Predictions for future important battles in Reborn

GGLL

What are your predictions for the  future boss battles [who we will be battling, what pokemon they'll use (don't have to give the entire team ) , what strategies  they will use with said pokemon , the "format" in which we will face them ( singles or doubles ) , when we will face them and how (field effects , situations )] and why do you think that they will  happen the way you predicted ?

I have  thought about alot of possible scenarios ,because I have no life , but for now I would share my opinion on how the elite four  will most likely face you .Personally , I think that the elite four will face you in different "formats" the first time you face them in the story and in your rematch post-game , battling them in a singles battle setting the first time and a doubles in your rematch . The reason for that has to do with the possible typings of the elite four in both circumstances .If my prediction of the elite four pokemon types in each "session" is correct , facing a bug,a flying, a normal and a psychic type elite trainer in the first and then switching out the normal type for the grass type elite trainer for the second  (due to El's connection to team meteor being discovered after the first league challenge ) , then I believe that it would benefit El alot more if you faced him in a singles setting , since his type is probably the weakest in a doubles setting ( and Laura isn't nearly as threatening in singles as she is in doubles , unless the garden is half way completed by the start of the battle ) , not to mention that   the others  are already pretty threatening in both settings , so they are not bothered by the format in which you face them.The reason why I believe that the challenges will be setup like that is because , not only would it be an intresting way to switch things around  from the original games ,which is something that  Ame has been  known to do  with the field effects and other such features exclusive to Reborn , but it would be a nice way to add another layer of difficulty for the post game without resorting to cheap tactics ( such as  a team of 6 legendaries ) or just straight up unfair advantages  that you can't  avoid or obtain ( like giving the enemy A.I. a Regigigas with huge power ) ,while at the same time giving every field effect and every enemy a chance to truly shine (what can be considered game breaking in one format may be a mild annoyance at best in another , like the doom desire buff in the space field , and vice versa ).

As for what pokemon and strategies I think we will see , I  think that Anna will use a Jirachi and Shadow Tag Gothitelle as a lead in the double battle to trap your lead pokemon in , setup trick room  and use Gothitelle to build up calm mind boosts while protecting it with Jirachi to sweep/severaly damage your team . When those are done , she will switch into a more fast,offensive style probably using reuniclus (if trick room is up ) and a mega alakazam with dazzling gleam to finnish you off . With the seventh generation around , she might even use Tapu Lele . In singles , she would use a slower but more defensive-offensive team , using frail and bulky but powerful psychic type pokemon  along with future sight and doom desire to slowly take out your team , possibly even giving some of her pokemon u-turn so that she can trap them in with Gothitelle , which can then setup on them while doom desire takes down your pokemon . Last but not least , she can utilize serene grace to  flinch and paralyze you until the countdown ends .Bennet and Heather would use speed control in the form of tailwind in doubles and then attempt to overpower you with their aces (volcarona and mega salamence respectively ) while their other pokemon provides support and tries to shut  down your support moves .In singles , Heather would use an all out offensive team with plenty of coverage moves to deal as much damage as possible , while Bennet would be trying to  use sticky web and weaken your team enough with scizor , shuckle and araquanid so that his ace volcarona and maybe mega pinsir can finish you off.Laura would use as many moves as possible to speed up the completion of her terrain so that she can make her pokemon nearly unstoppable , while also protecting her completed terrain with rain dance or water sport . Last but not least , El would be using  the most balanced team of   pokemon out of all the elite four , having a Smeargle to place sticky web and stealth rock while putting your pokemon to sleep , using a Ditto to stop sweepers on their tracks , a Snorlax that can take special attacks and become harder to take down because of curse, a choice specs Swellow with boomburst ( didn't see that coming , did you ?) to revenge kill , Porygon 2 with eviolite to combat anything that snorlax can't , a choice banded bewear with fluffy and finally  , a mega kangaskhan who needs no introduction .

