FE Heroes Friend ID and Discussion Topic

Maelstrom

5 minutes ago, Combat said:

Out of curiosity, how may of people here have spent money on Heroes? I could see someone maybe buying a few orbs, but I'd be interested in how many people have.

I haven't bought any ever, since the pricing is kind of terrible. If you wanted to do one full round of summoning, you'd need to pay about thirteen dollars. Five potentially three star heroes doesn't strike me as a thirteen dollar game, but I'd be interested in other peoples opinions.

I've put some change in.

I went all in and bought the 140 something orb pack when Hero Fest dropped.

I got plenty of inheretance units, Azura, and Hector.

The value of Heroes for me isn't in the game itself. If your primary entertainment from it comes from beating challenges and the combat aspect - by all means, the game has everything you need to play for free and don't spend.

Summoning sessions tend to be the most fun I have playing Heroes. I like to collect the units and I like the gamble of picking a stone and letting the RNG play out. I also really like building units with Skill Inheretance.

Collectors and serious unit builders will have a much, much better experience if they seriously consider spending some cash to gather units to work with.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Chase I don't yet, but I will. I've got a Hector waiting on the bench, but I'm figuring that while I farm sp he might as well stay there, maybe to do the armor quest later...

I also need to inherit Fortify Defense onto him, so I can have every buff on Tharja at once.

------------------------------------------------------------

oh, since you asked about tharja, here's whatcha do:

get a team, preferably involving Ephraim or Eirika, give them a Hone/Fortify, as well as a dancer with another Hone/ Fortify, and a third infantry with a buff. Speed is the only Hone you need, the Restoration unique weapon gets attack. You *can* use a Rally skill on one of these guys instead, but I'd prefer not to, I just love movement specials too much. I used Eph/Tharj/Olivia/Anna, because Tharja doesn't have much in the way of Res, so Anna can pick up the slack and take out blue mages. She also keeps Reinhardt at bay. The key, imo, is to have a tank for both physical and magical attacks--somebody who can take a hit to distract the enemy from Tharja. (Anna also deals really well with Ephraim's counters)

Using any blade mage is a team effort. You're trying to set up the exact conditions so that Tharja can KO enemies without ever being attacked on enemy phase, besides maybe a few low-powered green mages and archers. 

Best SI for Tharja, IMHO:

-keep the blade tome

-Reposition/Draw Back as the special (I prefer Repo, but YMMV)

-Moonbow is the best special, but honestly Tharj doesn't need one

-A skill should be Fury, to trigger Desperation. I don't have it rn, though--I'm currently using Darting Blow

-B skill should 100% always be Desperation. take 1 big hit and you can begin to rip through the enemy team. Even if they technically can counter you, they'll be dead before then because blade tomes are silly.

-C skill is situational, I inherited Threaten Speed 2 off of Selena when I grabbed Repo for MAX POWER SPEED. However, another skill might be better, since really standing 2 squares away from something at the start of your turn is really not Tharja's cup of tea.

---------------------------------------------

Gah, what to spend feathers on....

Barst for Frederick's weapon+Reposition?

Donnel for Effie's weapon+Drag Back?

Odin for Ursula's Weapon?

Anna, for my Tharja team?

Xander, for Horse Emblem?

------------------------------------------

Wary Fighter is a passive skill. Drag Back is a command skill. I think Effie could have both. Unless I'm mistaken.

If I were you?

Xander or getting Blarblade for Ursula.

31 minutes ago, Chase said:

Wary Fighter is a passive skill. Drag Back is a command skill. I think Effie could have both. Unless I'm mistaken.

If I were you?

Xander or getting Blarblade for Ursula.

I forget the names but there is a passive skill that drags back an enemy after you attack it. One is a command skill that pulls back an allied unit.

Whatever the name, I can take a guess as to which Fabled Asian meant.... which is not the command skill.

Admittedly I've spent some, not much, for the orbs though half the reason is to help support them. I'll admit heroes is not a bad game at all and if you don't run perfect parties or teams some of the battles can be very difficult (it's why the Xander battle was hard for me due to the bloody green horse) and the skills are very, very interesting to use. Also, hero fest is well worth investing some orbs in due to the insanely high chance for a 5 star you want. I'm debating whether or not to fork over another five orbs for a quick summon chance for Azura (though my attempt ended up with me getting Ryoma) or wait for the mage summon session.

But yeah, I might buy a pack of 20 orbs every couple months to support them, but I sure am not going to go crazy like some people have. I probably would've bought more if they were cheaper, but maybe they'll eventually run a discount rate for a special summon event. But yeah one trick I learned that I thought was dumb was only picking orbs of a hero color you want. In reality, you are just getting one less scrap unit for higher odds of getting what you want.

