Your Own Pokemon Protagonists?

Shia

Pokemon's always been a "silent protagonist"- kind of game, to make it easier for the player to shape and craft the protagonist into their own image. Especially with Pokemon X/Y allowing you to customize your protagonist's appearance even more. That seems to be more apparent in the newer games though, especially in contrast with how Red became an active figure despite not saying anything at all. These silent avatars are the perfect way for the player to experience the game how they want to, so..

Do you have any stories/headcanons about your protagonists when you play the various Pokemon games? Where they came from? Why they're challenging the league, etc etc? Most especially fanmade ones? Do you have some image of how they look like? I'm really curious because creating my own player characters for any Pokemon game is honestly a necessity.  Feel free to post and talk about your protagonists below!

I'll start. Currently, here's my protagonist for my current Reborn playthrough. 

F14ZawLrTt2k5KeLv7tGfQ.png

Spoiler

Personally, I wouldn't get too attached to your story, since I think Ame has a background for our character herself. Lin has repeatedly hinted that she knows more about us (and everything around us) and she has other plans in store for us. This is based on the fact that she wants us to have the bracelets and she wanted us to stay alive. It's also interesting to note that Lin has accused us of working with her, which is an interesting concept. Maybe we truly are unknowingly working for team meteor and all our thwarts against them are just part of Lin's bigger plan. This is of course just speculation, but Ame has definitely hinted towards a deeper connection between us and Lin. (And the whole prophecy thing seems to point towards a deeper meaning of our character too).

1 hour ago, Just2Reborn said:

Hide contents

Personally, I wouldn't get too attached to your story, since I think Ame has a background for our character herself. Lin has repeatedly hinted that she knows more about us (and everything around us) and she has other plans in store for us. This is based on the fact that she wants us to have the bracelets and she wanted us to stay alive. It's also interesting to note that Lin has accused us of working with her, which is an interesting concept. Maybe we truly are unknowingly working for team meteor and all our thwarts against them are just part of Lin's bigger plan. This is of course just speculation, but Ame has definitely hinted towards a deeper connection between us and Lin. (And the whole prophecy thing seems to point towards a deeper meaning of our character too).

Same thing I believe in too. Who knows if there is a deeper connection between us and Lin. But, man she has some attitude and is power hungry. 

Open spoiler only when you have completed E17, if you don't want to get spoiled about the fact.

Spoiler

Taka also mentions that she is narcoleptic. i.e., has no control over sleep-wake cycle. And she was also from Sigmund's orphanage and was mean to Laura even as a kid.

2 hours ago, Just2Reborn said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Maybe it depends on what you have done before. Lin seems to be obsessed by strength, if you’re able to defeat a Garchomp or Arceus himself at low level, you have more chance to catch her attention. This point of view is very interesting, because Lin was living in the orphanage whereas the protagonist just arrived to Reborn, so the only thing who managed to seized the curiosity of Lin about you must probably be your potential as well as your power. Even if the player can do several choices in the game, he is still a puppet of Lin. The worst situation would be that the player was a douchebag all along and gave the opportunity to Lin to get what she wished from the start, maybe something in the New World.

Edited by Q-Jei

For most I don't some (fan)games tell a decent story themselves or are not worth telling a story about. But I do have one for ultra moon.

Here is my story for Ultra Moon, it's a bit long though.

Spoiler

I played around the idea that as a child the mc (morrigan) was too skilled of a trainer at trainer school and got bored of it due too a lack of challenge.

Her mother finding out of this behavior moves to Alola hoping that the island challenge could reignite the spark that her daughter lost. 

Morrigan starts the island challenge excited with a new region but a bit apprehensive limits herself: she can only use pokemon/forms exclusive to alola and she can only use psychic, ghost or dark types. Those were the chains that she chose to bound herself with.

Even with those limits she flourished through the island challenge. The road was a bit bumpy but nothing could fully satisfy her but there was still road ahead. What she was looking for could be around the corner.

But then she fought and beat ultra necrozma and won. She realised there wasn't much road left. To make matters worse Lillie asked the mc too take care of both Lunala and necrozma. She never forgave lillie for that. 

Respecting lillie's wishes Morrigan took the 2 pokemon with her and raised them too the best of her abilities: no pokemon deserves less.

Eventually Morrigan stood before the league: her final chance. Even there though she blazed through only needing 4 of her 6 pokemon. Looking at the throne she realised that this was the end of the road. With resignation she finally seated herself on it.

To her surprise though it wasn't the end, there was one last challenge. Standing like a  beacon of hope stood Hau, the person she went on the island challenge with. Silently she begged for her chains to be released: to taste true defeat.

Alas even Hau was no match even for all his growth. Again she only needed 4 pokemon and none were legendary. She wanted to scream but didn't bother. She couldn't change the fact that this was the end of the road of her island challenge.

I might or might have not made a backstory and personality for the female OC of Black/White, and then followed to make a fan fiction about her and the other characters lol. I've never done that before, but Idk why I felt inclined to do it for this game... (I know it has best story imo but still)

Spoiler