That's all I have to say right now . Sorry for the wall of text everyone . 

id like to see amaria use the underwater field effect

and there will be atleast one more fight with fern and probably with cain both of them using almost the same strategy as always, but im not sure if we will be battling with victoria again

• Global Mods

On Tumblr, someone asked Ame if the E4 will be fixed like in Gens 1-4 or available to battle in any order like in Gen 5 onward. She said for story reasons they'd be in a fixed order. 

I think it's possible El will be kicked out of the E4 due to exposed ties to Team Meteor and Laura will get her position back. I always imagined this happening before we battle them, but your idea of it happening the second time is also interesting. 

If El is still in the Elite Four, my hypothesis is it'll go: Bennett, El/Heather, Heather/El, Anna. 

and if it's Laura instead of El:

Bennett, Laura, Heather, Anna

this also assumes Anna is a member of the Elite Four. I think it's most likely, but it hasn't been confirmed. 

For others:

There were no rival battles in E11-E14. Then in E15 we battled Fern and in E16 we battled Victoria. So maybe in E17 we'll battle Cain?

I think Fern will be battled on Victory Road, since he's also doing the league and has the most badges. Ame said Victoria dropped and Cain still hasn't fought Radomus. 

I think the next Meteor admin battle will be against Sirius, since we've only fought him once so far and we're approaching the end of the game. I'm unsure if it'll be another Sigmund/Sirius choice, but I do believe we'll be battling Sigmund once more too. 

I think we'll battle Zero at Agate, since he mentioned going there. Maybe with his own full team since ZEL split. 

For those who gave Blake the Ruby Ring and didn't get the extra Aster/Eclipse stuff, I think we'll battle Aster once more in Labradorra and the A&E story will conclude there. 

I think Solaris will be battled once more. I think he'll have Mega Garchomp. 

I could see another battle with Taka when we get the end result of our decision at the WTC. 

Since we battled Blake twice, maybe we'll have another battle with Cal too? He mentioned the battle at Pyrous feeling empty, so maybe he'll want a rematch as his new self. I think this would likely happen around Victory Road, maybe a little sooner, but not before the bulk of the operations Meteor has left have been taken care of. 

Ame confirmed postgame Gym Leader rematches, saying it wouldn't be much of a postgame without them. I also think we may rematch Arclight at the nightclub. Maybe we'll be able to rematch everyone who's still around? 

El and Bennet story got me thinking now, what if for the last time we will see ''invalidated badge trick'' during E4? We battled E4, oops, one or two of those guys are fired now, you gotta battle remaining one.

If El would be droped becouse of ties to meteor, so should be lin. Also i dunno about fighting 2 elite 4 that would probably share same field effect (garden).

To be fair, laura never struck me as Elite 4 material. I mean, durning meteor attack, sapphira seemsed much more usefull than her, even though she "just" a gym leader.

She even loses to sigmunt (she was attacked instead of her pokemon, but still). 
I don't know, i always feel that she wasn't really that strong, and got E4 title only becouse of her parents or something (I think we hear in game that inherit her title or am i wrong?)

6 minutes ago, phoenica said:

If El would be droped becouse of ties to meteor, so should be lin. Also i dunno about fighting 2 elite 4 that would probably share same field effect (garden).

To be fair, laura never struck me as Elite 4 material. I mean, durning meteor attack, sapphira seemsed much more usefull than her, even though she "just" a gym leader.

I don't know, i always feel that she wasn't really that strong, and got E4 title only becouse of her parents or something (I think we hear in game that inherit her title or am i wrong?)

I do believe it was mentioned that Laura got into the Elite 4 because of her battle prowess. Maybe her pokemon (main squad) are not with her currently? Maybe her pokemon are at the Pokemon League actually and she's just using temporary pokemon. There's also a possibility she's just suppressing her strength.

1 hour ago, phoenica said:

Well, Lin was never said to be an E4 member, she's just "that one boss". But I agree, Laura has to pick up some slack if they want to convince us she's an E4 member

10 hours ago, phoenica said:

That is because of Laura's ditzy personality not because she isn't a strong trainer. If you picked a certain route during those events, you can see that she is really clumsy. Also Lin isn't a part of the league, at least not yet. And it doesn't seem like she is interested with it.

