FE Heroes Friend ID and Discussion Topic

Maelstrom

There's a point out of this supposed inheritance system that should be addressed.

- Duplicate units are essential to train up (as said above) because THOSE UNITS are the payment for the inheritance. For example - if you have a Lon'qu with Vantage Max and you pass that Vantage Max to Lyn - Lon'qu essentially dies in a "classic mode" run. Any unit that passes a skill is gone after doing so. This means you want to train up duplicates- as they are expendable. 

Neat things that may be possible.

- Chrom/Lucina picking up Renewal.

- Azura picking up Hone Attack from Olivia, cementing her outclassing Olivia.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, Sheep said:

How about Effie with Ignis and Renewal? :]

I kinda want to go do that in my new Rev run. Too bad Rev Effie is bad and largely unavailable..

I marry her off to Azama in that route. You might approve.

also:

IMG_0081.PNG

We don't know quite how it'll work yet so anything's guesswork. 

2 hours ago, Chase said:

I marry her off to Azama in that route. You might approve.

I do indeed approve as I also marry her to Azama in that route. Not only is the the best Mitama, it's also a conversation chain that feels right for both of them, which is especially rare for Azama as it's hard to believe anyone would fall for him with half the stuff he says. Also I use Effie even in Revelations, granted she's not as good as she is in Conquest (her bases screw he over iirc and same join chapter as Benny makes her fairly irrelevant) but I managed to get her up to speed without too much difficulty and before long she was back to kicking ass as the Great Knight that I knew and loved.

On 2/24/2017 at 0:42 PM, Maelstrom said:

Yeah, but with skill inheritance, you're gonna wanna level up duplicate heroes so you can give their skills to someone else. Also, I checked and found that 5* characters only give 1000 feathers if you send them home. That's only half of what it takes to make a 3* into a 4*, and obviously 1/20 what you need to go 5*.

I knew I should have kept my second 4* Camilla...

Honestly, it's not much but I don't mind, finishing top 40k in arena helped my feather total out quite a bit. I used a lot of my duplicates to give SP for others, but when I have like 7 of a certain character I tend to send them home for feathers.

1 hour ago, Avatar of Grima said:

Honestly, it's not much but I don't mind, finishing top 40k in arena helped my feather total out quite a bit. I used a lot of my duplicates to give SP for others, but when I have like 7 of a certain character I tend to send them home for feathers.

Where are all those orbs coming from?

Today I jumped on my phone and it told me there were 6 new heroes available in FE Heroes and then I look at the new focus and there's someone who looks like Olwen and I'm like OOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNN.

...Back to rolling.

I just played through the new sibling sidequests...

ohhhh god... where the dialogues between those characters, in their respective games, always THAT cringy???

if so, I can't remember it...

I mean Camilla to Corrin in fates was bad... but these, even those were just a few dialogue lines ... WOW...

Well, I've been training and rarifying my units, everything's going pretty well but I still don't have F!Corrin D:

I've upped Jagen and Felicia to 4 stars, and I realized something: Jagen has low Def, but really  high res. He's great for running down enemy mages for that reason.

My current levelling squad is Jagen, Chrom, Fae, and Felicia, all 4*. Chrom is a recent arrival, and he's probably going to end up as my first 5* upgrade, due to falchion. After that I might do either Camilla or Anna, idk which. The team is decent against most things but suffers vs. lance flyers and archers, purely due to the low Def on Jagen and Felicia. Feli does alright vs. flyers, and she can KO them sometimes. I hope I can get them back to 20-odd soon, so I can have Fortify Cavalry for Stahl and Cecilia.

Yo, does anyone know or know of a resource that can tell you the level and types of units on each map in story mode? I gotta kill a few more armored units for 5 orbs and today is the last day for that challenge.

nvm, I looked it up. 7-2 on lunatic has hector and another knight. 9-2 has 3 knights. Both are expensive stamina-wise.

Olwen more like Trollwen. Rolled most of what I had and got two copies of Reinhardt but no Olwen, I ain't mad 'cause he's still a mounted 5* with Dire Thunder (started typing out Dime Thunder there, damn localisations changing things) and holy hell is that a sweet combination in this game. An attack range of 4 spaces really puts a brave weapon in its element. I guess he's like Olwen in most ways, just a different personality, appearance, and name, but I haven't met Reinhardt in Thracia yet. I know him by reputation but that doesn't really stack up to a unit that I've used recently and loved using since I recruited her. We'll see what I think of him when I meet him but for now I'm definitely not chucking either of my copies, and hey, if I do still roll Olwen as well he can give her her infamous Vantage.

