What are YOU afraid of?

Skeleton

I am actually afraid of the dark. Just when I can't see anything at all. I start to get nervous and start to break down into a full panic attack. Like if the power goes out or I'm in the middle of no where at night. It is pretty lame honestly.

No, I am not scared when I close my eyes. So many stupid people have asked me that.

No one is afraid of the dark, that's arbitrary. You're only afraid of what COULD be in the dark, which makes complete sense given how paranoid Humans are about everything... Well, in some instances I guess it could be what you know is in the dark, but that very rarely happens any more in First World Countries, unless you're out late in the ghetto, but you're just asking for something to happen if you do that... It's kind of creepy to think about the fact the some people in some places ACTUALLY have to worry about that sort of thing all of the time, but I digress... <:/

Even when your logical senses tell you that nothing is there, for example if you were to look around your room, then turn the lights off, your over imaginative instincts still tell you "HOLY FUCK RUN TO THE LIGHT THERE COULD BE A MURDERER OR A RAPIST OR A GIANT OCTOPUS!!!". Of course the giant octopus kind of falls under the category of rapist as well... If you catch my drift. I shouldn't have said that, but it's funny so I'm going to leave it in anyway... Don't tear me to shreds please?

Anyway, I'm sorry it's really that serious of a problem for you, that sucks. D;> Hopefully you won't end up into a position where you're completely in the dark ever again.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

meanwhile trying to tell someone what they are or aren't afraid of

Anyways, I'm not sure. There are a lot of random little things that scare me at a time then ebever do again; really, no constant fear. Except of bugs. Fuck bugs.

meanwhile trying to tell someone what they are or aren't afraid of

Anyways, I'm not sure. There are a lot of random little things that scare me at a time then ebever do again; really, no constant fear. Except of bugs. Fuck bugs.

Ahahahaha, hey, I was only trying to give an explanation as to why one would be "afraid of the dark". That way, Wish and anyone else who feels that way will know why, and the next time they're in the dark maybe realize the fear they are feeling is non-sense and not feel as bad...

I only tried to help in my own way, I mean well.

No one is afraid of the dark, that's arbitrary. You're only afraid of what COULD be in the dark, which makes complete sense given how paranoid Humans are about everything... Well, in some instances I guess it could be what you know is in the dark, but that very rarely happens any more in First World Countries, unless you're out late in the ghetto, but you're just asking for something to happen if you do that... It's kind of creepy to think about the fact the some people in some places ACTUALLY have to worry about that sort of thing all of the time, but I digress... <:/

Even when your logical senses tell you that nothing is there, for example if you were to look around your room, then turn the lights off, your over imaginative instincts still tell you "HOLY FUCK RUN TO THE LIGHT THERE COULD BE A MURDERER OR A RAPIST OR A GIANT OCTOPUS!!!". Of course the giant octopus kind of falls under the category of rapist as well... If you catch my drift. I shouldn't have said that, but it's funny so I'm going to leave it in anyway... Don't tear me to shreds please?

Anyway, I'm sorry it's really that serious of a problem for you, that sucks. D;> Hopefully you won't end up into a position where you're completely in the dark ever again.

So I'm scared of things that could be in the dark? @_@

Anyways, I still classify it as "being scared of the dark". It is a natural respond I have and I logically know that there isn't a octopus hiding in the dark coming afer me or anything like that. >.> I don't even have time for it. Panic starts to sets in immediately and the only thing I think of is, "Where can I find light?" and/or, "How can I get out of here!" I get a feeling that the walls are slowly closing in on me and about to squish me x__o I guess that is a fear. It is stupid and I wish it could go away. It sucks butt! D:< But whatever I'll live, normally there is always some light coming from somewhere, so it doesn't happen that often. :]

Edited by Wish

I guess I have a fear of becoming angry (angrophobia) It's mainly because I tend to lash out on people when I do and almost use violence to vent it. (Then again, who doesn't) And it can be VERY easy for me to get angry if you put too much pressure.

I overall just hate being angry. I just wanna be someone calm and easygoing without transforming into a super-saiyan.

well i can't say that i am really afraid of anything though when i was younger i was afraid of a lot of things the dark being one of them but thats common. Lets see i was also afraid of drowning but then i learned to swim so thats not a problem anymore for me. Now a days there are plenty of things that i am cautious about like things that can kill me but i really am not afraid of anything.

Wish you would hate where i live in the middle of nowhere and pron to power outages and no other lights around.

Physically, I don't think I have a fear. Mentally though, I am afraid of being alone and letting others down. By alone I mean not having someone I know with me. When I'm with a group of people or just a friend, I can put on a mask to show off an aura of confidence that tells others how self-aware I am, even if I'm not. But by myself in an unknown place, I wouldn't be able to do anything. This also ties in to my fear of letting others down. If I have people counting on me I feel needed but simultaneously paranoid of what would happen if I failed. I can handle taking myself down, but bringing others with me isn't easy for me to deal with.

Big bugs. I'm okay with little bugs probably up to a cricket size (unless it got poison), but after that I'm burning whatever that bug is on.

Large Panic. At first I thought it was a fear of zombies irl but I watched World War Z and figured out it wasn't the zombies I'm scared of, but the panic they caused.

Having too much hope. Ever since middle school I always have high hopes for meetups and stuff only for them to be brought down.

The dark/what's in the dark. When it's at home late at night it's okay, when I have no lights anywhere near me I'll panic.

Being manipulated. Mostly in school, when people are nice to me and then use me for answers only. Luckily I'm trying not to give answers to anyone anymore unless reason.

umm there's probably more but these are the ones i can think of right now

also funny little fear when i was a kid

Dogs. One bit me once, was afraid of them for like maybe 4 years, then we got a pet dog and now I'm chill with them.