[IC] Figments of Imagination: An Adventure of Some Sort.

Hal Henderics

Place the tip of the middle finger of the glove under one reasonably heavy object, then place the base of the glove under another. Make sure that the glove is a few centimeters off of the ground, then balance the pencil on the glove-bridge and ask Bob what he sees.

Eric finds the tank and goggles next to his bed as he returns from his shower. Igniting his curiosity. either he’s still dreaming, or that dream, was real…in a sense. He picks up the swim gear, trying to gauge its weight and figure out what it’s made of. It seemed to perfect, almost like something from an anime or game, transported into the real world without having its appearance changed to match. Well first things first. He makes a quick breakfast and turns on his desktop computer. What was the word again? He was sure he had heard it before. He starts his research by looking up the word figment

timeslot one: shower, eat simple breakfast. Research
timeslot two: go to the beach, swim, do beach things, and try out the swim gear if it has any air in it
timeslot three: do a few more beach things before heading to get some lunch at that new beachside restaurant.
timeslot four: go home: and play some smash bros melee. main Marth for the night.
timeslot five: have some supper and go to bed.

Edited by Endlessblaze

--

Arthur would find that the glove easily slips down with the pencil, like it lacks the friction to be held in such a way.

Bob is looking at him oddly now.

"So, Uhh.  What are you doing, man?" Bob asks.

"Look, I need to get back to work.  The Chief wanted you to go to that place where the murderer from before worked, dig up some info for the court case."

--

Eric's Swim Gear seems almost weightless, like a balloon.  Though, that isn't quite right.

When he lets go, it falls to the ground normally, making a soft noise, but when he picks it up, it is like it doesn't weigh anything at all.

It's surface is very smooth, and it isn't cold or hot, it's almost indescribable, just applying pressure to the tank with his hand, he finds that he can't actually feel it, aside from the pressure.

Wearing the Goggles and Tank together, he can almost immediately forget that he is wearing them, as it feels no different than when he was not.

Looking up just the word "Figment", he doesn't find much, the definition of the word, an attraction in disneyland, some sort of literary circle.  There is also a recent news report that came up on the second page, just a blurb. 

"Patients in hospital wing miraculously cured, claim Angelic Figure to blame, Several individuals claim this to be further evidence of th-"

--

"Patients in hospital wing miraculously cured, claim Angelic Figure to blame, Several individuals claim this to be further evidence of the existence of Figments, illusory beings that have been rumored to be making appearances all over the country, Skeptics however, call attention to the complete lack of any supernatural evidence, and propose instead that the effects of a new drug were illegally tested, and that these events were a publicity stunt to promote it."

The report goes on to describe the event in further detail.  Apparently, the patients saw an angelic being personally utilize a Pink Scepter to cure their wounds and illnesses, before disappearing by fading away.

Citations include the New Jersey News Group (NJNG), FictitiousResurgence.net, Science Inquiry Magazine and a bunch of others that don't really catch your eye.

Edited by Hal Henderics

Asahi wakes up from what seems to have been a dream. She notices the pen she picked up right next to her bed.

Timeslot one: Wake up, make breakfast

Timeslot two: Think about what just happened

Timeslot three: Test the pen out

Timeslot four: Play Tomb Raider

Timeslot five: Have dinner and go to bed

Tetsu wakes up from his bed. "That was just a dream, right?" He looks at the table near the bed and sees the pad which he took from his dream still there. "Oh my gosh... everything was real, then? And now my goal is to attempt to find the other three who have gotten items and then try to save Victory. This was such an unexpected event, but I hope I get to make sense of things later on and find the others as soon as possible." He decides that the best course of action for now was to eat breakfast. You can't think well, of course, without having your stomach filled.

Timeslot 1: Eat breakfast and rest for a bit
Timeslot 2: Inspect the material and try to discover how it works
Timeslot 3: Eat lunch at the Ramen Restaurant and walk around the area in search of the others
Timeslot 4: Read manga and watch anime
Timeslot 5: Eat dinner and look up similar incidents on the internet

--

Eric finds a few more smatterings and snippets, but nothing quite so explicit as that one report.

