[System] LilyClash (Seeking Feedback/Recruiting Playtesters!)

Code: PIRULUK

Introduction

Hello. It's Acqui again, with another new initiative. This time, it's a new RP system that I've been experimenting with. Let's see if it takes off.

Context

I was sitting around, procrastinating and trying to avoid studying, while also thinking about that imaginary ideal game that I want to make one day, but will likely never get around to actually making. While I was doing that, and basically daydreaming, my thoughts turned to the question of how a forum RP could utilise a highly modular system to make basically any skill one could want, while still remaining constrained within a single battle system for balance. Realising this was basically an impossible goal, I started to refine the goal and work out the details, deciding to instead focus on a tactical game which had room for modular modification, and this system slowly formed in my head.

tl;dr Acqui was bored and this thing happened.

LilyClash

The LilyClash System is designed to provide a mechanically intensive system for Forum RPs that encourages teamwork and planning ahead, while allowing for maximum flexibility in the types of characters that players want to play. The system has an emphasis on the removal of RNG, to minimise the amount of rolling that the GM needs to perform, and to encourage a higher degree of tactical play.

The System

The system's combat itself is rather simple. Combat is turn-based occurs on a 10x10 grid and is delineated into Battle Rounds. A Battle Round ends when every unit has taken a turn, and a new Round begins. At the beginning of each Round, the Turn Order for that round is evaluated based on Initiative, with higher-INIT characters moving first. Then skills/buffs/effects which shift turn order will take effect. On each turn, a player can make 1 Movement action and use 1 Skill. The Battle is over when either side is completely annihilated, or when all objectives are accomplished. Simple Enough.

What is not quite so simple, however, is Character Creation. Character Creation is designed to be as flexible as possible, allowing you to make any number of skills with unique effects, while staying within the bounds of what the system permits. And there are a LOT of options. The Character Creation doc is currently at 31 pages, and will only grow as I continue to add more effects, conditions, and features to the system.

Interested?

If you are at all interested in this system, please feel free to check the documents included in the linked Drive below. For now, there's only a basic overview of the system and a Character Creation Guide, but I intend to add a black Character sheet and a few sample characters as soon as I have the time to do so (likely within the next week)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_LPtj7Gz8mEVnhJaGd5aDB2X3M?usp=sharing

Recruitment

I'm pretty satisfied with what I have now as a core set of rules/skills, but I welcome any and all suggestions for the types of skills/effects you'd like to see included in this system. In the meanwhile, I'm also recruiting 4 players for a playtest of this system - the scenario for that test will be finalised at a later date, but it's going to be a 2v2 deathmatch to test for broken combinations and to see if anything needs nerfing/buffing, and to get an overall feel for how the system plays in practice.

I welcome any comments, suggestions, criticisms, or thoughts about what I've put together, and I hope to be able to run a full RP using this system in the near future.