Gym Leaders

W4RR3N87

9 minutes ago, ZAYNNE87 said:

What should be the most sensible team to go on with in Pokemon rejuvenation 

As a beginner I would like to prepare and hope for the best...

It depends... You could make any pokemon work depending on the gym. However, I'd like to suggest Simple Swoobat for potential Calm Mind sweeps, Garbodor for Toxic Spikes and Toxic, the Growlithe from Gearen to convert into a Arcanine later, and of course, the Mystery Egg mon which you can obtain after the 4th gym.

10 minutes ago, Monsieur Divergent said:

It depends... You could make any pokemon work depending on the gym. However, I'd like to suggest Simple Swoobat for potential Calm Mind sweeps, Garbodor for Toxic Spikes and Toxic, the Growlithe from Gearen to convert into a Arcanine later, and of course, the Mystery Egg mon which you can obtain after the 4th gym.

Where do you get a gible in the game... 

I would like to have Garcy along with me for its Power Spin Attacks

2 hours ago, ZAYNNE87 said:

Where do you get a gible in the game... 

I would like to have Garcy along with me for its Power Spin Attacks

You can't get Gible yet. Although, you CAN get a Beldum through means I can't explain because spoilers for you. And it's at the end of V9 anyway.

Just now, Sceptilespy said:

You can't get Gible yet. Although, you CAN get a Beldum through means I can't explain because spoilers for you. And it's at the end of V9 anyway.

Sure Thanks...

2 hours ago, ZAYNNE87 said:

Sure Thanks...

Lol, anyways, your team will probably change up a lot during the course of the game due to Gym Leaders. So just pick what you believe is a solid starter. (Blaziken, Greninja, and Primarina are basically objectively the best if that's what you're looking for.) And go from there. 

Just now, Sceptilespy said:

Lol, anyways, your team will probably change up a lot during the course of the game due to Gym Leaders. So just pick what you believe is a solid starter. (Blaziken, Greninja, and Primarina are basically objectively the best if that's what you're looking for.) And go from there. 

Yeah I love Greninja that is what I took as my starter in reborn as well as rejuvenation

so not a problem about that got the starter sorted as always...

it's the team that creates problems!!!

but surpassing it is what matters

Swoobat is probably the best for the early game, as long as you have Simple on it. Also, if you get a sturdy mon, that can work wonders. I personally like Golem the best for that, because it not only gets Sturdy, but also Stealth Rock.

53 minutes ago, Sceptilespy said:

(Blaziken, Greninja, and Primarina are basically objectively the best if that's what you're looking for.)

Primarina is the only Gen 7 starter I haven't used yet. I'm curious to know why you think it's one of the best?

On topic, I'd like to suggest Rockruff and evolve it during the day, it's a pretty fast and hard-hitting mon, and learns Stealth Rock, Stone Edge and Accelrock, a Rock Priority move which can be pretty useful to set up and clean lategame.

Edited by RedAlert

3 hours ago, RedAlert said:

Primarina is the only Gen 7 starter I haven't used yet. I'm curious to know why you think it's one of the best?

On topic, I'd like to suggest Rockruff and evolve it during the day, it's a pretty fast and hard-hitting mon, and learns Stealth Rock, Stone Edge and Accelrock, a Rock Priority move which can be pretty useful to set up and clean lategame.

Primarna's special attack is really useful as it grabs a LOT of ko's. It gets Misty terrain to boost it's fairy moves. It's movepool is amazing. The most notable moves being, energy ball and psychic, which covers a HUGE chunk of the type chart along with Primarina's two stabs. It also has very nice special bulk. It's harder to put into words then I expected, but I have about 10 different saves of Rejuv over the years, and I've used most of the starters (Event starters, combined with ones you get at lab). And I can say that Primarina is definitely one of the best. The only reason it's not the best is because Blaziken and Greninja get broken abilities. (Speed boost and Life Orb.)

11 minutes ago, Sceptilespy said:

Primarna's special attack is really useful as it grabs a LOT of ko's. It gets Misty terrain to boost it's fairy moves. It's movepool is amazing. The most notable moves being, energy ball and psychic, which covers a HUGE chunk of the type chart along with Primarina's two stabs. It also has very nice special bulk. It's harder to put into words then I expected, but I have about 10 different saves of Rejuv over the years, and I've used most of the starters (Event starters, combined with ones you get at lab). And I can say that Primarina is definitely one of the best. The only reason it's not the best is because Blaziken and Greninja get broken abilities. (Speed boost and Life Orb.)

Interesting. What I really gave me the "meh" vibe about Primarina was its Liquid Voice ability, which didn't seem like anything special considering that it already had access to Hydro Pump. Boomburst on Primarina would have made him a better choice.

Blaziken is also an excellent choice for starter, should it have Speed Boost.

Also Alolan Muk was a pleasant suprise for my V9 run. You can get it early as a shadow pokemon and though it evolves a bit late (38) it boasts great attack and special defence while it also gets some sweet moves to deal with a lot of annoying threats (Knock Off is its specialty).

8 hours ago, Sceptilespy said:

Unfortunately Misty Terrain doesn't boost Fairy moves, it only halves Dragon moves' power.

6 hours ago, TheWaddleDee said:

Unfortunately Misty Terrain doesn't boost Fairy moves, it only halves Dragon moves' power.

"it's fairy moves"

In Pokemon Reborn/Rejuvenation, Moonblast receives a field boost from Misty Terrain. I also said "it's fairy moves". Which means the fairy moves that it learns, the only one in the game at this moment being Moonblast. So yeah lol.