Monotype run suggestions?

Seal

Monotype run suggestions?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. I'm gonna do a monotype run in Reborn, which one should I pick that isn't too hard at the beginning?

• Bug
    • Dark
    • Dragon
    • Electric
    • Fairy
    • Fighting
    • Fire
    • Flying
    • Ghost
    • Grass
    • Ground
    • Ice
    • Normal
    • Poison
    • Psychic
    • Rock
    • Steel
    • Water

@Seal I've never seen a Rock one... And has good coverage with all the Fossil pokemon. Start will be a bit tough though...

The smoothsailing early is probably Fire. Kicks Fern and Florinia's ass and is neutral vs Julia. Super effective with PULSE Tangrowths and gets boost from Corey's corrosive mist field. Also destroy Shelly, if you prevent her from Rain Dancing.

But the ones that are harder at first become easier late game.

@soo3e Many people have completed successfully monoruns of Pokemon Reborn, so it is definitely possible! I'd not say that it's easy though...

Edited by Jess

Yeah well i thought it would be hard since ive struggled a lot and had to level so many pokemons that i never thought of use just to beat the game ( i have finished it and waiting for ep 17 :(:( ) and now im just trying to complete what i can of the pokedex 

2 minutes ago, soo3e said:

Yeah well i thought it would be hard since ive struggled a lot and had to level so many pokemons that i never thought of use just to beat the game ( i have finished it and waiting for ep 17 :(:( ) and now im just trying to complete what i can of the pokedex 

Yes, depending on the type of monorun, you'll face hell vs different leaders. You can delay hell, but can't avoid it xD

I am doing a fighting one, the first gym you can beat it with one pokemon (I had to use common candy and healing items to beat julia, but everything you get in game)
Florina isnt hard, but from there is almost hell (or I am really bad at this)

I am curentlytraining to beat the double battles, and I am just thinking that after that I have to beat ciel and adrien...

5 minutes ago, Seal said:

Thanks for your votes, fire type it is! I think I'm going to pick Tepig.

Torchik is the best choice. Speed Boost Blaziken is too good (game breaking at points).

The only Fire starter I've used was a Chimchar. Also very good. I'd say Infernape outclasses Emboar as a Fire/Fighting type. Better coverage, can be mixed attacker (special+physical) and much faster. Plus, Mach Punch is good to have, cause gotta love priority moves!

Cyndaquil is best for brute force Eruptions and Nature Power coverage.

I personally don't like Emboar's design though, so don't let me affect you! 

Pick what suits you best and good luck ;) 

34 minutes ago, Anti_Hero said:

I am doing a fighting one, the first gym you can beat it with one pokemon (I had to use common candy and healing items to beat julia, but everything you get in game)
Florina isnt hard, but from there is almost hell (or I am really bad at this)

I am curentlytraining to beat the double battles, and I am just thinking that after that I have to beat ciel and adrien...

which mons are you using?

i did a fighting monorun and i cant remember having much trouble (then again i traded my mons at the very start and they were ev trained....)

my dd/moxie scrafty won a lot of battles even carried me through ciel (moxie heracross also put in a lot of work for me)

well I wanted a real challenge, so I only use the pokemons I got without EV training, so it is harder. I have some fighting types with egg moves, ev trained and perfect ivs in my box. I dont use those pokemon.

So basically my main team is infernape, gallade (this one is ev trained), hariyama, (the rest is rotation, but I mostly use heracross, poliwrath, chessnaught, mienshao)

And I am training a special lucario, (its on level 32 or something like that right now)

On my normal run I had a 5IV srafty with dd, he beat 4 and put a dent on a 5th of ciels pokemon, so yeah fighting are really strong, but you have to ev train and use egg moves/tms

Edited by Anti_Hero