Thinking of joining..

BeautyShannon

33 minutes ago, BeautyShannon said:

Hi, I was thinking of joining but I'd like some feedback on what the game is actually like from those who already play. I'm just wondering if it's well balanced with a consistent storyline and can you breed pokemon? Thank you :)

(ninja'd by Wolfy)

To me, the challenge of Reborn comes from a combination of it's restrictions on Pokemon location, slow acquisition of good TM's, and leaders/bosses being re-balanced/tweaked every so often (although that has resulted in some nerfs too).  

Pokemon can be bred before the second gym.

Honestly, Reborn has my favorite story of any Pokemon game (official or otherwise), mostly because of how well done the characters are.

Edited by seki108

It's basically a Pokemon game that's way more challenging then regular Pokemon games but with a unique way too work around that. In that way the game encourages strategy way more then the original games. It also has a fantastic story line and setting (but it's up too you to find out the details of that). Anyway it's the best Pokemon fangame I've ever played if not the best Pokemon game I've played.

The game can be very challenging, but is never unfair. I'd suggest to explore the game thoroughly as there are many hidden secrets and sidequests. If you don't have any patience or are easily enraged maybe this game isn't for you, but if you're filled with determination I'm sure you'll love the story and characters.

The storyline is good certainly worth doing a play through or two.

Well, is the game balanced ? Partially, a starter is basically you're only freebie which means that the right starter can make a huge difference. After that Ame keeps control of the controlled pkmn and teams carefully.

Ame clearly intended for the players to use many pokemon, so it is advisable to switch up your team from time to time.

Can you breed? Yes before the 2nd gym atcually.  Power items and such come later though. The need of breeding becomes lower though since ability and natures can be changed.

This is the kind of game you really need to experience yourself before you can decide whether or not you like it. It is certainly more challenging than your average Pokemon game. Maybe even the most challenging and well-balanced of any Pokemon game ever. It also comes with Online Battling and Trading. Something I've not seen in any other Pokemon fangame

• Global Mods

In terms of difficulty, it's more challenging than the main games as said before. All Gym Leaders have a full team of six Pokemon. There are also a lot of field effects that change things like the power of moves and moves of a certain type, the type of moves (some moves do additional damage of another type on certain fields), ability effects, whether certain moves work (Ground moves don't work in water-based fields), etc. and some moves can change or destroy the field. In addition to battles the puzzles can also be very challenging to figure out. 

Story-wise, I'd say it's more detailed than a lot of the canon games. You get to know the backstory for a lot of characters and see Gym Leaders often outside of the gym battle. There are dark parts so beware of that if you're not into dark stuff. It may be worth noting that almost every character in the game is based on Reborn's Pokemon Online league which existed before the game, and many events and interactions within the game are based on ones from the online league. There are also a lot of sidequests. 

P.S. Are you on Global Pokedex Plus? I definitely remember a user there named Beauty Shannon.

On 29/03/2017 at 9:48 PM, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

In terms of difficulty, it's more challenging than the main games as said before. All Gym Leaders have a full team of six Pokemon. There are also a lot of field effects that change things like the power of moves and moves of a certain type, the type of moves (some moves do additional damage of another type on certain fields), ability effects, whether certain moves work (Ground moves don't work in water-based fields), etc. and some moves can change or destroy the field. In addition to battles the puzzles can also be very challenging to figure out. 

Story-wise, I'd say it's more detailed than a lot of the canon games. You get to know the backstory for a lot of characters and see Gym Leaders often outside of the gym battle. There are dark parts so beware of that if you're not into dark stuff. It may be worth noting that almost every character in the game is based on Reborn's Pokemon Online league which existed before the game, and many events and interactions within the game are based on ones from the online league. There are also a lot of sidequests. 

P.S. Are you on Global Pokedex Plus? I definitely remember a user there named Beauty Shannon.

Thanks everyone for the responses! I've been playing the game a couple days now and I am quite enjoying it. I am still in the Opal Ward/Lower Peridot area though as battles ARE tough as mentioned! I have noticed that the game plot really does divert from the childish themes of the other Pokemon games too, def more serious and adult. For example I've never come across prostitute (Doxy) trainers before in any other fan made Pokemon game lol! 

In reference to GPP Ice Cream Sand Witch I've never even heard of it until now so it could not have been myself but I must check it out!