• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/8/2017 at 10:23 PM, Another Retired Shipper said:

i help the others coordinate their attack strategies on the goblins

ok what plan do you have in mind?

On 6/8/2017 at 6:27 PM, Megagun said:

I survey my surroundings in spurts, looking outside the wall to get a lay of the land and an approximate count of the goblins, hoping to find the leadership, all while I continue my well aimed strikes on the closest targets.

you can not get a good read of how many or who is the leader is because you get shot at every time you peek over the wall

On 6/8/2017 at 5:00 PM, DreamblitzX said:

(I was using the mage hand to push directly on the back of the boat/raft/wagon. The paddle is probably faster but it should work if I need to cover myself from archers)

mage hand has a limit of 5 pounds and raft + you >5 but you paddle your way to the docks and get off the raft

On 6/8/2017 at 10:58 PM, Another Retired Shipper said:

i tell them: everyone use Cold truth dont let them out of your sights and keep them off the walls shoot em down

no one pays you any heed cause that was what they were already doing

On 6/9/2017 at 0:15 AM, Megagun said:

I ensure he his heard, even if I am only right next to him and say "dont let them out of your sights and keep them off the walls shoot em down" mimicking his voice perfectly as I continue my attack

ok you kill another one

On 6/8/2017 at 5:00 PM, DreamblitzX said:

(I was using the mage hand to push directly on the back of the boat/raft/wagon. The paddle is probably faster but it should work if I need to cover myself from archers)

you notice as you meander though town a person in a blue robe muttering something 

• Global Mods
On 11/06/2017 at 9:48 AM, Jace Stormkirk said:

you notice as you meander though town a person in a blue robe muttering something 

I approach the blue robed person and grab their hands in a non-hostile way that just seems like I'm trying to get their full attention (but I'm actually doing it to stop any potential somatic components of a spell) and ask them "hey, do you know what's going on here?"

On 6/11/2017 at 8:37 AM, Another Retired Shipper said:

i cimb down off the wall to think of something 

as you go down you notice that the raven person is following you

On 6/11/2017 at 9:40 PM, DreamblitzX said:

I approach the blue robed person and grab their hands in a non-hostile way that just seems like I'm trying to get their full attention (but I'm actually doing it to stop any potential somatic components of a spell) and ask them "hey, do you know what's going on here?"

he looks at you inquisitively and says "isn't it oblivious? the capt'n of the guard doesn't want me anywhere near the battle because he wants all the glory and for me not to show him up! thou if you ask him he will claim that i cause more harm than help! absolutely absurd!"

Spoiler

this is what he looks like

Image result for blue robbed mages dnd

On 6/12/2017 at 5:35 PM, Megagun said:

I follow my shield bearer closely with inquisitive eyes, curious to see and hear what it is he is planning

well he is easy to follow

• Global Mods
10 minutes ago, Jace Stormkirk said:

he looks at you inquisitively and says "isn't it oblivious? the capt'n of the guard doesn't want me anywhere near the battle because he wants all the glory and for me not to show him up! thou if you ask him he will claim that i cause more harm than help! absolutely absurd!"

I let go of him, deciding he isn't a threat for now (at least not intentionally) and say back: "well if you want to help, what're ya doing here then? the captain is only one person, we'll just go find somewhere else less defended that needs our help! besides, there's no glory for anyone if your side doesn't win in the first place." and I start moving off towards one of the battle sites that I can hear across town (there's probably smoke or something), turning back towards the blue robed man and gesturing him this way with a slight grin.

i'm out of ideas on what to do RIP i notice the raven person but i keep moving till we're both down then i ask him gently on why he's following me, while preparing for any surprise attacks he may've planned

I look at him, straight in the eye, My beak pointed down as if in fury and simply say in the voice of the commander as I pull out my crossbow and hold it against my shoulder

On 6/5/2017 at 3:52 PM, Megagun said:

"men, use your shields to cover the archers!"

On 6/12/2017 at 8:26 PM, DreamblitzX said:

I let go of him, deciding he isn't a threat for now (at least not intentionally) and say back: "well if you want to help, what're ya doing here then? the captain is only one person, we'll just go find somewhere else less defended that needs our help! besides, there's no glory for anyone if your side doesn't win in the first place." and I start moving off towards one of the battle sites that I can hear across town (there's probably smoke or something), turning back towards the blue robed man and gesturing him this way with a slight grin.

you see him sigh and say " i only wish it was that simple. you see the guard cap,t took my arcane focus so i can not cast any spells unless i can find the components for the spells or i get my focus back. he stashed my focus inside the main guard tower under lock and key so i can't just sneak inside and take it and most of the components i cannot gather around here."