• Support Squad

i've hit the orb drought, my only resources are lunatic chapter 8 n 9, which both need a competent team of 40s of which i have none, and the daily orbs. time to kick back, train up Peri so i have a tactical nuke for bow users (hopefully) Lissa, Lucina and then my main squad.

I want Tharja mang.

Should I replace Merric with Nino? Nino is only 4* but she is getting as strong and fast as Merric at level 35 compared to level 40 just obviously not as tanky. I just need a better understanding of how Blade Books, as you put it, work.

Edited by Fabled Asian

9 hours ago, Fabled Asian said:

Should I replace Merric with Nino? Nino is only 4* but she is getting as strong and fast as Merric at level 35 compared to level 40 just obviously not as tanky. I just need a better understanding of how Blade Books, as you put it, work.

In most games that would be enough to drop merric but in this game, it really does take those extra 5 levels for just a few tiny gains. Chances are she'll be about the same and not better.

Roy is easier to raise than Draug, but I think Roy underperforms pretty hard while Draug does really well.

4*, lv4 24 - Roy

28 atk, 21 spd

15 def, 19 res

3*, lvl 25 Draug

22 atk, 17 spd

26 def, 9 res

Draug has brave sword, while Roy has triangle adept.

If you really need someone to pick off mages, go with roy, but otherwise he's really not good front line stuff, which he needs to be since he's not a ranged attacker. At best he's a follow up attacker to mop up what Draug left behind. He hits hard-ish and folds fast.

20 hours ago, Fabled Asian said:

Blade Books get additional Strength based on all buffs the user has.

Let's take Nino as an obvious example:

Base Stats:

30 Atk 30 Spd 10 Def 20 Res

Enemy has: 25 Res (it's the only relevant stat for him for damage calculation) - and it is a green/colorless unit to make calculation easier

30 - 25 = 5 Damage - yay... you would deal 5 damage per attack... not so thrilling...

but now, before you let Nino attack, you go and use Nowi to Rally Defence on her - which grant +4 Def to Nino!

Nino now has now 14 Def - and those 4 Points are now added to Gronnblade Strength value - which essentially boosts her damage by the same amount - 5 + 4 = 9 Damage per attack.

Now you go and add a Rally Speed, to add +4 Spd to Nino ON TOP OF it - Nino now has 34 Speed - granting her additional 4 Weapon strength -> 5 + 4(def rally) + 4 (spd rally) = 13 Damage per attack

Obviously, Attack boost is THE non-plus-ultra Buff for Blade tomes...

Rally Attack -> +4 atk would not only give you +4 attack... but +4 Weapon strength ASWELL, since it gets the same bonus as the Buff:

With all of that combined Nino would sit at:

34 Atk 34 Spd 14 Def 20 Res

Resulting in:

[34 + 4(def rally) + 4(spd rally) + 4(atk rally)] - 25

46 - 25 = 21 Damage per attack

granted this is a bit overkill since you would use every other unit to buff Nino... but since there are "at the start of turn"-Buffs it is possible to chain those together by postioning your units around Nino

(I love my Nino - she wrecks almost everything and is super cute while doing so! <3 )

14 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

Roy is easier to raise than Draug, but I think Roy underperforms pretty hard while Draug does really well.

4*, lv4 24 - Roy

28 atk, 21 spd

15 def, 19 res

3*, lvl 25 Draug

22 atk, 17 spd

26 def, 9 res

Draug has brave sword, while Roy has triangle adept.

If you really need someone to pick off mages, go with roy, but otherwise he's really not good front line stuff, which he needs to be since he's not a ranged attacker. At best he's a follow up attacker to mop up what Draug left behind. He hits hard-ish and folds fast.

Alright, thanks. I have mixed feeling about Draug just because of how slow/heavy he is, up having him team up with Olivia should kind of remedy that. My two main damage doers right now are Peri and Setsuna, but having someone to deal with green units should help. Plus it saves me time from having to grind Roy all the way to level thirty.

If all you want a swordsman for is to deal with green units then Roy will do it better than Draug will thanks to Triangle Adept. I don't disagree that Draug is a better unit overall but Triangle Adept turns you into a god against your preferred enemy.

You weren't wrong about the game cheating at higher levels. I figured I'd try for the 10th stratum training and there was a Frederick who could counter at any range.

Can't wait for the skill inheritance. I just have to wonder if you really have to raise 'em up and unlock the skills or if you can give a character the whole skill class. Like, say you have a 3* Bartre with Brash assault 2. If you give it to a higher star character, can you upgrade it to Brash Assault 3 or are you stuck with 2?

Though, tbh, I'd probably inherit smite or hammer instead of that, but you get the idea.