A Pokescrub requiring experienced aid

So. I've been enjoying Pokemon Reborn so far, enough to have gotten through quite a lot of the game, up to beating the darn PULSE Tangrowth. However, in the fight against the freak of nature I realized that my team 'may' not be up to the task of going through the rest of the game in it's current state, or at least getting past the second gym. So, I wanted to ask for some help in getting a suitable addition to my team for my rematch against Fern, as he's literally my next opponent.

Here's my current team.

Grotle: Level 24
Ability: Overgrow
Nature: Docile
Moves:
- Razor Leaf
- Tackle
- Curse
- Bite

Espurr: Level 23
Ability: Keen Eye
Nature: Calm
Moves:
- Psybeam
- Fake Out
- Disarming Voice
- Light Screen

Noibat: Level 22
Ability: Telepathy
Nature: Quircky
Moves
- Gust
- Screech
- Bite
- Leech Life

I do have an ability capsule on hand that I haven't used yet, mostly because I was unsure who to use it on. My original plans for my team was to add a Tynamo (who I haven't managed to get yet due to no thunderstorms coming around for awhile now), and an Aron (or it's evolutions) for another physical attacker.

Overall though, does my team seem to have a chance against Fern or Florina? If not, what Pokemon should I get to give me a better chance at taking them on?

Thank you for any assistance.

Well, having a full team will definitely help. Fern is a pain in the ass...in all sense of the word. Aron is great but you can't catch him till later. I can't remember where I got Tynamo but it is always raining/storming in my game...so I can grab you one I am sure, or breed one.

I had decent luck with Jigglypuff and Pancham doing a lot of work along with Noibat. I had ekans/arbok early on too but they leveled off kinda fast. Also...swalot is a great early game tank. I just love the weird ass thing..thanks TFS. XD

Edited by Alphagar

there's no reall need to ask for help in thsi stage yet, my tip would be a flying type and Hariyama tho, since flying helps alot against flobot and fern where Hariyama is just great overall for reborn

In my opinion a full team is a must, Noibat won't help you alot since he will evolve in 48 if i'm not wrong, on the road you'll get better pokémons, grass and water starters have it tough in early game...

So, if i were you, i would get a full team, and i would get all the event pokémons in Reborn, those are alot and some of them will be very useful to you.