Puppet master difficulty.

Sceptilespy

So if you're new. There will be spoilers. Obviously.

Spoiler

So I've been pretty vocal about the difficulty of the "Leaders" Neon and Magenta. So I thought, "It's clearly getting harder to make the Gym battles hard, but I can still try." Something like that. But before we do that, let's examine the Psychic terrain:

Spoiler

* Priority attacks fail on grounded Pokemon
* Grounded Pokemon's Psychic attacks deal x1.5 increased damage
* Fairy Type attacks gain a 1.3x boost in power
* Dark Type attacks get a decrease in strength by 0.5x
* Hex, Magical Leaf, Mystical Fire, Moonblast and Aura Sphere damage increased x1.5
* Pure Power doubles Sp.Atk instead of Atk
* Anticipation boosts Sp.Atk on switch in
* Telepathy Pokemon's Speed doubles
* The effect of the following stat-altering moves is increased:
* Nasty Plot Calm Mind Comsic Power Meditate
 Kinesis
* Psych Up, Meditate, Mind Reader and Miracle Eye additionally boost Sp.Atk two stages on use
* Hypnosis' accuracy is increased to 90
* Kinesis additionally lowers its target's Attack and Sp.Atk two stages
* Telekinesis additional lowers its target's Defense and Sp.Def two stages
* Gravity, Trick Room, Magic Room and Wonder Room last 8 turns
* Shattered Psyche additionally confuses its target
* Created by Psychic Terrain, Psychic Surge and Genesis Super Nova
* Secret Power may confuse its target
* Nature Power becomes Psychic
* Camouflage becomes Psychic
* Magical Seed boosts Sp.Def and Sp.Atk and confuses the user

Cool. So now that we know what the Psychic Terrain does. Let's get to team building.

I'm going to make the battle as if it was Normal, despite me being intense because then we get an average for levels and such, and it's just easier for me OKAY!

Also remember: Magenta is offensive, and Neon is defensive. But I'm going to break that mold a little.

Also, Psyche Terror is these leader's fanmade signature move. I think it's 80 special damage and hits both. If it doesn't, and it happens to be physical for some reason, just replace it with Psychic.

Magenta's 1st mon:

Delphox (Lv 77) w/ Charcoal

Timid Nature

252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP

Mystical Fire

Psychic

Shadow ball

Hidden power grass

Neon's first mon:

Starmie (Lv 76) w/life orb

Timid nature

252 HP/252 Spe/4 SpA

Recover

Hydro pump

thunderbolt

Dazzling Gleam

Strategy here is pretty straightforward. Delphox fucks your team over with Mystical Fire because it gets the boosts. And Starmie covers for any weaknesses Delphox has with it's moveset and slight bulk via full hp investment. As well as having recover in case things go sour. Mystical Fire also gets the Charcoal boost which it's pretty good. And Starmie makes up for the 1 point increase it gets in SpA with a life orb. Which only makes Recover more useful. Also, fairy type moves get a boost, so now Dazzling Gleam murders those dark types, especially with added life orb damage.

Magenta's 2nd mon:

Bruxish (Lv 78) w/ Waterium Z

Jolly nature

Strong Jaw

252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 SpD

Psychic fangs

Waterfall

Crunch

Ice fang

Neon's 2nd mon:

Metagross (Lv 77) w/ Sitrus berry

Adamant nature

Clear Body

252 Atk/ 252 hp/ 4 SpD

Stealth rocks

Agility

Zen headbutt

Brick break/Meteor mash

Now the stragegy here is for Metagross to get it's rocks up for obvious reasons, as Bruxish destroys it's counters. (Ghost types w/ crunch, Ground types and hopefully 1 dark type with Z-waterfall). After the Metagross counters are destroyed, it uses agility and begins to sweep. As we can see, the roles are kinda switched out, as Magenta is support as Neon sets up for it's metagross to win via destroying dark types with brick break/meteor mash and field boosted Zen headbutt. Also, sitrus berry for a little bit of sustain.

