YGO Duel Links

MrLGFD

I currently have a deck with three blue-eyes, two paladins, sonic bird, senju, three blue dragon summoners, one kaibaman and neo the magic swordsman (latter is there because blue dragon summoner can summon it and sometimes getting a 4star is real neat), and ive found out time after time that rngesus likes to deny me the chance to actually summon blue-eyes through a variety of bad hands. and if you dont manage to get blue-eyes on the field by turn 3 or at least 4, you will be overwhelmed really quickly by beatdown decks unless you got some trap cards to stop them.

paladins AND kaibamen make it feel a little TOO cluttered in the deck, leaving too few room for other cards in the deck. but thats just my two cents.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is also one more reason I like using paladin is because if I use fullfilment of the contract which is essentially a Premature burial for ritual monsters I can summon him activate his effect again and get 2 blue-eyes out. also for the record I play ultimate because why not it's fun, I also run goddess with the third eye, dai grepher, spirit ryu and ryu senshi at one because it gives me more options and is also fun

I used to run fulfillment of the contract, but the cost was too high for my likes and I didnt use it as much as I would have hoped to. kinda same with my lord of d/flute of summoning dragon combo, actually. anyway, should you wanna know, my current deck recipe for my blue-eyes deck is the following.

- blue-eyes white dragon (3x)

- paladin of white dragon (2x)

- blue dragon summoner (3x)

- sonic bird

- senju of the thousand hands

- kaibaman

- neo the magic swordsman

- white dragon ritual (2x)

- burst stream of destruction

- twister

- champion's vigilance

- trap jammer

- windstorm of etaqua

- jar of greed (may swap this out for mirror wall)

things prone to change are paladin, jar of greed, white dragon ritual, sonic bird, senju of the thousand hands and neo the magic swordsman to leave the deck. also, more kaibaman and champion's vigilance cards will definitely be entering the deck once I get them, as well as hopefully enemy controller. I also plan on adding bubonic vermin eventually, but while paladin and friends are currently running around I dont have the space to do so.

this just in- well-built blue-eyes summoning decks are absolutely busted atm, partly thanks to the existence of kaibaman, partly thanks to champion's vigilance. I just won six matches in a row in silver ranked, which is currently a pretty big deal considering nearly EVERYONE is silver atm (due to ranks getting completely reset back to rookie yesterday for world cup), and in that list were no less than two people who were silver 5 too. so yeah. and thats only with a deck that only got one kaibaman and one champion's vigilance in it- quite frankly, I dont even know how massively an actual well-built blue-eyes deck with the correct resources would fuck up about everyone. its so dumb, jesus christ.

edit: small note on how fair and balanced blue-eyes decks are atm

ywgKAal.pngk9AU2c9.pngrrjE4Ti.pngApdvsdV.png54Z4qht.png

I got through silver to gold without losing a single match. sure, I got lucky at times, but ten matches, dude.

Oh hey we're both in group D

Also I fixed my furry bait deck and it's super fun to play with I just need a goddamn sonic bird and two more venus, I need to see if 3 is too bricky because I'm not gonna lie it sets me up quite nicely. I use it to summon mystic shine ball, use white elephant's gift and that quick spell that you use to tribute a normal monster and pop a face-up card on your opponent's field. Fortunately Venus is Super so it shouldn't be that hard to get, i actually much prefer this deck over my blue-eyes one now, the duels I won were super satisfying and fun

it really is. I mean, for me it doesnt break absolutely everything, but thats only because I have a single copy.

tbh, the best thing about champions vigilance is the feeling of security- blue-eyes can attack nearly freely when you have champions vigilance behind it, only having to watch out for flip effects.

after a duel, you can select the option 'save replay'. you can see the replays you saved at the arena. oh, and you can only save a maximum of five. thats also part of the reason I started recording em- now I can keep those replays forever.

and ever.

and ever.

I hit gold 3 yesterday, was winning the final match I needed for gold 4, then internet lagged out and disconnected. then lost some more and im back to gold 1.

edit: got dropped back to silver just now. done with all of this, going to build a mako deck instead. I reset whatever the water pack thing was called and

GMgDyCc.png

yeah. first pack gives me daedalus. instantly reset again, going to go for triple daedalus because watching the world burn is fun.

I.. got super lucky with pulls today, I got magician's circle, 2 legion jesters, and.. quite a few ultras o-o including mirror wall I hate myself Oh also I forgot to mention but I eventually got that goddamn bird. I really want sage's stone though and Dark magician girl's, it really sucks that a decent DM deck without putting in 7,000,000 keys for tea just to have a chance

ive got three sages stones so far, actually. still only one dark magician girl, tho. picked all of them up while I was farming tea in the hopes of getting harpies hunting ground for mai, to no avail. I swear, ive spent more than 4000 colored keys trying to get harpies hunting ground so far and I STILL dont have it. and its not like my deck isnt suited to farm- I nearly always get a score between 6000 and 8000 points.

tho I cant complain today either tbh. I started opening more packs of the fish pack thing (still forgot the name) and this time I got michizure. in my second pack. like what the fuck. didnt reset this time, though- my priority is getting daedalus and needle sunfish atm.

a trading feature might make cheating a tad too easy tho. just have someone restart on their phone over and over again and trade all the new good cards they get to the other file or something.

really, I know its a trading card game, but I feel like trading would also make cheating too easy.

I dunno, maybe a trading fee, use up gold to trade depending on the difference in the rarity of cards, something like that

Also Harpie's hunting ground isn't as powerful as it seems, sure it gets over a lot of backrow and can boost your attack and all that but the effect is mandatory if you're going harpies which to be honest you should but you can't gain advantage off of destroying your own cards like you can with hysteric sign >-> I literally fought someone earlier who was using harpies and they were forced to pop their own cards because I had nothing to pop and it severely screwed them over.

Also I want to make a harpie deck now >-> goddamnit

er. I dunno if youre even forced to destroy your own spells/traps, but take it from me- ive faced multiple harpies hunting ground decks the past few days in gold and theyre absolute threats. sonic duck gets boosted to 1900 attack under harpies hunting ground, birdface has solid 1800/1800 stats and harpie lady 1 is absolutely borked. not to mention regular harpie ladies and sonic ducks can trigger order to charge- destroying whatever strong monster you just summoned. also, there was apparently some smaller tournament some weeks ago, and most of the duelists in the top 10 had used a harpie deck at some point.

also, ive been facing a new version of harpie decks lately- one that uses sonic bird/senju of the thousand hands, together with sonic ducks, birdface and regular harpie ladies next to goddamn relinquished. and by god relinquished is threatening if you cant do anything against it because your traps constantly get destroyed. I even tried to daedalus them- but order to charge.

order 2 charge more like op 2 charge

makes me wonder where all the dino decks have gone off to. they used to be literally everywhere but I barely see rex anymore, even though dino decks are probably the best abusers of order to charge (next to harpies)

yeah, just watched it. its a cool strat, tbh. tho the main problem I see with it as soon as you hit gold is that burn decks will devastate you REALLY quickly, and that your monsters may be a bit too weak to extreme beatdown decks. order to charge can be used to destroy one strong monster, and lycanthrope has decent attack as well, but currently gold is being dominated by the existence of mirror wall, windstorm of etaqua, blue-eyes white dragon and levia-dragon - daedalus. its not that your cards are bad, nor is your deck- its moreso a thing that gold is currently dumb as fuck.