Bzzzt! An Electric Mono

Revan

Bzzzt! An Electric Mono, Episode One: A Shocking Start!

Hello hello! It's Revan here, with another run! Many of you know me from Gnarly! A Poison Mono. Many of you have the fortune to not know me at all! Well, that's about to change! Because I'm here to shock you, rock you, and leave you wanting more! It's electric, baby~!

Now, without further ado, we start the game!

First thing is first. We're gonna need a character. We go withCharRevan.png.thumb.png.0e0217eefa392ad81d2846e19d4ced58.png

And we name them Revan. Again. 

After that, we get some more introduction, then we hear a sound. And I don't think it's a very good one.

Turns out I was right. The train station was blown up.

I almost DIED. And now, we meet Julia (who I hate, if you all remember.)

She greets us with her obnoxious double greeting, and gets blamed for blowing up the station. She denies it, and Ame, the woman we met at the beginning, goes off to catch the culprit. And we're left to wander. Fortunately, Ame has an acquaintance waiting to meet with us! On our way to the Grand Hall, we get a potion from some blue-haired chick. That's like, 20 points of pure goodness and love.

After that, we meet with the acquaintance, Victoria, and we enter the Grand Hall, where we get to pick a starter. Our starter will be Elekid, who I modded in. I name him Thor.Thor1.thumb.png.b5a2e2f50fc05cf7a12c65fc029d043a.png

As you can see, Thor has some meh IVs, but he'll be a good Pokemon. Now, onward! We set out into the world!

But, before we can do that, we meet our first rival, Cain. He hits on us for a bit, then challenges us to a fight. The fight goes as follows~

Cain sends out Nidoran M, I send out Thor. Thor hits Nidoran with the Thundershock, and Nidoran uses scratch. It's a crit! It brings Thor to half health, but static kicks in, paralyzing Nidoran! The next turn is just Thor taking Nidoran out with a Thundershock.

Our first fight went smoothly. It's time to heal Thor up, and take on our next challenge; Victoria and her war pig!

Thor uses thundershock, bringing Tepig to about 1/3 of its health. Tepig uses tackle again, but static kicks in! It paralyzes Victoria's Tepig. The next two turns, only Thor can move, and he finishes off Tepig. 

We get 5 Pokeballs, running shoes, a Pokegear, and a Pokedex! And now, we set off!

Next time, expect the team to be a little stronger! I'm gonna do some grinding! Thanks for reading, everyone~!

7 minutes ago, The Athenaeum Keeper said:

Ayyy, a fellow monorunner! I just started my Bug run yesterday if you wanna maybe check it out perhaps idk you do you

I certainly will. 

11 minutes ago, LykosHand said:

Oh yeah a Electric Run :), this is time i will see your Run until the end ;)

I have to say the start was very lucky and unlucky too :) 

Thanks for seeing it through. I'll try to make this a good one~

5 minutes ago, Jess said:

@Revan Good luck with this one :) 

I was enjoying your Poison run, I'll enjoy this one too! The inherent edginess in your writing style is something I love.

Thanks~!

And, fear not. Gnarly! A Poison Mono isn't dead forever. It'll be back sometime.

9 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

WOW!! doing both at the same time!
I have only one advice for you....Just be careful and don't overwrite one of your savefiles :P 
Jokes Apart! Have fun and let others have fun also. Good luck :) 

Thanks~!

Bzzzt! An Electric Mono, Episode 2: Shock n' Roll, Baby!

The team so far-

Elekid / "Thor", Level 8

elekid.gif

Moves: Thundershock, Low Sweep, Leer, Quick Attack

Ability: Static

Our character is Revan, and they are the blonde non-binary character.

Our pocket change is $3,399

The mods we have installed are: The TMX mod, the no-TM animation mod, and the Pick your Starter mod, all by Waynolt.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

So, obviously I killed a few things in the grass outside of the Grand Hall, and that's about all I've done since we left off.

That said, welcome! It's time to continue this fly-diggity run!

First thing we see when we try to move on is some lady trying to reason with her Snubbull, who refuses to behave. She tells us about the Reborn level cap, then chases after her Pokemon. We catch a Rattata, and wondertrade it. Unfortunately, all we get is a Nincada, whom I decide to offer for trade. Someone's got to take it, right? We also catch an Ekans, also for trade, and hit the forums!

And, it worked! Thanks to the donations of: @Paul25, @StarryDreamerKitten, and @Zarc, we now have the following:
Emolga, Pachirisu, Chinchou, Rotom, Shinx and Mareep! Thanks again, fellas!

Now, we travel across the town to nickname these dudes.

But first, the current team-

Thor, Pachirisu, Emolga, Rotom, Shinx, and Mareep. 

After blazing our way through some trainers, we reach the name rater's house. The names are as follows:

Thundercat the Shinx, Pat the Pachirisu, Zeus the Emolga, RotattoChip the Rotom, and Martine the Mareep.

We meet a few colorful characters in Reborn, make some mad money, and go to Julia's gym. Unfortunately, it is closed. Onward, we must go! 

We then leave to grind up the team to level 10, all the way across the board! 

Sorry for the short episode, and believe me, I wish it could be longer. But, I gotta go take a quick snooze. I can barely keep my eyes open. But,the next one will include Fern, the Meteors AND Julia. And, it should be up soon~! So, worry not. 