Magenta's 3rd mon:

Gallade (Lv 81) w/ Galladite

Jolly Nature

Justified

252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 SpD

Psycho cut

Shadow Claw

Close combat

Thunder punch

Neon's 3rd mon:

Mr. Mime (Lv 79) w/leftovers

Bold nature

Filter

252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 spA

Follow me

Dazzling Gleam

Psyche Terror (Custom battle move)

helping hand

Now Neon truly shines in support. We have follow me on Mr. Mime to make sure Gallade can get it's kills. Helping hand to make sure Gallade can get it's kills. Dazzling Gleam to cover dark weakness, and hit both sides, also aiding Gallade in helping to kill mons. And Same goes for Psyche Terror. Filter also prevents Mr. Mime from being bopped immediately, and it's bulk is above average to help it survive neutral hits. And do I really need to explain Gallade? Ghost-Fighting coverage hits everything in the game. Psycho cut gets stab and field boosts, and tpunch is just for coverage.

Magenta's 4th mon:

Swoobat (Lv 80) w/focus sash

Timid Nature

Simple

252 SpA/252 Spe/4 SpD

Calm mind

Psyche Terror

Air Slash

Energy ball

Neon's 4th mon:

Bronzong (Lv 80) w/ light clay

Bold Nature

Levitate

252 Hp/252 SpD/4def

Reflect

Light Screen

Heavy Slam

Toxic

Oh I like this one. Bronzong sets up screens to help protect Swoobat so it can perform it's DEADLY set up. Simple is an ability that doubles the stat changing effect of any move. So, the field makes Calm mind +2 for SpA and SpD instead of +1. So NOW, when Simple Swoobat uses it, it's +4 in SpA and SpD. And Bronzong has light clay to keep screens up longer, as well as having Heavy slam for damage, and toxic for status damage.

Magenta's 5th mon:

Musharna (Lv 80) w/ Twisted spoon

Bold Nature

Synchronise

252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SpA

Baton Pass

Calm mind

Psyche Terror

Hypnosis

Neon's 5th mon:

Sigilyph (Lv 80) w/ Flame orb

Magic guard

252 SpD/252 Spe/ 4 hp

Calm nature

Dazzling Gleam

Roost

Psycho shift

Tailwind

Musharna sets up Calm minds and gets ready to pass to a mon while Sigilyph sets up the tailwind so Musharna can set up faster. Sigilyph also has the psycho shift, magic guard, flame orb set because Musharna has nothing to boost it's phys def. So it Psycho shifts it's burn to something to halve it's attack. Also, don't forget Calm mind gets a boost. musharna also has hypnosis because it's accuracy is boosted on the field and it helps it set up to baton pass. Sigilyph also has roost for sustain, and Dazzling Gleam for field boosted damage. Also, Musharna has Psyche Terror in case it needs to use it after some calm minds. Also, just in case Musharna baton passes into Gallade or some physical attacker, Sigilyph can still halve your attack and speed, so you still basically have defense and speed. So if it goes into Gallade, Sigilyph can handle it.

Magenta's 6th mon:

Espeon (Lv 80) w/ expert belt

Magic bounce

Timid Nature

252 SpA/252 Spe/ 4 spD

Psychic

Hidden power fighting

Shadow ball

Dazzling gleam

Neon's 6th mon:

Wobbufett (Lv 81) w/leftovers

Sassy nature

252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD

Shadow tag

Counter

Encore

Destiny bond

Mirror coat

In any case, you know the deal with wobbufett. And Espeon just helps clean up. If you've read my whole comment then you can deduce what these two do in a more detailed why by yourself.

Anyway, how did you guys like it? Comments, concerns, and questions are cool. Anyway, have a good day!

(I'd put Mewtwo over Espeon on intense. Be happy I don't have the skills to make a game like Rejuv..., yet.)

10 hours ago, Alex said:

What happened to the Trick Room :(

TBH if they ever set up Trick Room or any on the Screens, you were screwed on Intense LMAO. Their Pokemon would live anything you throw at it and deal massive damage to whatever.