I did it!!

Vhandrake

Well, just for those who didn't care or didn't know, i did a run called "Pokémon-specific item run" I know, the tittle sucks, but hey, i couldn't come up with a better one, i didn't post about it cause the last runs i did had very little or no feedback at all so it didn't make sense to me to post about it...

The team was probably the worst team i've ever had, by far (Statistically speaking) but man, i think it's the run i enjoyed the most.

The team was the following:

(Rule: They can't use other item that is not the one listed here) 

Pikachu (Light Ball)

Marowak (Thick Club)

Ditto (both of it's powders)

Chansey (Lucky Punch)

Clamperl (Deep Sea Tooth)

Farfecth'd (Stick)

Just looking at that team i was like "I won't even be able to pass the 2nd gym, but i did ... And not only that, i did all 14 badges, i didn't change anyone, the 6 guys that did the first step on Reborn were the same 6 guys that concluded with E16 succesfully... It had so much intense moments that pointing all of them out would take a while... But luck, perfect timings, criticals, 1hp... All of that was there, and i was about to give up a couple of times (Against Serra, against Doctor Sigmund, and even against Adrienn just now) but we managed to made it out alive, i've pushed this team to the limits and it's paying off... And i'm so glad i tried this imposible thing (at least for someone with my abilities as a trainer/player).. I had the time of my life doing this.

Also a quick thank you to @Jess, @Satoshi, @HongaarseBeer, @SomeWeeb and everyone who gave me advice when i needed it, you helped me win this too. thanks alot.

I know this probably seems a bit stupid, i'm acting like i won an Oscar or something, but idk, i feel like a rookie player, so finishing a game as difficult as Reborn with this team makes me happy.

Thank you for reading, have a good one. 

Congratulations!

2 minutes ago, Vhandrake said:

I know this probably seems a bit stupid, i'm acting like i won an Oscar or something, but idk, i feel like a rookie player, so finishing a game as difficult as Reborn with this team makes me happy.

Nah, don't think like that, this is definitely an accomplishment worth merit :D

3 minutes ago, Tacuara said:

Impressive, congratulations.

So... when will you beat Reborn with 6 Magikarps?

he will once I breed some new ones and he suplies enough payment

7 minutes ago, Tacuara said:

Impressive, congratulations.

So... when will you beat Reborn with 6 Magikarps?

3 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

he will once I breed some new ones and he suplies enough payment

Thank you! And 6 Magikarps? Well... I should check the movepool, and ofc i would use any item i want (AKA Focus Sash x6 probably) otherwise i think i couldn't even beat Fern at the very first encounter xD 

Edit: @HongaarseBeer thanks alot!! 

Edited by Vhandrake

50 minutes ago, Jess said:

Congrats! @Vhandrake I am glad you made it and even more glad cause you had fun doing it!

Give us a screenshot of what your team looks like now :) 

2 hours ago, rayyan said:

great work buddy. This is definitely an accomplishment and don't think you're being stupid because with this kind of team beating reborn isn't easy. Wish you the best of luck

6 hours ago, Cataline said:

This is hardcore. Heh, I bet those gym leaders slept on that clamperl and if I learned anything  recently, it's that you don't fuckimg sleep on Deepseatooth Clamperl.

7 hours ago, Damien said:

THIS is what I mean when if you have a team that can push back you can win all battles! You DESERVE that credit I didn't even THINK a team like that would even pass Corey's Crobat!

7 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Congratulations!!!

You really deserve huge applause for this accomplisment buddy. :D 

Would like to see some more challenging runs like this from you :) 

Thank you all! Sorry i didn't reply i was at university  i really appreciate the kind words, as for new challenges, next week i'm starting my winter holydays.. So i may come up with something, not sure what, but i'll have to think about it! xD 

A couple of screenshots here to show the team and the badges

Reborn1.png

Reborn2.png

Reborn3.png

14 hours ago, Satoshi said:

You completed it really fast!!

I mean thats way too fast :o... 11hr??

I would have reached only the 3rd or 4th gym by that time 

Well, i skip most of the conversations and i got in fast mode all the time, (Mainly cause i already know all the dialogues) xD