Gen 7 Pokemon And TMx Moves

Shuyin178

Honestly, they should be reasonably implemented.  If a mon has something sharp, they should be able to learn Cut, for example.  Just because it's sticking close to canon, doesn't mean basic adaption of moves should be ignore; there is only about 80 mons altogether and 8(?) TMX's, so it shouldn't be that difficult to assign a few to each mon. 

After all, HMXs wouldn't even be in Ep 17 if it were going strictly by canon movepools.

I really hope Reborn will get rid of HM/TMx as the official games did. At the moment i'm using the mod who allows to use TMxs simply by being in the inventory with the right badge, maybe it's possible to implement as a standard feature of the game, it leaves the roadblocks while lifting the player from the annoyance of teaching and re-teaching those damn moves over and over.

1 hour ago, NickCrash said:

Adding non-canon moves to pokemon isn't something Ame would do.

This really should be an exception to that rule.  For example, it will be ridiculous if Primarina can't learn Dive like almost every other water type.  

If I were making a case in favor of adding non-canon moves to canon pokemon, I would aim at things they could actually use.

Some HMs may fit thematically, but would never be used due to them being counter-productive. So what is the point, really?

The officials may not bother to improve some of their creations, yet the addition feels cheap when made by a fangame. 

6 minutes ago, NickCrash said:

Some HMs may fit thematically, but would never be used due to them being counter-productive. So what is the point, really?

True enough, I suppose.  It works for some small things (adding the Fairy Gem), but I guess for others there isn't much point if that time could be spent on other things.......it's still going to be weird.   

I'm still hoping Ame adds Hidden Power  Fairy, since Rejuvination proved it could be done-------unless it's some coding nightmare

Edited by seki108