Touhou Video Highlights

seki108

Since that video led to a few other Youmu ones, I'll probably post another new find for today's video.   Also, I forgot Aya has been a playable common character, so I guess I am missing one from the list.  @Gheist

I need to stock up the backlog of these videos again.......at least with good quality ones.  I have some "ok" quality ones, but I'll save those for when this has run out of steam

Another Youmu video.  Seems pretty basic, but the song was good and the animation decent.  Hard to say much since I just found it

Another PVD entry for today's video, this one mostly about Sukia.....and a rarer Reimu harem.  A cute animation of Sukia trying to get Reimu to notice her, with a lyrical song based on one of her themes.....I think.   I could not find a subbed version.

Spoiler

Almost forgot again, though I did remember it earlier............then didn't do it when I got on again.    

Anyway, today's is another PVD, this time focusing on Touhou 3 in general.  Sure, it's not exact, since Reimu's not riding on Genji among a few other things, but the premise is still there.   Plus, more Mima is always great.   No subs again.

Spoiler

Doing it early today

Today's video is the opening of a fan-game commonly called Touhouvania 2 in the west.  It was the second attempt at a Castlevania remake featuring Touhou characters, though this one had much more production value, with the creator somehow having the connections to get professional-level seiyū  onboard. The song is great, and, though it doesn't have much animation, the intro does a good job at showing off the new character designs.  

Spoiler

Just because, I'm linking a playthrough down here, so it can feature both the voices and gameplay.  Right off the bat, I have to say I LOVE Sakuya and Yukari's redesign and voice choices.   @Wolfox, since I've seen you mention Castlevania before (though that was the Netflix series, not the games).............I just want more than one person to look at this (assuming Lexi/Yonomiro/Clownpiece still looks here occasionally)

Spoiler

Not really sure what to say about this one.  I normally don't like rap, but I guess I can tolerate it much better when I can't understand the language, even when it has subs like this one (or if the rap is about something you don't expect to be a rap).   The animation is more of flash animation.......or something along those lines quality wise.   It's just a funny video of Patchi and Alice arguing through rap, with some Marisa interjections.  Chosen on a whim mostly:

Spoiler

A darker imagination of Remilla and Flandre's pasts and fears for the future   set to a lyrical (subbed) version of Remilla's theme (?).   Minor blood warning

Spoiler

Post 2

The first Aya-centric video I upload has one of her more perverted interpretations?   Maybe you should have just been a more honest news source in the first place

Spoiler

Today's is a full-length (10 minute) animation featuring the Scarlet Devil Mansion Crew.  I'm not going to call it the highest quality animation (compared to Fantasy Kaleidoscope), but it's still good.

Spoiler

forgot about yesterday's and almost today's video

Nitori takes the spotlight, and I almost get hungry before I remember I'm not a big cucumber fan.  I nice (subbed) lyrical rendition of 'Candid Friend'.

Spoiler

A Marisa RPG, also featuring Youmu and Reimu?  I'd play it.  Lots of small references, though my favorite is something with Guy Shishio (GaoGaiGar).......I have to appreciate what mecha references I can get (without it having to be Gurren Lagann).

Spoiler

another double day since I missed yesterday

I'm not sure exactly what to say about this one, since it's half character shots and half a fight against Yuuka.......at least there is MIma in flashback form and Yuuka in her winged form.   Song is decent and subbed.

Spoiler

Well, I've found like two or three videos that all go along the same theme:  play the song over character shots.  This will just do for the second video, though it's a bit different than what I want to post.  At least the song is subbed and the artwork good.

Spoiler

• 3 months later...

Oh hey, this still exists.  Honestly, I kind of ran out of content that I wanted to post......not that there wasn't content worth noting, just it was mostly the same as the other stuff I posted and I wanted variety  or I just didn't think it fit whatever theme I was going for.  Yeah, screw that, I'm going to be putting more stuff here, though maybe not daily.   

One change is that I'm lifting the self-imposed limit of "no Walfas or MMD (or other equivalent) content" though I haven't even looked back to see if I followed the MMD thing.  I think I mainly wanted to highlight older content and usually more traditional animations.  There is good Touhou content on these mediums, so I'm going to include them.

An MMD of the Grassroots with a side of Kappa.  

Spoiler

Another MMD, this time to coincide with Touhou 16.5's announcement

Spoiler

Now for two Waflas.  I can't say I like every V.A. in this one but it has Kogasa, so everything is alright.

Spoiler

A cute Waflas series about Reimu taking care of Cirno like a daughter.  Second video in the series just because

Spoiler