[IC] TotMV:G^2: Clash of Fate: The Unholy Maiden

Chevaleresse

Snow simply stared back at Mitsurugi, and shrugged.

"Normal Joan is a fine woman. I respect a woman with a strong will, and a rightful cause. But that monstrosity that we fought, that was not the legend of old."

She didn't necessarily feel bad for spitting on her enemy, but didn't have the right image to the others as Joan returned to normal. She mentally shrugged it off, and slung her giant weapon onto her back.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Had you stopped for a moment to consider things, you may have realized the truth of the situation. These Servants are corrupted spirits, and such a thing was likely done without their consent. Not that I would expect a mortal to understand such a thing." It struck a note far too close to home for the goddess. Struggling, trying to maintain her identity as a guardian and not the ravager so many had started to believe her to be. They didn't understand what it meant to exist in the realm of thoughts, concepts, and impressions, rather than the physical. It gave one some great advantages, yes, but came with a unique vulnerability. "Nevermind having proper respect for the fallen."

Edmond made his way onto the bus with a few swords picked up from the ground. On the way in, he nodded to Magnum. "Thanks. I'm sorry that I didn't have more for you to do this battle. . .I suppose it probably gets a bit boring to be the designated driver all the time. But you do it well, and the info at the beginning of a battle is invaluable."

He placed the blades on the floor, and sat down a few seats back from the front, popping off the helmet he wore.

Spicy HG banished the charged flames around her Glaive and watched as the Wyverns faded from existence.

"And you didn't even drop me any loot!  Worthless piles of..."

She trailed off, her attention drawn to the interaction between Snow and the others.

"Seriously Snow, we're not all balls of angst and loathing."

Her tone of voice and demeanor made it seem like she was being sarcastic...probably.

After finishing her statement and hardly waiting for Snow's response she turned around and started walking back to the bus.  Coincidentally avoiding any eye contact with Mitsurugi.  She stepped up and half into the bus before turning to look back.

"Come on, let's head back to the castle and figure out where the next big bad is.  Plus, I get the feeling something is about to change."

Edited by StormLord

"Look, all I was briefed on here was that there was help needed. And I'm not going to respect something that did... well, this."

Snow gestured to the morphed bodies, and the burned village.

"I don't particularly care if you respect me or not, but I did what I did."

She turned from the conversation, and followed Spicy onto the bus.

Mitsurugi shook her head, but didn't reply. Always making assumptions, having no respect for the gods or even one another. Ignoring what one better-informed told them because they so stubbornly had to be right. She sighed, and took her seat. And the other divine spirit seemed to be avoiding her entirely, for some reason. A part of her wanted to inquire as to why; another simply wanted to center herself for the next battle. After pondering her options for a moment, she simply took up a seat next to Spicy HG, probing her reactions.

As Mitsurugi sat down Spicy HG sort of recoiled, pulling herself in close and sliding over as far towards the window as she could.  She looked out the window and seemingly did everything she could to avoid Mitsurugi without actually saying anything.

Mitsurugi might notice that Spicy HG seemed to have (if only slightly) more energy than before and with a closer look she would see something hidden beneath the surface, something just as angry, bloodthirsty, and hysterical as it was drained of power.

Subtle, this one was. "You know that I don't mean you any ill will, correct?" So she really was afraid, actually afraid of Mitsurugi. The behavior was baffling to her; they'd just fought alongside one another, and their only prior interactions had been Spicy HG (what an odd name. . .) similarly doing her best to evade the goddess. "Unless you've committed some sort of crime against this group or this world, you've nothing to fear."

She turned to look at Mitsurugi, trying desperately to keep a straight and determined look on her face.

"I know, and you haven't done anything to wrong me.  It's just--"

She stopped for a second with a soft sigh, she glanced downward and away with an almost forlorn look.

"It's just that I've spent a very long time trying to....avoid confrontation from the Goddesses of my world.  After leaving my world I thought I would be free, but after meeting you...I don't know.  It's like a tidal wave of memories and terror."

She tried to straighten out her expression before looking up again.

"I do not know what ire you have drawn from your goddesses. If you have committed some crime where you are from, however, there is no better way to atone for it than fighting here." She fell silent for a moment, considering her own words. Redemption. . . was it possible for a failure of her magnitude? The mountain placed before her in that regard seemed insurmountable. "We fought well together. It is not good for you to continue to fear me. I have had. . . much experience, with humans needlessly fearing and hating me, I do not wish it to continue." Her tone sounded sad - at least, moreso than her normally somber tone of voice, though it was difficult to tell. She didn't comment on the other presence; it felt powerless, for now, and she did not need the woman fleeing at the question.

Spicy HG nodded slowly.

"I don't think there will be any atonement in fighting for me, but moving from world to world may stave off the inevitable for a time."

She gave a somewhat forced smile and took a deep breath.

"Wow.  I really am eating my own words about being a ball of angst and loathing.  I did not think that would come back to bite me so quickly.  Anyway, don't worry about me fearing you anymore.  I just, have to get over what you remind me of."

She seemed to have relaxed at least some over the course of the conversation, no longer holding tightly plastered to the window or refusing to look at Mitsurugi.