On 6/13/2017 at 5:43 AM, Another Retired Shipper said:

i'm out of ideas on what to do RIP i notice the raven person but i keep moving till we're both down then i ask him gently on why he's following me, while preparing for any surprise attacks he may've planned

read megagun's reply below

On 6/13/2017 at 4:06 PM, Megagun said:

I look at him, straight in the eye, My beak pointed down as if in fury and simply say in the voice of the commander as I pull out my crossbow and hold it against my shoulder

On 6/13/2017 at 4:50 PM, Another Retired Shipper said:

i really dont know what to say as everything/one seems against me Umm, i take my sword and stab him several times till he lost conciousness

(what?!  what did this raven do to you?!)  well you missed and some solders saw you attacking someone and tackle you to the ground)

On 6/13/2017 at 6:14 PM, Another Retired Shipper said:

He got a Crossbow so i thought he'll attack, RIP i'm dead anyway This is the point where i run out of ideas, so i stay put on the ground 

he showed you a crossbow and said to protect the archers since you are not resisting they pick you up, escourt you to the guard tower and ask " what was that about?"

• Global Mods
3 hours ago, Jace Stormkirk said:

you see him sigh and say " i only wish it was that simple. you see the guard cap,t took my arcane focus so i can not cast any spells unless i can find the components for the spells or i get my focus back. he stashed my focus inside the main guard tower under lock and key so i can't just sneak inside and take it and most of the components i cannot gather around here."

Well then, how about we head over there and see if we can talk to them. after all, at times like these we need all of the able fighters we can get, right? Can you lead the way to this guard tower? maybe you can tell me about what caused this animosity between you and the captain along the way.

Spoiler

I think the strange actions between amine and mega were the result of some IRL confusion with your quote of megas reply not taking the full message. It's fine either way but I think if it was wanted by people a retcon would be justified.

On 6/13/2017 at 8:46 PM, DreamblitzX said:

Well then, how about we head over there and see if we can talk to them. after all, at times like these we need all of the able fighters we can get, right? Can you lead the way to this guard tower? maybe you can tell me about what caused this animosity between you and the captain along the way.

Reveal hidden contents

I think the strange actions between amine and mega were the result of some IRL confusion with your quote of megas reply not taking the full message. It's fine either way but I think if it was wanted by people a retcon would be justified.

"well you see it all started when a noble came to this small town and make an offer that if anyone was able to fight his way to his champion and defeat him, he would give them an offer to become one of his personal guard. so we both entered and he was defeated, quite swiftly i might add, by me. i then proceeded to win and then refuse the award. since then he has declared me a "danger to the city" all because i can wield potent magic."you then hear a scuffle and as the mage looks up he says " oh? a kenku? how peculiar. i've not seen him around here. poor things. they can only speak by repeating whatever they hear. their curse has caused many misunderstandings that end up like this."

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, Jace Stormkirk said:

"well you see it all started when a noble came to this small town and make an offer that if anyone was able to fight his way to his champion and defeat him, he would give them an offer to become one of his personal guard. so we both entered and he was defeated, quite swiftly i might add, by me. i then proceeded to win and then refuse the award. since then he has declared me a "danger to the city" all because i can wield potent magic."you then hear a scuffle and as the mage looks up he says " oh? a kenku? how peculiar. i've not seen him around here. poor things. they can only speak by repeating whatever they hear. their curse has caused many misunderstandings that end up like this."

"hmph, sounds petty. Anyway, for now unless this kenku is fighting with us or against us, it can wait. we should hurry."

"Kenku! If you're fighting for the town, feel free to tag along!"

On 6/13/2017 at 5:59 PM, Megagun said:

I stand back, confused and then suddenly a thought enters my mind and I run back up the wall to see how the battle progresses with several soldiers efforts refocussed away from the battle.

as you examine the battle you see that it is still going when you here someone yell "Kenku! If you're fighting for the town, feel free to tag along!"

On 6/14/2017 at 1:08 AM, DreamblitzX said:

"hmph, sounds petty. Anyway, for now unless this kenku is fighting with us or against us, it can wait. we should hurry."

"Kenku! If you're fighting for the town, feel free to tag along!"

he shows you the main guard tower, it has two guards, one on each side, of the door. the mage sighs and says " this is a far as i can go. those guards have orders to keep me out at all costs and anyone who might be with me. good luck."

On 6/14/2017 at 5:35 AM, Another Retired Shipper said:

its exactly what DreamBlitz said, i was confused by Mega's action and it was all a misunderstanding rip

you are fine. not dead. just being questioned by the guards that stopped the fight