LoL General Chat

The Fush

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

im kinda disappointed with his ult, i was expecting it to be similar to vel'koz's but it's basically Vel's E with a slow instead of a knockup but with a super long cooldown

As it sits, I think the ult is fine being underwhelming when his q w is that strong...

I think that's because everyone's expecting it to be some insanely powerful tool to fit his theme, when they're not considering how simple it is. It's either a disengage tool, an extra burst of damage, or the slow can be used to make a pick. It's not something meant to be insanely impactful like a bard ult.

what ppl don't realize is that aurelion sol is a simple champion IN GENERAL. basically, you have his outer orbit as the key range indicator for everything about him--the q detonation distance, the w's damage radius, and the r's pushback range. however, because his q radius extends with distance, his outer orbit isn't always his safe radius, and the orbiting passive gives counterplay to his damage. he's the first simple champion riot's made in a long time.

okay friends the official reborn club has been made, if you haven't already been invited and want to be you may PM either me, dan, ame, or ikaru on the forums with your summoner's name and we'll add you

and to speed up the process, here's the summoner's names of those people that you'll need to add to get an invite:

me: MrFameMonsta

dan: Dastan

ame: Amieamyame

ikaru: IkaruKazuna

note: because the club system sucks there's a limit to how many pending invites we can have so you might not get added right away

edit: added this to the OP

First I have all y'all added and I didn't get one... what gives? ((second I'm being a buttheas.))

Also question... and I don't know if it's been mentioned it here... it probably has, but has anyone noticed that Sol's taunt to Taric mentions him being an aspect?

Quote in question. Taunting an Enemy Taric: "You're an Aspect? Let me guess - tackiness."

And aren't the aspects the special warriors that ascended to the summit of Targon? At least, this is what is implied of Leona, Pantheon, and Diana thus far if anyone's been reading the Targon stuff. ((which I being a super lore nerd for anything I play, have done so.)). There is still a champion even missing from the list. The three mentioned there and now Sol are already filled in but there's another slot for a hero to go in there as the fifth icon is still empty.

Reason being, Taric is still one of the outstanding "I've been summoned from another world." type champions. In his background of current it currently states he was summoned from elsewhere this being why only he can use Gemstone magic. With his entire rework ((Visual and gameplay.)) I ahve a feeling Riot will use this as their ticket to make him fit somewhere within the world of Runeterra as they have written it. And, with a Champion who has high disdain for Targon ((Sol.)) calling him an aspect it seems that they will push for Taric to be made somehow related to Targon. He might be an outsider as it's been mentioned that people from all over the world take pilgrimages to Targon to try and reach the summit. However, so far we've only seen those who live there succeed. Feels like an interesting thing to mention that the mountain chooses who is worthy to climb it. Even further, Riot made suuuuuuuper sure to make it clear the Taric Rework was the next thing on the docket after Mister Star Dragon. All of this coinciding with the Targon lore stuff that has been released. Sol took the first empty slot so... I think Taric will be taking the second. Just feels like what they would do. It also keeps the fact that Taric's magic is pretty unique since the Aspects are as we know so far... pretty crazy and the embodiment of some concept and their powers relate to that. ((Pantheon is War, Leaona the Sun and Diana the Moon.)) So.. Taric quite possibly the earth or Runeterra. I mean the Planet we live on is usually considered a celestial body in the scheme of things and gems come from the earth.

So far every other "Summoned from another world" champ has been retconned to fit elsewhere in the world of Runeterra. Anivia to the Freljord, and Nasus and Renekton to Shurima. If there's others outstanding that have... i forgot who they were. oooops?

Dunno. It doesn't seem like a coincidence to meeee. Also sorry if this was mentioned already. I just kind noticed it and it was like on the brain XD. So I jsut thought I'd put it here XD.

Also, on a playing note... is it jsut me or has top kinda been... really weird this season? I dunno what it is but I really jsut don't care for it as much as I did. ANd I don't know why... because this type of meta is kinda a meta I should thrive in. Tanks and Brusiers meant for busting them are... pretty much my style of champion. And... yet I find myself not really caring for it this Season very much. Weirdly enough I've kinda gravitated to a role I used to hate in Bot Lane as an ADC or playing marksman mid with a splash of control mages. It's... just really strange to me. I can't put my finger on why I jsut... don't really like it anymore but it's jsut feels off to me now. It's really odd as a top main to be honest. I've been a top main for 4 seasons now, this one being the first I've not really been wanting to stick with the lane. Just... a strange thing really that's been buggin' me a toooooooooooooooooooon. Like... I still wanna love it and what not, I jsut really can't enjoy it like I used to.

I'm actually stirring in my LoL grave. If Aurelion Sass is as simple as some of the comments here suggest, I'll probably start playing part time again, eheh.

hopefully my slower reflexes that have developed due to World of tanks and war thunder wont screw my LoL gameplay too hard

He's simple for sure. He takes more positioning based skills and trying to be in the right place. But he synergizes with tanky AP items and has a huge portion of damage from his Passive which does a lot of the work itself in some regards. He's definitely not as much of an auto-pilot champ as people think he is, but he doesn't have a lot of crazy interactions in his abilities. You got to think about how you are moving a lot though due to both his passive and his E: Comet of Legend.

So, in short. He is incentivised to buy more forgiving items in his base build ((since he has more AoE persistent damage then burst.)), he has a kit that relies around his passive dealing solid damage over a span of time, ((his W extending the reach and damage, both in actual damage and speed of the passive proc.)) all of his skills play with what is his "Outer Limit" ((where the stars extend to on W toggle.)) so it's easy to grasp his ranges but more the idea of how he works. Starsurge is probably the hardest ability in his kit in regards to that since it technically has infinite range so long as it doesn't leave Sol's Outer limit. ((if he follows it his limit obviously moves with him.)) but even that isn't too hard to grasp imo.

Basically, Sol has a low ground floor and it's easy to be effective and do the job he's meant to do, but there's plenty of small tricks and things to learn to master him. ((Example, if your passive is close to someone you can cast W to push it through them and then snapcast it off to pull it back through them dealing damage twice. Once form the W and once regular passive damage. might help secure someone who at that point is suuuuper low. There's a lot of little tihngs like that.))

Hey !

I'm curious to know, what is the level of people here on LOL :P - Silver here, I was never able to climb up to gold hehe ^^

Name is razkarkapat on lol in case someone wants to play in a funny-way not so seriously (but actually trying to win)

also, I have a question: Do your favorite lol champ and your favorite pokemons look like each other ?

For example in my case that would be Wukong/ Infernape, so yeah they do :P

I was Silver last season, 3/0 on qualifiers this season

I'm MasterWeavile898 on League, you can add me or I'll add you depending on which of us gets the chance first. I enjoy playing silly stuff that works to an extent (old Ashe support, old Quinn JG, Wit's End+Titanic Cho, etc)

My favorite Pokemon is Weavile and my favorite champion is either Annie or Karma, so not really, no

Hey !

I'm curious to know, what is the level of people here on LOL :P - Silver here, I was never able to climb up to gold hehe ^^

Name is razkarkapat on lol in case someone wants to play in a funny-way not so seriously (but actually trying to win)

also, I have a question: Do your favorite lol champ and your favorite pokemons look like each other ?

For example in my case that would be Wukong/ Infernape, so yeah they do :P

I was gold last season, sitting silver 2 right now.

I liked Morgana top lane alot actually, it's really funny when people gank you, especially if it's a Vi ulting in, flash black shield under tower.

Summoner name is: Anankos (previously was Avatar of Grima)

Favorite champion and pokemon look nothing alike