Gaming recommendations

Cyrus

Okay Reborn, after thinking about it. I'm getting fucking sick of all these RPGs that have great stories/worlds. But fail to come up in the one place where it is needed most.

Gameplay. Now I know gaming is just a matter of pushing buttons, but I don't want to be disappointed for something that isn't what it is as a game. Titles like this I have recently played included:

The Witcher 2

Skyrim

FFXIII

Star Ocean: The Last Hope

RAGE

Gears 3

KH 2 after thinking about it.

and Max Payne 3

I'm look at you guys at Reborn, to help me find a purchase where the gameplay is what is promises. Games like this include:

Sonic Generations

Deus Ex Human Revolutions.

I want something that is trying to be something and achieves at it. RPGs and Platformers will do best. I am mostly looking for Xbox 360 and Wii offers. PS2 is accepted though.

Inb4DarkSoulsDonkeyKongZeldaandMario

• Administrators

>RPGs and Platformers

so i herd u liek Cave Story

Although I don't really know exactly what you're looking for because I've never played Sonic Generations or Deus Ex HR... I had the original Deus Ex but I never really played it... didn't interest me.

jk just saw the 360 and Wii part. I have neither of those. goodluckbye!

Im mostly looking for something that doesnt sacrifice gameplay for story. Both those games didnt in my eyes. This mostly applies to RPGs, gameplay that isn't actionish, but isn't turn based. Or offers something completely different and isn't too different it's not fun like FFXIII.

I want something that will be 10-30 hours of gameplay. Unless ungodly replayability. Mostly platformers here.

Cave Story when better PC next week.

FFVI is best FF. Jus' 'sayian. Uh, Borderlands is pretty amazing, along with the Unreal Tournament games (UT3 to a lesser extent). Most FPS games really do well with the gameplay over story, as long as they give the full feel of the weapon (Read as Not CoD).

Devil Survivor has some great story too it. It's a megami tensei game (ie, by the guys who made persona) but the graphics and gameplay are pretty subpar. So this is NOT what you are looking for.

Other than that... I'm kinda out of the gameloop. I really enjoyed skyrim, though all the other games on both your lists (except KH2) are games I pretty much dismissed out of hand games I knew I wouldn't like.

Seriously, Golden Sun and The Lost Age for GBA. Do it if you still have a system that can play it. Other than that... I really can't say there were many games with great story and gameplay.

Well, get custom robos for gamecube and gamecube controller to play on your wii. story is ok, but the gameplay is where it gets fun.

Halo and CoD online multiplayer is where the fun is at, but not what you want if you're really looking for campaiging, even if halo coop campaign can be fun.

Dark souls... well, it's way too easy to come to dead ends and impasses. you could play 10-30 hours and not get anywhere.

Im mostly looking for something that doesnt sacrifice gameplay for story. Both those games didnt in my eyes. This mostly applies to RPGs, gameplay that isn't actionish, but isn't turn based. Or offers something completely different and isn't too different it's not fun like FFXIII.

I want something that will be 10-30 hours of gameplay. Unless ungodly replayability. Mostly platformers here.

Cave Story when better PC next week.

Umm... you can run Cave Story on a toaster pretty much. You don't need a good computer to play it.

everyone is like OMG KINGDOM HEARTS... so it gets annoying... and cyrus, paper mario and the thousand year door on game cube, or on wii virtual console, Super Mario RPG Legend of the 7 Stars

Played PMTTYD. BUT I FUCKING GOT IT TAKEN AWAY AS I WAS FIGHTING THE FINAL BOSS. FUCK EVERYTHING QQ. SMRPG maybe.

But in terms of a PC. I have an unstable PC. That's why.

Mael, FPS is getting tiring, Dark Souls I tried but I didn't like the combat, admired what it was doing though. Will look up Devil Survivor though.

Hark, why I don't like it is because of dat button pressing tiredness. That's all. It's still a good game, just thinking about it disappoints me. I might get Rayman Origins though. Also, Dragon Age had great combat IMO. I'm such a hipster, aren't I?

*Tries to remeber RPGs played*... uh... ok... RPGs are my favorite genre of gaming.....

Uh... I've played quite a lot of them... I don't remember most of them... I can't try out Xenoblade yet so I can't say... uh.................. *suppressed* I... Tales of Symphonia looked good back in it's daaaaaaaaay... but I didn't play it.........................

I got nuttin'. Though... Wind Waker? I found that very enjoyable.

• Administrators

Hurr, y i no think of this before

OKAMI, duh. PS2 over Wii if possible, Wiiremote control is herp and they removed a couple nifty features in the Wii version.

The only one I have played on your list is star ocean: the last hope (which I hated by the way no offense). But a title similar to that which I consider to be very good is the tales series. If you want straight gameplay I would go with tales of vesperia. It probably has some of the best gameplay for a RPG that I've played and it felt like a fighting game by the end of it. Characters were great, but the story fell short for me. Tales of symphonia is my personal favorite within the series but tales of the abyss is very good as well.