The Nonary Game

Amethyst

• Administrators

So, if you've been paying attention on the server the past day or two, you've probably noticed a plethora of bizarre topics popping up, numbered names dancing in and out of the server, and people- perhaps mostly myself- talking about a curious game.

This is the Nonary Game.

For those of you that have yet to play, what is the Nonary Game?

Based off of the DS game 999, the Nonary Game is an unfortunate scenario in which you must survive and escape a certain area, working with other people and solving puzzles along the way. As much as the people around you are your allies, however, they are also your enemies, and sadly, either way you're going to have to work with them if you want to survive.

Unlike the DS game though, I've re-written the game and its script for a context suitable for dealing with real people, rather than just 2d characters. This brings us the Nonary Game being hosted on Reborn- a roleplay challenge, wherein you compete alongside and against other members for a chance at winning the prize money- a grand $R3,000.

Herein lies the paradox. You need your allies to escape, but with the pot being split between any survivors, the fewer that escape, the better for you. Your actions in the game will decide not just your own fate, but each other's. And in the rounds I've run so far I have yet to see one that ends well...

In order to keep the game's experience as fresh as possible, I'm going to refrain from posting the details of the challenge here- they are only given to the players at the start of the game.

I'm also going to ask that, if the previous players want to discuss their experiences in the game, they do so using spoiler tags.

Like so:

dat room 3.

We can also use this topic to arrange future sessions. Being that a full game takes exactly 9 players, and 5 hours, it's not easy to fit one in...

This game is awesome, can't wait to play it again

Room 3 is tricky, you have to enter it with people you can actually trust<br>I knew person 8 wasn't to be trusted, person 4 was the one who did the right thing as with me

Edited by FraRPetO

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • Administrators

... Did you not see my post about posting things without contributing...?

Even then, this is outdated and you could have at least posted here instead...