Jirachi. Needed To Be Put In Ubers Or Not?

Ringabel

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jirachi be uber?

• Yes
    • No

*Sigh* Do i have to be the one who has to do this. Let's get this over with.

Oh Jirachi why are you in over used. Serene Grace itself is fine but with a pokemom with such speed *shudders*.

It's fine on Togekiss just for Togekiss's low speed. But a pokemon who has better speed.

It's just pure evil.

Well i'm not going sit when i can take a stand.

This poll.

Will be the thing that puts Jirachi in his place.

Well that's it with the rantish part let's just move on to the point.

Jirachi is one heck of a cheap pokemon and no battle planing is needed when using him *sigh*.

I know i can't be the only one who feel's this way about Jirachi.

So guys let's join up and try to bring him down er up. Whatever.

So Ame i know your going read this so if in 1 week and if there are more yes votes then no votes.

I think Jirachi should be made uber.

Edited by rotomfan63

• Administrators

...While Inuki has a point, I'll provide some harder support.

Of course I'll see this. c: And if this really did get that many votes, then of course I would consider it. You certainly aren't the first to express this concern; I'm sure you won't be the last. Jirachi is definitely a very cheap Pokemon, although it doesn't take 'no strategy' to use. Knowing when it's appropriate to go for a flinch vs paralysis, when to recover, when to switch in... It's not an auto-win Pokemon; it's just annoying. Moreover its flinch mechanic does have some weak points in the form of hyper-offense, resisting types, and priority moves.

Some examples of Pokemon that make good counters/checks to Jirachi might be Chandelure, Heatran, Blaziken, Excadrill, Gliscor, Breloom, Prankster Pokemon, Swift Swimmers that resist electric attacks, Dugtrio, Sandslash, Zapdos, Thundurus, Other fast pokemon with Volt Absorb/Lightning rod, Darmanitan, and probably plenty more because these are just things off the top of my head. Note a number of these are even in the BL tier or lower.

Jirachi can be very challenging, and even infuriating to play against when used well, but I don't think there's any need to ban it.

This is the wrong place for this kind of thread <<

You've failed to put forth any argument other than "It's fast and has Serene Grace"...

This is pretty disorganized... not sure where to start or what to touch on, because the OP was thrown together kind of haphazardly ><

I personally hate fighting Jirachi, but not because of Serene Grace so much as it's versatility while being relatively tanky.

Not deserving of ubers though.

Most things who can deal with Jirachi have more speed than it does. It's like Darius and LoL - It's strong and can be annoying, but it can be effectively countered without much effort.

Its speed is actually pretty lackluster and is outsped by enough. It can't be both adamant and jolly (or their special counterparts) so if you increase its speed, its luck won't hold through most often. If you mean its speed with scarf, then yes... it is like most scarf pokemon but don't forget it is locked into a move. Other counters include most steel types, most water types, most fire types etc.

The most dangerous thing in my opinion is its versatility in that you don't know its set when it comes out but there are a good amount of pokemon that can accomplish that

If you look closely, you'll see that Jirachi is easily counterable. The fact that you're falling for the Parahax stuff is just not meaning that it should be OP and slapped in the Ubers category.

I don't want to sound mean, but it's not the Pokemon, it's your incapability to handle it.

Jirachi is the Pokemon I hate the most, when it uses the generic "flinch hax" set, but I don't want it in ubers. And I've seen the generic "rain thunder, water pulse" set more than the flinch one lately. Except for a scarfed flincher. I really DO hate it, but I don't think its ubers material.

Jirachi is easily countered. Nearly 80% of OU can counter it, whether it's through Hidden Power, or through Ground/Fire/Fighting, or using Ferrowaller.

Even most pokemon in UU/LU, even a few LU pokemon can counter it, if used right,