He realizes the day is practically in full swing, and heads to the beach.  Sneaking over to a nearby air compressor at Ron Dondlan's Scuba Shack, he manages to fill it up, giving him a supply of Air.  Suprisingly, Nobody sees the tank, or the goggles, or at least, nobody comments on it.

Testing the set out, it seems the tank and goggles work exactly as advertised, allowing Eric to dive deeper into the water, and keep a supply of oxygen.  He finds a huge shell, iridescent and colorful.

He makes his way to Mi Amore Dun' Cheep, a Seafood joint parodying high dining, and enjoys watching foolish people try to choke down the fried caviar challenger, a strange and vaguely disgusting pot of fried fish eggs.  He himself enjoys a simple meal, before heading back...

--

Arthur goes back to investigate the Washery further, however...

--

Tetsu Wakes up, enjoying his breakfast, and trying to rest and come to terms with the revelation before him.  Investigating the pad, it seems to still show that shadowy place, it is made of a smooth, textureless material.  Furthermore, it does not feel hot or cold, making it seem almost like he is holding nothing at all. It is also weightless, or it sure feels like that.  Dropping it still makes it fall, as he finds, but picking it up is no different than simply lifting an empty hand, if one were to try and compare the differences in weight.

Tetsu Goes to the Ramen Shop from before, however...

--

Asahi wakes up, pondering what has happened, and testing the seemingly mundane pen, it works just fine as one, given ink. Surely it has another use though?

Maybe it has something to do with the other people she saw in there.

In any case, she continues with her normal day, not leaving the house.

--

[The Timeslot is Currently 3.]

--

[Arthur, Eric, Tetsu]

The Three fellows, heading in various directions, all spot one another.  A Police Officer, who a bit old, and wearing the Purple Glove some Skinny fellow with a Swimmers build and wearing  Green Scuba Gear, and a Scrawny fellow, holding a Blue Pad, devoid of any branding.

They can't help but stop, spotting one another's Figments, and seeing the others notice theirs, a feat which nobody else today has managed.

Tetsu looks at the other people who seem to be holding objects similar to his. Wait... is that what I think it is? They seem to be holding objects similar to mine and if I recall, they look kinda like the people I've seen shortly in that dream... What should I do? I don't think it should hurt to ask... Just then, Tetsu heard the skinny guy wearing the green scuba gear ask him and the other guy regarding what they were bringing. He decided to answer the question truthfully. "If you guys are the correct people, are you familiar with the word 'Figment'? And do you know someone named 'Victory'? Because what I'm holding right now is a Figment that I got from Victory."

Eric looks blankly at Tetsu for a few seconds.

"Your not even trying to be subtle."

he sighs

"as for figments I did some research this morning. But the best I could find was an artical about hospital patients claiming to have been healed by an angelic figure"

On 7/24/2017 at 1:04 PM, Endlessblaze said:

Eric sees the other two people. Those objects. Weren't they.....

huh only one way to find out. May as well ask.

"Hey, what do you guys have there?" 

"Um....I got a pen. You got the same dream we did?" Asahi asked

"I have this glove, which, to my knowledge, seems to be weightless but still able to fall, invisible to most other people, and mostly unable to affect the physical world. Did you all have a similar dream to mine, which involved a dying creature of some kind named Victory dissolving?"

Edited by ATHATH

9 hours ago, Endlessblaze said:

"I think we did. He said something about finding the other people with items right?"

Yeah, he did. I don't know what the hell is going on or where we even start.

On 7/29/2017 at 6:38 PM, Cool Girl said:

Yeah, he did. I don't know what the hell is going on or where we even start.

"Well, I think I might have an idea on how to find our item-carrying friends..."

Generic super-detective skills, goooooooo (use my skills to find the other item-carriers in an incredibly odd, lucky, leap-of-logic-filled manner)!

On 7/26/2017 at 0:09 AM, Endlessblaze said:

Eric looks blankly at Tetsu for a few seconds.

"Your not even trying to be subtle."

he sighs

"as for figments I did some research this morning. But the best I could find was an artical about hospital patients claiming to have been healed by an angelic figure"

"Well, you don't look like anyone suspicious, so I don't think it would hurt to not be subtle." Tetsu replied calmly. He then offered his hand and cheerfully said, "I'm Tetsu, by the way. What's your name?"