LoL General Chat

The Fush

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why is it every time I try to ask one of my noob questions does everyone get sidetracked on a fully unrelated topic about x champion? It's not just for my sake, I know other noobs are gonna come to this thread too. Further more, it seams we fight on this thread over every time someone says they use a champion who normally stays in one role, and they use them for some other role. It really grind my gears on how defensive, angry, and full of kvetching(kvetch is yadish for what translates to a verb for "pointless complaining"). Like, really. It's a video game. Calm down, team. I don't wanna sound like a jerk. But I kinda want us to remember that some of us do this for fun, and wild cards like using someone never thought viable or re-inventing how a character works is a big thing in mutliplayers games. SO yelling at people for using odd battle plans and get some fun and/or results out of it seams pointless. In fact, trying those things they're doing that you find unusable before claiming they are as such might help a lot too. Just saying.

Why is it every time I try to ask one of my noob questions does everyone get sidetracked on a fully unrelated topic about x champion? It's not just for my sake, I know other noobs are gonna come to this thread too. Further more, it seams we fight on this thread over every time someone says they use a champion who normally stays in one role, and they use them for some other role. It really grind my gears on how defensive, angry, and full of kvetching(kvetch is yadish for what translates to a verb for "pointless complaining"). Like, really. It's a video game. Calm down, team. I don't wanna sound like a jerk. But I kinda want us to remember that some of us do this for fun, and wild cards like using someone never thought viable or re-inventing how a character works is a big thing in mutliplayers games. SO yelling at people for using odd battle plans and get some fun and/or results out of it seams pointless. In fact, trying those things they're doing that you find unusable before claiming they are as such might help a lot too. Just saying.

Did we not discuss the viable options for the lane you were looking for? And when the subject changed to new skins, you replied with a rather coarse "I don't give a rat's ass." So I fail to see how you can complain about getting sidetracked or disregarding topics if you are guilty of the same thing. I don't think anyone is trying to be rude when they inform you that a champion is better suited for a different playstyle. As a newer League of Legends player, you're most likely not aware of the meta of the game, and we're trying to help inform you. The meta is the meta because it works, and it works well. No one has been yelling at anyone for trying things differently. All I've seen is suggestions for a different and generally move effective playstyle.

This thread is multi-purpose. It's going to have a main topic every now and then, but the users participating have a choice as to whether they want to be a part of the conversation or not.

Also, the correct spelling is Yiddish.

I'm still unsure how I feel about Kindred. On one hand, they're probably the best champion concept I've seen since I started playing, but I feel gameplay wise I wish they had incorporated Wolf much more than they did. It really just feels like you're playing Lamb with Wolf as a buddy similar to how Quinn/Valor plays out, except Valor has a lot more relevancy in Quinn's kit. Balance wise, I feel like they are weak from their early to mid game, and with the giant target that Lamb's passive marks on lanes, it makes it difficult to stack sometimes. Coupled with her passive stacks being most of their kit's power damage-wise, and with their lower-than-average base stats, I feel like it's harder for them to get ahead and I see no reason to pick them over other carry junglers. I still really enjoy the work they've put into their launch though, and like I said, I haven't been this amazed with a champion concept before, and they are a ton of fun to play.

Edited by Talkla

Whether or not they prove to be good, I'm still going to dedicate my time to them somehow, whether it be learning the champ well or learning the theme on the piano since the sheet music was released today.

sonce I have no musical talent whatsoever I'm gonna learn the champion

I honestly felt like Kindred was pretty weak when I played them on PBE. Just never could be extremely impactful in teamfights, since I had enemies who by the time I played Kindred had long figured out how her ultimate works. If they snowball they are absolutely disgusting, however, due to their mid-game strength.

I wrote this some time ago back when Kindred was on PBE.

The ult is pretty bizarre to use. I also really don't think it fits their kit or lore. They are the spirits of death and an ADC. Why would they have a move that keeps both sides alive? It might work well with a team with a lot of displacement spells.

It's Lamb being merciful, in the story when Lamb and Wolf meet the actress Lamb is merciful whilst Wolf wants to tear her to shreads, Kindred's ult maybe the development team's attempt to make the story of Kindred and the champion match up.

I mean, there was a thing in the lore about how "Kindred brings death, but they can also delay or it" or something. It fits their lore just fine

It also actually goes very well with them being an ADC. Being squishy AF, having a way to keep themselves alive while they wait for cooldowns or to survive being bursted down by the enemy midlaner is actually kinda awesome. And of course the utility it gives the team is nice too

Their issue imo is that they're extremely vulnerable to counterjungling. If they can make it past the early game though, they can provide lots of lane pressure and transfer over to be a second ADC in teamfights

Which brings up the point that duo ADC can actually be really good, and Kindred allows more team comps with that setup by going into the jungle

My main issue is with how little Wolf does. It feel less like Kindred and more like Lamb with the occasional bite of Wolf

I mean, there was a thing in the lore about how "Kindred brings death, but they can also delay or it" or something. It fits their lore just fine

It also actually goes very well with them being an ADC. Being squishy AF, having a way to keep themselves alive while they wait for cooldowns or to survive being bursted down by the enemy midlaner is actually kinda awesome. And of course the utility it gives the team is nice too

Their issue imo is that they're extremely vulnerable to counterjungling. If they can make it past the early game though, they can provide lots of lane pressure and transfer over to be a second ADC in teamfights

Which brings up the point that duo ADC can actually be really good, and Kindred allows more team comps with that setup by going into the jungle

My main issue is with how little Wolf does. It feel less like Kindred and more like Lamb with the occasional bite of Wolf

Wolf is supposed to mark camps for Kindred to kill to stack passive, Wolf restores health, and on the 3rd auto on their e Wolf chunks health, but what do you want from the disembodied soul of a wolf?

Meanwhile Lamb shoots arrows, jumps around, saves lives, marks champions, does the other two AAs on their E, etc

Wolf doesn't feel very well integrated. Lamb participates one way or another in every skill or action, Wolf occasionally bites people and marks the jungle. They're still cool, but I wish they were more balanced between savageness and mercy owo