Anyways, the green storm has finally stopped for me and now I'm getting reds again. Seriously, all I need is Sanaki and I'd have the Lobster army (Led by Ike ironically and not Ryoma). There just aren't that many blues I really really want. Ninian and Azura for a dancer because they aren't Olivia, but none stick out as I badly want. I guess Ephiriam. But hey, I am okay with them raining 5 star sword units on me now.

I spent some money. Way too much for a game like this, but money didn't get me my Titania or Soren draws, nor my Ryoma ones... though they probably helped.

tbh, my main arena team is the same as it was at the beginning.

But I am working up units to make a better team. And as chase said, collecting your favorites is probably more rewarding that the game itself. Once I'd finally pulled an Ike and Hector... my activity on the game died down quite a bit. Now that I have them, I want to use them. But at the same time, one has to consider time and time management.

• Support Squad
2 hours ago, Commander said:

Also, hero fest is well worth investing some orbs in due to the insanely high chance for a 5 star you want. 

hA, HA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHABULLSHIT

rrrrrrrrrrg two 3 star ests in the same fucking session

10 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

And as chase said, collecting your favorites is probably more rewarding that the game itself. Once I'd finally pulled an Ike and Hector... my activity on the game died down quite a bit. Now that I have them, I want to use them. But at the same time, one has to consider time and time management.

This happened to me too. On F/GO as soon as I'd summoned Scathach my activity died right down.

I spent 0 dollars so far, idk if I'll ever plan to in the future.

Nino 3*

Gordin 4*

Sophia 3*

Chrom 4* (+Def, -HP) eh, better than -ATK + RES

Lucius 4* (+SPD, -ATK) on one hand thats the "optimal" stat for a healer, on the other hand I can't make him a 45 ATK beater.

Edited by Fabled Asian

4 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

yeah, but didn't someone say that they auto reduced the attack or damage on healers because they're healers?

Healers like Lucius and Elise can do reasonable chip damage to low Res enemies when equipped with Assault. They're not going to ORKO anything but you can sometimes see stuff like 12x2 which, for a healer, is pretty respectable. One of the main reasons I want to see an offensive staff that has high might and deals regular damage is to get some differentiation between bulky support focused healers and faster more offensive healers. Right now the only healer you should really be using is one with its stats invested in bulk.

3 hours ago, Sheep said:

Healers like Lucius and Elise can do reasonable chip damage to low Res enemies when equipped with Assault. They're not going to ORKO anything but you can sometimes see stuff like 12x2 which, for a healer, is pretty respectable. One of the main reasons I want to see an offensive staff that has high might and deals regular damage is to get some differentiation between bulky support focused healers and faster more offensive healers. Right now the only healer you should really be using is one with its stats invested in bulk.

Honestly, I'd say get ones with 3 move over bulk as a priority (Priscilla, Elise, and uh...Clarine, I think?) just due to the need for mobility. If Elincia appears as a staff user, she'd be the best staff user though no question, but I'm still hoping for a sword (would be okay with a Sword and healing abilities though). Pain is easily the best staff skill for staffs with low attack, but I definitely think a 20 mt version of assault would really help them out without really affecting the game. I mean even that can't ORKO a knight but would still do good chip damage.

Yeah mine is -HP +DEF so thats 43 ATK and 46 DEF for me and I don't plan on gving him Fortress Def, would be better on a healer or support. It's a shame he can't get Wary Fighter.

Edited by Fabled Asian

• Support Squad

Yeah fun fact, Lukas looks at the meta, scoffs at all the pesky frontliners. All of them. I don't have to fear Ike or Ryoma ever again. My own Ike the giggles like a schoolgirl when he sees an axe unit. Mages are also easy to remove with a carrot axe. And if in doubt, Olwen can zip around and surgically remove people.

I like my team a lot.

I'm just glad I gave Nowi Swordbreaker over QR a while back, so not only does Ike lose the Triangle, but he also can't counter attack me with QR.

I also want to pause my Robin-F project for the time being and work on Nino, I've got a +ATK -DEF and +SPD -DEF but I don't know which would be a better Blade user.

Edited by Fabled Asian

speed lets you double more stuff, and doubles means double blade buffs aka Things Die. imo +spd is best.

to clarify my earlier comment, I mean Drag Back the B skill....and I realized it doesn't stack with WF. -//_//- d'oh

Yeah, I'll stick to Anna, She's a really sweet anti-mage for most of the meta (since nobody uses red mages), and having a 16 mt weapon will make her much stronger.

I also finally inherited Distant Counter onto Ephraim. So. Yeah he murders the first thing that attacks into him, no matter what. totally insane burst, esp. with moonbow.

Also got the last last rank of Desperation on Anna, and ruby sword on olivia.

Ah i mean I'm just curious if she has too much speed is all, but alright. I'm also in need of some Res units so it'll be nice to have especially with Nowis, Corrins, and Ninians.

idk @doombotmecha i always see someone with Tharja or Sanaki, but atleast you got someone who can handle the units I listed earlier