how is that possible

Ieatdedbabies

I got shiny starter, then I go to fight the guy on the right of the main hall and walk into grass where I see shiny spinarak. Then I go to save zigzagoon from the thug bullying him and he is shiny. WTF its the only 3 pokemon I got since the beginning of the game and they are all shiny. Has it ever happen to someone else?

shiny1.PNG

shiny2.PNG

shiny3.PNG

Chances are, this hasn't happened to anyone else, or, if it has, only to a few other people.

Now for how it's possible:

Realize that everything has a chance. When you're flipping a coin, it's a 1/2 chance for it to land heads. Now, if you want it to land heads 3 times in a row, that's 1/2 times 1/2 times 1/2, or a 1/8 chance. 

So, it's entirely possible for this to happen to anyone here, as there is always a chance for a shiny. It'd just be much less likely because the odds of a shiny are obviously much lower than 1/2. 

Edit: the shiny chance in Reborn is somewhere around 700/6500, so the chance of this happening is 700/6500 times itself times itself, or .00124ish. Therefore, the chances of this happening to you are in the ballpark of 0.12%.

Edited by Dypatome
Yes you didn't ask for the chance, but math is fun.