Time-Travel Team?

Shia

I've recently just finished Episode 17 and [REDACTED]. So I planned to go back to an old savefile to [REDACTED] instead. Until I realized I didn't actually backed up. Sooooo.. I have to restart the whole game. But why not do it in a thematic way instead?

I'm going to do a sort of time-traveler run, but I'm having trouble thinking of Pokemon related to the concept. So far, I have..

Klingklang, to represent gears in a clock.

Claydol, as a sort-of hourglass shaped Pokemon, bonus points for also being Ground type for the "sand" theme.

And some psychic types that can learn Future Sight, or are directly related to futures/past itself, such as Xatu, Gothitelle, and Gardevoir. 

But other than that, I have no idea anymore. I can possibly expand the concept to something about alternate universes/dimensions too, since that will still fit the theme of someone trying to explore all possible "timelines"/"worlds", but I'm still lacking any ideas. When I get a complete roster, I might post this as a bonafide playthrough in this forum too. Thanks for all possible suggestions!

You may want to hack yourself a Celebi as starter, its level-up moves selection is quite shallow and given how limited TMs are in-game, its movepool selection will be quite limited so I hope it compensates for its position as mythical Pokemon. You can also bring a prominent Pokemon which represent each timeline cultures such as Aegislash, Escavalier to represent medieval times; Beheeyem, Magnezone, or Ultra Beast to represent futuristic timeline; Fossil to represent prehistoric timeline. There are plenty of choices actually. More choices than monotype, I believe.

Honestly, I feel that a time-traveler team fit Rejuvenation more story-wise but it's your playthrough so good luck!

6 hours ago, Phi-Bi said:

You may want to hack yourself a Celebi as starter, its level-up moves selection is quite shallow and given how limited TMs are in-game, its movepool selection will be quite limited so I hope it compensates for its position as mythical Pokemon. You can also bring a prominent Pokemon which represent each timeline cultures such as Aegislash, Escavalier to represent medieval times; Beheeyem, Magnezone, or Ultra Beast to represent futuristic timeline; Fossil to represent prehistoric timeline. There are plenty of choices actually. More choices than monotype, I believe.

Honestly, I feel that a time-traveler team fit Rejuvenation more story-wise but it's your playthrough so good luck!

This is my favorite idea so far. I like the concept of having different cultures/time periods as teams. I'll work around that with the previous suggestions too. But I won't be using a Celebi as a starter. I have something else planned. And while I do think it fits Rejuvenation more in a story-sense, there isn't really anything in it yet that completely warrants you to actually have different save files for other routes as much as Reborn does, though it still does in some instances. I might use this same concept when V10 comes out. 

Anywho, thanks for all the suggestions!