dungeons and dragons roll play

Jace Stormkirk

On 6/1/2017 at 0:01 PM, Megagun said:

I wander towards the tavern, listening to all that is being said. 

as you listen you can clearly hear that the citizens worried that the increase in goblin sighting is a result in a war band forming

On 6/1/2017 at 10:16 PM, Another Retired Shipper said:

I wander off towards the bar and have a cup of root beer

you pay for the drink (-2cp) and get a little buzzed as you were not this to be expecting it to be that potent and drank it too fast

On 6/1/2017 at 8:13 PM, DreamblitzX said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Should we agree to use spoilers for OoC conversation and comments like this?

since you have yet to state anything yet your character is still travelling towards this town

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is now evening and as everyone is going home an alarm is sounded. you hear the screams of the citizenry as they try to take shelter inside of a building you also here a cry for all able bodys to help with the defense of the town. what do you do?

On 6/4/2017 at 1:00 AM, Neo said:

If you ever get this going on Roll20 let me know. I'm down to play!

i have never heard of it can, you elaborate on what it is? 

On 6/3/2017 at 9:06 PM, DreamblitzX said:

As I hear the alarm in the distance, I hasten my travel towards the town.

as soon as the town comes into view you see that it is being attacked by a very large number of goblins. but it seems that the town was prepared for it and is holding off the attack for now

On 6/3/2017 at 9:42 PM, Another Retired Shipper said:

i take my sword and shield and prepare myself for battle

with your senses coming into focus you head towards the sound of the crier for all fighter to join.

On 6/4/2017 at 9:03 AM, Megagun said:

I run through the town towards the sound of the alarm, mimicking it perfectly so as to make sure everyone here's it.

(hear) your call seems to help find more able fighters and they run with you to help the city

• Global Mods

I keep a low profile to minimize the already small chance of being spotted in the distance, and continue to make my way towards the town, more slowly and cautiously, surveying for a way to enter the town undetected by the golbins.

On 6/4/2017 at 9:45 AM, DreamblitzX said:

I keep a low profile to minimize the already small chance of being spotted in the distance, and continue to make my way towards the town, more slowly and cautiously, surveying for a way to enter the town undetected by the golbins.

as you examine from a distance you can easily tell that the town is built right upon the lake but the goblins are not attacking by sea and the lake is huge so you could get there by sea undetected

On 6/4/2017 at 9:49 AM, Megagun said:

As I reach the gate where the fighting has occurred, I stand by and allow the more able-bodied individuals to do the fighting as I take note and listen for anything the goblins are saying.

all you here is goblin jiberish

On 6/3/2017 at 9:42 PM, Another Retired Shipper said:

i take my sword and shield and prepare myself for battle

as you find your way to the front gate you notice some kind of raven person listening to the goblins, but you get noticed by a guard capt. who yells at you to receive orders

Mimicking the voice of a nearby guard captain of the archers, I say to the adventurer who has readied his sword and shield "men, use your shields to cover the archers! Archers, keep the sniveling goblin scum off the wall!" as I pull out my crossbow, and take aim over the wall right next to the adventurer (Another Retired Shipper).

• Global Mods

I search the shores of the lake for some sort of boat or other way to cross, as it is likely too far for me to swim. I also keep an eye out for flat pieces of wood or other things that could be makeshift barriers against arrows for if I'm spotted while crossing.

On 6/5/2017 at 3:52 PM, Megagun said:

Mimicking the voice of a nearby guard captain of the archers, I say to the adventurer who has readied his sword and shield "men, use your shields to cover the archers! Archers, keep the sniveling goblin scum off the wall!" as I pull out my crossbow, and take aim over the wall right next to the adventurer (Another Retired Shipper).

you shoot a goblin right in the eye killing it in one shot 

On 6/5/2017 at 8:15 PM, Another Retired Shipper said:

I do as i was told and raise my shield to protect tthe nearby Archers

as soon as you see the weird raven-like-thing fire it's crossbow and start reloading you bring up your shield to cover it

On 6/5/2017 at 8:45 PM, DreamblitzX said:

I search the shores of the lake for some sort of boat or other way to cross, as it is likely too far for me to swim. I also keep an eye out for flat pieces of wood or other things that could be makeshift barriers against arrows for if I'm spotted while crossing.

as you scavenge around in the forest you (somehow) manage to find an abandoned wagon and pry off some planks and bind them together (ac +1)

• Global Mods

I check to see if the wagon will float and not take on water, and if it can do that, I use it as a makeshift boat to cross the lake, covering myself with the extra planks and using mage hand to gently push myself across the waters surface

On 6/6/2017 at 0:36 PM, Megagun said:

I continue to take cover and blasting the enemies with Eldritch Blast, spreading the pain around to each closest enemy, mimicking the sound of the alarm bell with each felled foul goblin.

you hit another one but it lives and you bring more attention to yourself

On 6/6/2017 at 8:49 PM, DreamblitzX said:

I check to see if the wagon will float and not take on water, and if it can do that, I use it as a makeshift boat to cross the lake, covering myself with the extra planks and using mage hand to gently push myself across the waters surface

it floats....but you will get wet but it will not sink.... and as you use your mage hand you realize that it does not work because in order to move the raft that way it needs to be connected to the raft in order for it to move

On 6/5/2017 at 8:15 PM, Another Retired Shipper said:

I do as i was told and raise my shield to protect tthe nearby Archers

you "archer" is now shooting strangely colored purple lightning from his hand and making a large amount of racket causing more goblins to aim towards you two

I take cover behind the wall and shield, preparing a larger blast, ensuring the hit should land solid on the next goblin as I smile at the shield wielder and fire my Eldritch energy (taking two turns as necessary to true strike and Eldritch Blast)

• Global Mods
12 hours ago, Jace Stormkirk said:

it floats....but you will get wet but it will not sink.... and as you use your mage hand you realize that it does not work because in order to move the raft that way it needs to be connected to the raft in order for it to move

(not exactly sure why the mage hand doesn't work, but ok)

I'll instead use one of the boards as a paddle

On 6/7/2017 at 11:03 PM, DreamblitzX said:

(not exactly sure why the mage hand doesn't work, but ok)

I'll instead use one of the boards as a paddle

the mage hand does not work because it will have the same effect if you were off the raft and pushed water away trying to move the boat the other way... nothing would happen. but the paddle works just fine

On 6/7/2017 at 8:34 PM, Megagun said:

I take cover behind the wall and shield, preparing a larger blast, ensuring the hit should land solid on the next goblin as I smile at the shield wielder and fire my Eldritch energy (taking two turns as necessary to true strike and Eldritch Blast)

while you may be not shooting as often as the other archers you are hitting them more often now

On 6/7/2017 at 3:25 PM, Another Retired Shipper said:

i prepare to fight off any goblins till the bitter end.

ok but since you are on a wall not much you can do except provide cover or coordinate attack strategies 

• Global Mods
7 hours ago, Jace Stormkirk said:

the mage hand does not work because it will have the same effect if you were off the raft and pushed water away trying to move the boat the other way... nothing would happen. but the paddle works just fine

(I was using the mage hand to push directly on the back of the boat/raft/wagon. The paddle is probably faster but it should work if I need to cover myself from archers)