Bzzzt! An Electric Mono, Episode 3: Ya Gotta be Elekiddin' Me!

The team so far-

Elekid / "Thor" Level 12

elekid.gif

Moves: ThunderShock, Quick Attack, Swift, Low Kick

Item: N/A

Rotom / "RotattoChip" Level 11

rotom.gif

Moves: Thunder Wave, Confuse Ray, Thundershock, Uproar

Ability: Levitate

Pachirisu / "Pat" Level 10

pachirisu.gif

Moves: Bide, Quick Attack, Charm, Growl

Ability: Volt Absorb

Emolga / "Zeus" Level 10

emolga.gif

Moves: Thundershock, Roost, Quick Attack, Charge

Ability: Motor Drive

Shinx / "Thunder Cat" Level 10

shinx.gif

Moves: Tackle, Spark, Bite, Charge

Ability: Guts

Mareep / "Martine" Level 10

mareep.gif

Moves: Thundershock, Growl, Agility, Electric Terrain

Our character is Revan, the blonde non-binary character.

Pocket Change: $3,119

------------------------------------------------

So, this episode starts with us right by the factory where we meet Fern, the world's biggest jackass. 

After one very laggy battle, we watch that little shit walk away. He makes me want to hit things, particularly his smug-ass face. His sister, Florinia, makes me want to hit something else. wink wink

We heal up the team and do a bit of grinding, making sure they become even stronger for the factory. Thor learns Shockwave, and Zeus learns Spark. TeamUpdate1.thumb.png.32576f7aa809f551a961cc67c95bde6b.png

After that, we head back to Julia's gym, where we are invited to the other factory by Julia herself, and watch he blow the door open. Then, we hear the voice of an angel. And Fern's. But we weren't listening to him. Instead, our eyes are on Florinia. Our green-haired Goddess has arrived. 

The factory itself is pretty straight-forward. What's notable is that before we split up, Florinia tells us to proceed with caution! She does care.

Anyway, Julia blows stuff up, Fern's a jackass, and Florinia? Well, she just stands there being perfect, as she tends to do. 

In the next room, we meet Aster and Eclipse, who challenge us to a fight. And not just any fight. One of them has an Elekid. It's a full-on Elekid brawl!

After the fight between me, Aster and Eclipse (Fern was UTTERLY WORTHLESS), Julia blows up the facility, and we go to grind, preparing to deal with her this time. While grinding:

-Thunder Cat evolves into a Luxray

-Martine evolves into a Flaafy.

I'll see you next episode! (In a few hours, because I'm gonna relax a bit.) As always, thanks for watching. 

3 hours ago, LykosHand said:

Many cheers for you, you are doing a nice job :D. I will ask you if you will learn at your Emolga double team.

I doubt it. Evasion is good and all, but I personally don't think double team is worth a move slot.

And thank you~ :D

Bzzzt! An Electric Mono, Episode 4: A RotattoChip Off the Old Block

Before we get into anything, let me just say-

OH SWEET JESUS I WAS EXPECTING A DIFFICULT FIGHT, BUT NO. MY BOYS GOT MY BACK!

Now, here we go. The team so far-

Elekid / "Thor" Level 18

elekid.gif

Moves: Shock Wave, Quick Attack, Low Kick, Swift

Rotom / "RotattoChip" Level 18

rotom.gif

Moves: Thundershock, Uproar, Confuse Ray, Thunder Wave

Ability: God Mode  Levitate

Luxio / "Thunder Cat" Level 16

luxio.gif

Moves: Spark, Bite, Tackle, Charge

Ability: Guts

Emolga / "Zeus" Level 16

emolga.gif

Moves: Thundershock, Roost, Spark, Charge

Ability: Motor Drive

Flaaffy / "Martine" Level 15

flaaffy.gif

Moves: Thundershock, Electric Terrain, Growl, Agility

Pachirisu / "Pat"

pachirisu.gif

Moves: Bide, Growl, Quick Attack, Spark

Ability: Volt Absorb

Our trainer is Revan, the blonde non-binary character

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The battle with Julia went better than planned. 

We earn our Volt Badge, and Charge Beam, which we teach Martine and RotattoChip, in exchange for their thundershocks.

Now, we exit the gym, just to have Victoria block our path. She tells us about evil, deadly, sickening, nasty, gnarly, violent vegetables from hell attacking people in the Obsidia Ward. We now rush off to rescue them. 

After some grinding. 

And now, off we trudge. To OBSIDIA, AND BEYOND! We're ready to take on anything, or anyone, who gets in our way. Even malignant, over-stimulated floral life.

And, to nobody's great surprise, Victoria stands between us and the slums. I get that she's just trying to protect us, but all there is to "fear" there are a couple of Scraggalicious mons, and some junkies. So, we'll clean her clock. 

After RAVAGING Victoria in combat, we head into the ghetto, where we will fight Scraggies, Scrafties, and worst of all? The Hoppip army on our way there. 

Seriously. You have to dodge and weave through like, 20 of them. 

That's it for this episode, folks! Stay tuned, as next time we're gonna beat up Cain, and save our sweet Florinia from an angry plant monster.

53 minutes ago, rayyan said:

Rotom is a god though it's a bit unfair. You destroyed every one of Julia's Pokemon with uproar

Lmao, yeah. He's kinda on the sidelines for now.