The Might Of The Earth!(WSGreen's Ground Monotype Run).

WSGreen

Questions for my run.  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Would you guys be interested in seeing me use a custom trainer sprite?

• Yeah, go ahead.
    • Naw, use the original trainer sprites.
  2. 2. Would it be alright if i used the debug mode? ( for adding evo items, or for changing burmy into its ground form?)

• Yeah, go ahead.
    • No Cheating Allowed!
  3. 3. Would it be ok to add another ground-type pokemon before Julia? (There are only 2 pokemon i can use before julia)

• Yeah, only using 2 pokemon would be hard. (Add suddgestion below)
    • No way, tough it out with 2 pokemon.

Hello People of Reborn City! My name is WSGreen, (you know, the one that comes on the forums on in a blue moon.) and I have been seeing a lot of monoruns popping up lately and thought, what the heck why not. So with out further ado, here is my Ground monotype run of Reborn!

Chapter 1, Part 1: Introduction

Lets Get things started with a introduction to are hero.

Daisuke.PNG.e348e7cbadb7e0de936c72311e23efef.PNG

This is Daisuke, age 18, Home region Kanto. And his starter for the he will be picking is....

Landmass.PNG.3a6f7418706f6e59ff609ae6daa96f72.PNG

Turtwig's ivs are all around decent (especially his attack and defense) and brave nature is really decent as well.

59877d05420be_Starterroom.PNG.cd91fa21dc1369fce170a5abcc265eb6.PNG

I'll post more once im further into the game.

There will be updates to the team down below for anyone curious.

598513429f000_Monogroundteamupdate.png.1adcaed3dee85fb6b589d6cd4e127661.png

Edited by WSGreen

1 hour ago, gryson said:

you can easily win with a marsthomp / grotle and a wormadam

Especially if you set up Curses with Grotle, it's gonna be super easy. Plus, Electric is weak to Ground. 

I don't get why people vote that it would be tough to defeat Julia with only 2 mons :D 

41 minutes ago, Jess said:

Especially if you set up Curses with Grotle, it's gonna be super easy. Plus, Electric is weak to Ground. 

I don't get why people vote that it would be tough to defeat Julia with only 2 mons :D 

I think it's mostly because of Sonic boom abuse on Julia's side. And Grotle doesn't learn any ground attacks, neither does Wormadam

Edited by HongaarseBeer

1 minute ago, HongaarseBeer said:

I think it's mostly because of Sonic boom abuse on Julia's side

Can always heal up with a Super Potion ;) 

I haven't found her to be abusing Sonic Boom that much in my last run... Don't know why.

Didn't say it would be easy, but it isn't supposed to be overly easy. Having 3-4 Ground types vs Julia would've been a walk at the park.

1 minute ago, Jess said:

Can always heal up with a Super Potion ;) 

I haven't found her to be abusing Sonic Boom that much in my last run... Don't know why.

Didn't say it would be easy, but it isn't supposed to be overly easy. Having 3-4 Ground types vs Julia would've been a walk at the park.

True, true

3 hours ago, gryson said:

it doestn mean that grotle and wormadam can't do damage without a ground move

curse razor leaf and wormadams bug bite can do a lot of damage

Yes, exactly. Plus, Grotle can easily set-up Curses vs Helioptile while healing up the Paralysis with Parlyz Heal.

Then, it will be easy to sweep. Only thing to be afraid of is Sonicboom, but can get 2 Super Potions pre-Julia, so there won't be any problem.

Also, Mudkip has Damp ability. Which prevents Explosions. Another nice thing to have vs Julia. 

So, I think that, with either Grotle/Marshtomp and Wormadam it's winnable.

Hell, @Gentleman Jaggi did it with Swampert alone!

5 minutes ago, St0mpa said:

That isn't usefull unless you are battling Julia without it being evolved as her field makes explosion part electric and marshtomp is part ground.

True, I hadn't considered the type change of Explosion due to the Electric Terrain.

2 minutes ago, HongaarseBeer said:

I believe you can also get an Onix from a hiker in Peridot. It says so in the location guide

You can, if you find him an appartment. But only after Julia. Same as the Numel quest.

Chapter 1, Part 2: First encounter with Fern.

After obtaining Landmass, I did the battles with Kain and Victoria and went outside to catch a few mons for hm users for a later date ( I have the TMX mod installed). But while I was catching some bidoof I found this little guy.

59877dedb53fa_ShinyBidoof.PNG.6f4019ef8cd9fdfd7ad81ce348eab4a6.PNG

After that lucky encounter I cleared out all of the bridge and made my way to get my second mon Sandbag the Burmy.

Sandbag.PNG.5ca6c9be764347212d3a1233f5a433e4.PNG

I grinded her up to lvl 20 (Which was a pain to do.) and I used a few common candies to lvl her down to 15. Afterwards I lvl'ed Landmass to 15 and decided to take on Fern.

59877df44e074_VsFern.PNG.ca6407f7823f7e0ba75e7bc6c9991d29.PNG

59877df7499fb_AfterFern.PNG.8cf3da23f3b0e0b0de1677908c9baa9c.PNG

Fern was alot easier then i thought (Sandbag FTW). After him getting but-hurt about losing, he left me alone. After which I healed and went on to the next part of the game.

Edited by WSGreen