There is something I'd like to ask. A lot of people assume that after the meteor events are resolved El will be kicked out of the E4 due to his ties to meteor. If that is the case then shouldn't Bennett also be fired? I mean, if anything El's position is more valid than Bennett's since he got into the E4 legitimately, whereas Bennett only got in because of a forged document. So why does everyone assume El will get the boot and Bennett will remain? I just don't see any reasonable explanation to that other than Bennett betraying team meteor and helping us defeat them. But even then, his position in the E4 would still be illegal, and he should be fired.

• Global Mods
20 minutes ago, Farnsworth said:

That is because of Laura's ditzy personality not because she isn't a strong trainer. If you picked a certain route during those events, you can see that she is really clumsy. Also Lin isn't a part of the league, at least not yet. And it doesn't seem like she is interested with it.

There is something I'd like to ask. A lot of people assume that after the meteor events are resolved El will be kicked out of the E4 due to his ties to meteor. If that is the case then shouldn't Bennett also be fired? I mean, if anything El's position is more valid than Bennett's since he got into the E4 legitimately, whereas Bennett only got in because of a forged document. So why does everyone assume El will get the boot and Bennett will remain? I just don't see any reasonable explanation to that other than Bennett betraying team meteor and helping us defeat them. But even then, his position in the E4 would still be illegal, and he should be fired.

Ame did say he did famously during his trial battle, so while El used shady tactics to get him in his skill is legitimate. It's possible that that combined with him having a change of heart (E15's TV event is Gossip Gardevoir telling Serra about Bennett's Team Meteor ties and Serra telling GG to take her to him) might be enough for him to stay.

16 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Ame did say he did famously during his trial battle, so while El used shady tactics to get him in his skill is legitimate. It's possible that that combined with him having a change of heart (E15's TV event is Gossip Gardevoir telling Serra about Bennett's Team Meteor ties and Serra telling GG to take her to him) might be enough for him to stay.

Following up on this , we know that Laura and Bennett were in a relationship during the run of the Online league , which hasn't yet been showed in the game , and there is no other possible candidate for the last available position of the elite four , so chances are that he is here to stay unless Ame decides that Cal or Archlight could fill in , but I don't think so .Besides , for all we know Bennett never actually helped team meteor achieve their goals directly (I don't think that El is a member of team meteor , just a supporter/ally of Solaris), so it's possible that they (league officials ) just think  that he was manipulated into helping them against his will . Thus, he could  keep his position without a fuss.

Regarding the admin battles , I expect a boss rush at some point where we will fight all the major team meteor commanders in multiple of double battles near the end , most likely right before the first battle with Lin but after the elite four , where you will face them with Cal , Cain and/or Victoria , with the order of battles being : you and Cain or Victoria (your choice ) vs Sirius and Sigmund , you and Cal vs Blake and Taka/ Solaris/Zero  . I expect that the last battle with Fern in the story will take place during the liberation of Labradorra , since Florinia mentioned (I think ) that place to be where we will most likely meet Fern and I don't think that we will face him with the rest of the admins since he is our main  rival and thus (even he ) deserves a proper final match with us . I'm certain that we will face Solaris in the desert with a mega garchomp in episode 17 , whether or not he will make it  in the final battle depends on the story path you chose for that episode ( though that would be a pretty important  , which this episode isn't supposed to have , so that probably won't happen because of this episode .Events from previous episodes might affect it though ) .As for Lin ,

Spoiler

since  I heard that she  has spites as  both an adult and as a child  , I suspect that we will face her adult version first with her team from the league (haxorus , garchomp , hydreigon , salamence , dragonite and Zekrom ) and then depending on the choices you made in the game , you'll get to face her younger self as either the final battle for story mode or for the  post-game story ,replacing Zekrom and salamence for a Reshiram and Pulse-Arceus ? respectively or completly changing her team from a monotype to a more varried in terms of typing team ,while having  Reshiram and Pulse-Arceus ? in it as her aces .