[Interest Check] Persona RP

Pyon Pyon Kyuu!~

Would you like a persona RP?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a persona RP?

• Yeah my dude
    • Yeah my dude, but shouldn't you focus on your RP? Maybe not such a good idea.
    • Nah my dude, bad idea focus on your current RP.

So, I've had a crazy idea rattle around in my head and before I write anything down about it I would like to share it with everyone first to see if there is any interest at all. I'm not too sure on the current state of our forum which is why I'm asking. 

Shin Megami Tensei: persona is a great series, and we've never actually had an RP on it (to my knowledge anyways). Well I'd like to change that! I propose a mechanics based RP, social links and combat would be represented mechanically as well as of course with RP. Days would go by, players would decide together when to go into dungeons, combat would be turn based, and stats would exist both social and combat stats. Social links would matter to boost combat stats and just for being social links yeah know? Another detail is that the game would be limited to 4 players, at least for the start. Maybe at some point I'd start running the game with 8, having two combat encounters of 4 running at the same time. Overall I'd like to make this a unique experience, resembling the aethetics and themes of the game.  If people like the idea and would like me to go along with it there is no guarantee I'll actually do it, and if I do, do it it will be delayed until next month or later this month as I still have university to finish. But it's something I can work in the background.

So yeah, thoughts?

Yeah, I'd definitely be interested. The mechanics of the game wouldn't matter too much to me; I have a Persona-universe character I made for an RP on Bay12 that I most likely won't be getting into any time soon and I'd love to port him over.

Sure, I'll bite. A few of us had talked about the possibility of a persona RP before, but the conversation always ended with the sentiment that if someone went ahead and did it, it would definitely be a crap ton of work.

eh well, if ya decide to tackle it man, good luck. I'll certainly check it out if anything comes of this.