YGO Duel Links

MrLGFD

That's an older build of the deck, I do have more outs and stuff now including my own mirror wall which I feel dirty using. As for burn decks ahahahhhahahahhahahahahhahhah kill me I've fought 4 in 2 days, could goddamn swear it was the same person and lost every single one >->

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at a certain point you can swear theyre the same person because they use literally the same deck, which is about accurately a thing in gold. beatdown harpies, relinquished harpies, umi decks, yami spellcasters, blue-eyes white summoning, parasite paracide and sometimes even gravekeepers are currently the decks I see the most in gold. and I swear to god, they nearly always run the same monsters, spells and traps. in the case of traps, there are some global cards nearly every deck has. these are mirror wall and windstorm of etaqua, because fuck fun, its overrated.

I say as I run both mirror wall and windstorm of etaqua myself. theyre overused, but theyre overused for a reason god damn theyre good.

gold is really harsh. every time I dropped back to silver I managed to climb back up without losing any matches, but gold is just...ughghghgh. ive been trying to rank up for two days now, and the highest ive reached is gold 3. currently sitting at gold 2.

Unfortunately creativity isn't rewarded even here u-u

I know the feeling of not being able to climb the ladder, I just want those 400 gems it's like 8 card packs, I don't even know what I'll spend it on, probably neo-impact for those magician's circles after that I'll aim for black luster soldier support because hot damn is that summoning animation a duelists wet dream I need to summon it legitimately

ive fully cleaned out neo-impact before, as well as ultimate rising and that fish pack I cant be bothered to look up its name again. as well as the pack that carries birdface. started with chaotic compliance for some time but honestly while black luster soldiers animation is dope I doubt hes that good with mirror wall being literally everywhere atm.

I am 90% sure it's age of discovery

Also I took a long hiatus from way back at the beginning so I haven't had much of an opportunity to clean out boxes the only reason I came back full throttle was because Sonic bird came back for a bit and I didn't wanna miss it

I don't really care if he's good I just want the deck because he's rad more than anything else plus the deck should stay fairly consistent with gateway as a field spell, now all we need is terraforming >->

eh, id say most cards are used globally. but black luster soldier just suffers from needing a ritual spell AND two tributes to summon, as well as getting stopped in its tracks cleanly by mirror wall, windstorm of etaqua, order to charge and cards like that. its a beatstick with 3000 attack whose job gets done better by blue-eyes white dragon at the moment.

I DID IT

DIDITDIDITDIDITDIDITDIDIT

I REACHED PLATINUM 1 IN RANKED

and apparently I had misunderstood what the prize was for reaching platinum 1- I thought it would be a random sr card obtainable in the game. that isnt the case. you instead get to choose an sr card out of a WIDE variety of cards (all the card trader cards, all the drop rewards from duelists, even the ones from events like yami bakura and pegasus)... I was tempted to pick reverse trap, toon world or enemy controller but then remembered how much champions vigilance carried me and I got a second copy of it.

the deck with which I reached platinum looked like this

blue-eyes white dragon (3x)

blue dragon summoner (3x)

kaibaman (2x)

paladin of white dragon

senju of the thousand hands

sonic bird

kaiser sea horse

neo the magic swordsman

burst stream of destruction

stamping destruction

twister

white dragon ritual

champions vigilance

mirror wall

windstorm of etaqua

and now that ive got a second champions vigilance, ive swapped stamping destruction out for it. twister is still around because harpies hunting ground and relinquished are still annoying.

I made it to gold 1 thank. god. I took a day to cool down and came back stronger than ever, won 5 duels out of 6, I would've won that last one but I was a fucking idiot and misplayed >->

Also that- I need to reach platinum, that is too good, I can pick anything?!

just about. you cant pick srs from packs though, but the selection is still really dumb.

also, I pulled my third daedalus. meme deck incoming.

edit: tried to counterbuild harpies yesterday for platinum, only to not face harpies at all. but at least I got this replay out of it.

That was actually pretty good, you read that guy like a book o-o

EDIT: Okay so I was looking at KOG deck profiles and I noticed something while I was scrolling through

Spoiler

Did I... start something or..?

EDITEDIT: You know what I would love to be in this game, LVL monsters, I loved silent swordsman, slient magician and horus the black flame dragon

venus decks have been rather loved lately. joined a duel links discord before, and theyre talking about how venus is currently one of the best things. also about how every deck needs three enemy controllers. I still have none.

reading like a book is rather easy when mind scan exists, tbh.

level monster could be cool, but with how fast-paced the game goes, I dunno how much use they will see. keeping them alive will be a problem, id assume.

Considering the main form of removal at the moment is order to charge and Silent swordsman and horus are anti-spell cards they'd be safe, relinquished would be a decent out though. Also this game is far from fast paced o-o as for keeping them alive literally do what you've been doing, mirror wall sphere kuriboh and enemy controller it's as simple as that. Horus would by far be the most played though with kaiba I'd imagine, also Level up is a thing which basically makes you lose enough advantage to make it fair I'd say. I hope if Yugi ever does become a playable character you can get silent swordsman and magician as rewards it'd be pretty sweet not gonna lie and the only way to make them competitively viable

• 2 weeks later...

I can't wait u-u

ALSO I hate this but I've been forced to play weevil for the 1.5x experience event because I need DNA surgery for a buster blader deck, I play Buster Blue-eyes IRL so I need to make a duel links version and honestly playing DNA surgery is the only way I can think of to keep consistency instead of just hard countering dragons >-> I have 2 of his fusion and i also pulled a Dark paladin but ironically.. only 1 buster blader 

rip.

ive been leveling yami myself to get van'dalgyon the dark dragon lord for my blue-eyes deck. it synergizes unexpectedly well with champions vigilance, and as soon as I get enough vanguards of the dragons and mirage dragons, I can actually run a full beatdown dragon deck instead of the stally stuff I use right now with cocoon of evolution and bubonic vermin.

dont run buster blader pls. my blue-eyes does not like.

so the card trader inventory got updated with four new cards, and no less than two of them support umi decks super hard. the field spell 'a legendary ocean' and 'ocean dragon lord - neo-daedalus' are now obtainable. both are super rare cards tho, so only people with spare super rare jewels will be able to get them soon.

on that note, another replay in which I show off the newest card in my blue-eyes deck, van'dalgyon the dark dragon lord, and why I love it a lot.

I actually created my peak performance deck too just now. I only have one vanguard so far, so its not yet complete, but this is what I have so far.

- blue-eyes white dragon (3x)

- blue dragon summoner (3x)

- kaibaman (2x)

- kidmodo dragon

- vanguard of the dragon

- mirage dragon

- flamvell grunika

- van'dalgyon the dark dragon lord

- stomping destruction

- enemy controller

- mirror wall

- windstorm of etaqua

- champions vigilance (2x)

- michizure

as soon as I get more vanguards and mirage dragons, some blue dragon summoners and flamvell grunika are gonna go. possibly kidmodo dragon or a kaibaman too.

also, I got my first enemy controller from kaiba yesterday, so im gonna abuse that too.

also also, windstorm of etaqua is only placeholder for now- more enemy controllers or champions vigilances means its gonna go.

edit: A NEW DUELIST IS GOING TO COME TO DUEL LINKS IN JULY. IT IS ASSUMED THAT THE NEW DUELIST WILL EITHER BE YAMI MARIK, OR, LOOKING AT THE FLAVOR TEXT, ARKANA. AND I HOPE IT WILL BE YAMI MARIK BECAUSE ARKANA? REALLY?