How can I change my trainer sprite back to what it was previously?

I don't really think that the part of the game I'm up to is relevant, so in order to avoid spoilers for others, I won't mention it. However, what does need to be mentioned is the fact that at the beginning of the game, I chose the dark skinned, black sweater and red shirt wearing male character. However, during a certain part of the game, I was required to play as a different character for a while. After I completed this section, I regained control of "my character", but he had the sprite of the light skinned male trainer with green shoes, a grey sweater and a hat. This kind of ruins the "immersion" for me and bothers me way more than it should, but I can't help it! Does anyone know how I can change my trainer's sprite back to the dark skinned male trainer?

The easy way to change player sprites to anything you want is go to graphics>characters> change the boy/boy 2 sprites, but that's a graphical fix and not an actual bug fix. Pretty sure it's just the game is assigning the default character to player character and not whatever you had before. I haven't played up to that point yet so I don't really know (and also I'm using the default female sprite), but it doesn't seem like a hard bug fix. 

28 minutes ago, grasssnake485 said:

The easy way to change player sprites to anything you want is go to graphics>characters> change the boy/boy 2 sprites, but that's a graphical fix and not an actual bug fix. Pretty sure it's just the game is assigning the default character to player character and not whatever you had before. I haven't played up to that point yet so I don't really know (and also I'm using the default female sprite), but it doesn't seem like a hard bug fix. 

Would you happen to know what the walking sprite for the dark skinned trainer is called in the folder? I easily found the running sprites, but for some reason the walking sprites elude me. Also, I followed your advice and switched the names of the running sprites for the male trainers, but now whenever I run, my trainer's sprite changes back to the dark skinned male trainer, but when I walk, he remains as the light skinned male trainer.

Edited by ProtoflareX

No clue, sorry. Searched for it and he only seems to have running sprites. Could be that the sprites are named something other than the general naming convention and placed in some other folder, but they should still be there and manipulatable. 

//also by digging in the graphics folder I may have spoiled myself a lot

4 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I just checked the characters folder for Rejuvenation, and his walking sprite sheet seems to be trchar004.

Eating breakfast at the moment, so I'll check that out and try and fiddle with it afterwards. In the meantime, I noticed that the sprite model for my trainer card was that of the light skinned boy as well. Do you know where I go to switch the filenames around for that?

• Global Mods
4 minutes ago, ProtoflareX said:

Eating breakfast at the moment, so I'll check that out and try and fiddle with it afterwards. In the meantime, I noticed that the sprite model for my trainer card was that of the light skinned boy as well. Do you know where I go to switch the filenames around for that?

Normally when switching player characters, the trainer card graphic should switch along with the other sprites. However in this case where you were switched due to a glitch (rhyme intended), I'm not sure whether it'll change back itself or if you'll have to do it manually. 

If it doesn't change, Axel's (name of dark-skinned male) trainer sprite is trainer004. 

20 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Normally when switching player characters, the trainer card graphic should switch along with the other sprites. However in this case where you were switched due to a glitch (rhyme intended), I'm not sure if whether it'll change back itself or if you'll have to do it manually. 

If it doesn't change, Axel's (name of dark-skinned male) trainer sprite is trainer004. 

Successfully changed the walking sprite back with your advice. That didn't change his trainer card portrait automatically, but I successfully changed that back too with the info you provided in the quoted post. Thanks a bunch, that sudden "character change" was bothering me far more than it should have...

Edited by ProtoflareX

• 1 month later...

Hi anyone who reads this, I am new to this website (just joined today), but I am having a similar problem. I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but during a certain "snowy" (avoiding spoilers) part of the game, my character, brown skinned boy, turned into the little girl from the sewer mansion. I tried removing and changing the names of sprites, but nothing worked. During one of the cut scenes, my character returned to normal, but then changed back to her. If anyone can help, please do, thank you in advance.

Edited by Shabaka
I figured out my problem, so nobody has to answer my question.

• 1 month later...
On 8/3/2017 at 3:50 PM, Shabaka said:

Hi anyone who reads this, I am new to this website (just joined today), but I am having a similar problem. I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but during a certain "snowy" (avoiding spoilers) part of the game, my character, brown skinned boy, turned into the little girl from the sewer mansion. I tried removing and changing the names of sprites, but nothing worked. During one of the cut scenes, my character returned to normal, but then changed back to her. If anyone can help, please do, thank you in advance.

How did you fix it? I'm having the same problem too.

41 minutes ago, Stronger93 said:

How did you fix it? I'm having the same problem too.

If it's not changing back despite switching the graphics, you can put your save file up on the Save File Troubleshooting. Or if you have RPGMaker, you can edit it personally.

I might be able to fix it too if you give me your save file, but I'm a far cry from any expert in this stuff :P

10 minutes ago, Nyarth said:

If it's not changing back despite switching the graphics, you can put your save file up on the Save File Troubleshooting. Or if you have RPGMaker, you can edit it personally.

I might be able to fix it too if you give me your save file, but I'm a far cry from any expert in this stuff :P

if you can fix it that'll be a miracle

Game.rxdata

Can someone help me with this also! I turned into the girl from the mansion. I used to be the dark skin male trainer. I'm not good with any of this fixing tech stuff. The most I'm able to do is download a file and send one :( 

15 hours ago, Zcruz723 said:

Can someone help me with this also! I turned into the girl from the mansion. I used to be the dark skin male trainer. I'm not good with any of this fixing tech stuff. The most I'm able to do is download a file and send one :( 

I can fix it as well, or you can post it over on the Save File Troubleshoot. You have to send the game.rxdata file, which is located in Saved Games>>Pokemon Rejuvenation.

20 hours ago, Nyarth said:

I can fix it as well, or you can post it over on the Save File Troubleshoot. You have to send the game.rxdata file, which is located in Saved Games>>Pokemon Rejuvenation.

Okay thank you I'll look for it right now! Thanks for saying where's it's located :) 

57 minutes ago, Nyarth said:

Okay, yours was being a bit funky since different screen settings, but I think it's good now. If there are any more issues, you should put them up for save file troubleshoot.

Game.rxdata

Omg sorry for the trouble but thank you so much my sprite is back I am so happy for your help! Thank you!!