as she opens the box to see whether the contents are anything that could be useful for her build.

Sasha

The box appears to be filled almost entirely with packing peanuts, and are those belts? There's like, a whole load of belts buried in the styrofoam. Resting on the very top is a typed note that simply says Hope you enjoy! on the other side of it, you find the words Squeamish Ossifrage.

"Well this is...not parts," Sasha mutters, scratching her head while she looks at the note enclosed in the box. "Sabia, does the phrase 'Squeamish Ossifrage' mean anything to you?" she asks, hoping that her acquaintance could shed some light on this, even if only a little.

The box was open. She'd known she'd been being carried for a little. Door closed. Secure. The Hairtenna twitches once, and then the belts begin to move, beginning to slowly crawl out of the box.

One of them was awakened. Likely the handler. The other had not done anything specific yet, but was likely already aware. She began to rise, the box shaking some as she dislodges packing peanuts from her, belts reaching out to brace her as she lifts up out of the box, facing generally toward them, primarily the one she had recognized as her handler. The form of a girl, wrapped in a massive number of belts, covering her entire body and binding it together in something akin to a fetal position, their ends extending in all directions to hold her up, the only thing extending beyond them being a long, blonde ahoge. The belts wrapping her face move, loosening to allow speech.

"GREETINGS. ARE YOU MY MASTER?"

Master. A funny word. It made people nervous, not sure how to answer. That was fun. The belts tighten again, once more sealing the unsettling voice of the girl.

"Oh please. Like I'd get involved in that," Sasha groaned at the mention. That being said, she had certainly ended up with...quite the oddity. And she had no idea what the heck to do with it. "At any rate, I have no clue if I'm your 'master' but you ended up on my doorstep so I should probably do something about this," Sasha replies to what might be a girl wrapped in belts. 

"So...do you have a name?"

The belts loosen again, letting out that voice.

"I AM CHISE NOMURA. IT IS A PLEASURE TO MEET YOU."

She pauses for a moment before speaking again, as if considering.

"IF YOU ARE NOT MY HANDLER, I WOULD REQUEST YOU CONTACT THEM AND HAVE THEM COLLECT ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE."

and with that, Chise begins to lower back into her cardboard box.

"Well, its nice to meet you, even if the circumstances are...a bit odd. As for your handler..." Sasha scratches her head as she looks over the card. "So there doesn't seem to be an actual number with the card in here, so either you got sent to me without the sender actually informing me, or you ended up in the wrong place. And quite frankly I'm not in a position to really tell one from the other. Sabia?" Sasha asks, trying to see if they have any idea of what might be going on.

"Not that I can recall. Most of my shipping orders consist of machine parts or something. I guess someone could have put me on a list for something, but if they did they didn't inform me. Though given that it is my address, I'm probably the intended recipient. Meh, whatever," Sasha shrugs, deciding to figure out things and call a few people later.

"Anyways Sabia, let's get to work in the meantime. As for you Chise...make yourself comfortable I guess?" she says, deciding to get to work on the bike.

"Alright. Just a sec," Sasha says as she begins to pull out the frame parts for the bike, listing out which ones go where along the way as she finds them, along with explaining the duration for the enchants and the speed at which they need to function.

Sasha

Sabia nods along with your explanation, before getting to work, quietly humming to herself. 

What enchanting precisely involves varies from person to personal; there's a few different ways of going about it, though in the end, the actual principles and result remain the same. In Sabia's case, the tool of choice takes the form of a headset and a copy of Dragon Professional hooked up to amongst other things, a few dozen metallic spheres. 

"Tool: Fast Marching. Inputs: Visual Field, Matter Detect. Seed: Default. Output: 'Preliminary Enchantment Boundaries'. Run Segmentation.

The piece in front of her begins to glow. 

"View: Cross-section. Inputs: Preliminary Enchantment Boundaries. Displace diagram."

The glow seems to separate outwards and split apart, revealing an internal structure a great deal more solid than that of the engine it came from. Misfitting. Fast marching on the visual field tends to be bad at mapping internal structures. Matter detection helps, but as can be seen here, it wasn't exactly perfect. Next step would be tuning the boundaries and repeating for each piece. Following that, would be linking the pieces, running the estimates, and then, only then would the actual enchanting begin. This may take a bit. 

On 5/10/2018 at 6:07 PM, Cronos5010 said:

Immanuel awkwardly laughed at his grandfather's final comment before he smiled and said, "Well if you thought that was bad, wait until you hear this next one," Adolf chuckled a little bit as well as he said, "I honestly don't think that you can do..." Immanuel quickly interjected with, "Von Holzstoff in dem Himmel," to which the old man just as quickly replied with, "a lot worse, congratulations you somehow managed to come up with a worse name than.." which caused the younger man to smile a little bit wider in response as he interjected once more with, "the Blaur Himmel you mean?." The old man shook his head a little bit before he replied, "Well at least my name doesn't mention anything about wood pulp."

By this point in time Immanuel had already left the confines of his grandfather's store after the two of them collectively realized that not only has the current subject of the conversation had already run its course, but that they really didn't have anything to talk about that wasn't incredibly depressing, inane, or particularly embarrassing. Also his grandfather had 'a hot date' (who as he would point out was still young enough to not be clammy and do you kiss your mother with that mouth young man?) later that evening, which of course meant that he really couldn't afford to waste any more time with awkwardly sitting around here 'with his third or fourth liked nephew'. This is why Immanuel was currently busy with trying to remember exactly which one of his pockets he kept his house keys in while his neighbor's white short furred cat rather affectionately demanded that the bigger cat pay a tithe of edible foodstuffs for the sin of existing.

"Well, now that she's handling that..." Sasha mutters to herself as she moves over to the box containing Chise. "So, were you told anything before you were sent off? About who you were to be meeting or any other important details," she asked, hoping for something that could give her some answers to this weird situation.

"Huh, that right? Normally this would be the part where I say something about a wrong address, but since the box is addressed to me, I suppose whoever was doing the briefing got a little too drunk and forgot. Or something else happened to them, no way for me to know," Sasha shrugs. 

"At any rate, I'm guessing the briefing would have just told me what to expect from you. On that note, are you hungry or something? I don't know how long you were in there or if you ate beforehand but it would be good to know nonetheless."

The girl pauses for a moment, considering.

"I SEE. IN THAT CASE, I WILL PROVIDE WHATEVER INFORMATION I CAN TO ASSIST YOU. i DO NOT NEED TO EAT, SLEEP, OR PREFORM MANY OF THE FUNCTIONS NORMALLY REQUIRED OF A HUMAN BODY. i AM ALSO UNSURE WHAT OTHER INFORMATION SHOULD BE RELEASED TO YOU BEYOND THIS, AS I AM NOT AWARE OF YOUR CLEARANCE LEVEL AND HAVE BEEN ASKED TO KEEP CERTAIN INFORMATION PRIVILEGED."