Advanced Mono-runs

Vanitas

With more and more Monotype-runs in the forum, I was thinking about ways to limit the pokemons one may use even more while sticking to a common theme.

The purpose of this thread is to gather some inspiration on ideas people might have.

I only had 3 so far: sort mons by the silhouttes they have in the pdex, butterfly mono-run and only normal-flying pokemon (the last one might be too hard for now)

In addition to the ones already mentioned

- Use only Pokemon under a certain base stat total

- Use only pokemon that can evolve (you cannot evolve them)

- Use only pokemon on a low smogon tier (PU or NU)

- Use only pokemon of a certain generation

I feel like monocolor gives the most interesting experience, since type,bst,tier,gen often forces us to play in a certain way in order to be able to progress at all.

3 hours ago, Vanitas said:

only normal-flying pokemon (the last one might be too hard for now)

I'm actually doing that already :3c It's quite fun.

I'm a huge fan of "animal themed" runs where your theme is like, dog pokemon, fish pokemon, etc. yknow... that stuff. It's adorable.

I also love doing character runs, where you take the team of a character from, for example, the official games (if it's doable), and then try to beat the game with that team.

42 minutes ago, ZEL said:

I'm actually doing that already :3c It's quite fun.

I'm a huge fan of "animal themed" runs where your theme is like, dog pokemon, fish pokemon, etc. yknow... that stuff. It's adorable.

I also love doing character runs, where you take the team of a character from, for example, the official games (if it's doable), and then try to beat the game with that team.

That's a very cool ideia :) I will be doing one with dogs! :D 

Shuckle run!

2 hours ago, ZEL said:

A joey run or the one with 6 magikarps

There is also a solo run (but I think that is almost impossible)

6 hours ago, Vanitas said:

With more and more Monotype-runs in the forum, I was thinking about ways to limit the pokemons one may use even more while sticking to a common theme.

The purpose of this thread is to gather some inspiration on ideas people might have.

I only had 3 so far: sort mons by the silhouttes they have in the pdex, butterfly mono-run and only normal-flying pokemon (the last one might be too hard for now)

I've been trying a run where I am only allowed to use mons others suggest to me, including nicknames. That might work for you.