Ditto-Arceus Battle

Athea Andrea

I'm not sure if there are any other battles with Arceus, but the first one - the one El - has proven really, really difficult as of late. I'm posting a link to a folder that has all my battle-ready pokemon (I still need to train my Houndoom a bit, I know), and I was wondering if any of you friends could give me some advice on how to fight this thing. My main issue thus far has been that absolutely none of my Pokemon except for my Greninja can even outspeed the freak. Help would be appreciated immensely.

many solutions : you need pokemons with Perish Song , Destiny Bond or Curse. You can also spam statut attacks ( paralyse , poison )  , catch a magnemite with sturdy and thunder wave to slow him down. 

I don't remember if EL use full restore or not , if you have revive use them

2 minutes ago, Just2Reborn said:

If you want to you can skip the fight by siding with El, but honestly that feels wrong to do. Besides he's not as difficult as Solaris' Garchomp.

well , in Solaris' Garchomp fight you were 35 lvl behind so it was kinda difficult whereas on EI fight your pokemons are around lvl 55-60 so it's more accessible

1 hour ago, Zarc said:

many solutions : you need pokemons with Perish Song , Destiny Bond or Curse. You can also spam statut attacks ( paralyse , poison )  , catch a magnemite with sturdy and thunder wave to slow him down. 

I don't remember if EL use full restore or not , if you have revive use them

Anyplace I can find something that has one of these? 

I managed to defeat him by using a spiritomb and a ditto (I needed a normal type pokémon so I went with him). The Arceus I fought was a normal type so spiritomb was immune for aura sphere and judgement shadow ball did some damage but that's where ditto comes in by switching between them I pp-stalled shadow ball/dark pulse and aura sphere, when aura sphere ran out of pp Arceus had only 10 pp of either shadow ball or dark pulse left, with potions I managed to stall these out too and than I slowly witthled her down using spiritomb while Arceus couldn't touch me anymore with judgement.

Of course there are many flaws with this method; it's fairly rare to get a spiritomb in the game and you have to be lucky with Arceus's typing also pp-stalling takes a while but I figured it was faster than finding, catching and training a pokemon with perish song, destiny bond, etc..

You could just catch a couple of Sturdy Gravelers or Geodudes in the cave underneath the Grand Stairway since they learn Bulldoze. Sturdy allows you to take any move from Arceus. Two Bulldozes are enough to defeat Arceus since the cave collapses.

12 minutes ago, Zargerth said:

You could just catch a couple of Sturdy Gravelers or Geodudes in the cave underneath the Grand Stairway since they learn Bulldoze. Sturdy allows you to take any move from Arceus. Two Bulldozes are enough to defeat Arceus since the cave collapses.

3 Bulldozes actually. First one to turn the Crystal cave into a regular Cave.

No need to train either, since most of them in the area already know Bulldoze.