SWM modular modpack [E19]

Waynolt

13 hours ago, Berlitz-sama said:
I just downloaded the mod folder and the game said that the version of SWM that was downloaded isn't designed for episode 18.2. Is that where the "additional settings" come in?

The message says that it IS designed for 18.2
As in, you are using an 18.1 or older version of the game and need to either upgrade (= redownload) Reborn or to use an older version of SWM.

• 1 month later...

Hi! I dragged the set weather mod into the data folder of Reborn 18.3 but when I load up my game and check the PokeGear, there's nothing there! I've tried redownloading both the mod folder and the actual game and it doesn't work. I've tried placing the mods back into the folder and replacing the files but it isn't working. The mod is in the data folder but nothing happens in game. Let me know if there's a solution to this!

9 hours ago, Sohaib357 said:

Hi! I dragged the set weather mod into the data folder of Reborn 18.3 but when I load up my game and check the PokeGear, there's nothing there! I've tried redownloading both the mod folder and the actual game and it doesn't work. I've tried placing the mods back into the folder and replacing the files but it isn't working. The mod is in the data folder but nothing happens in game. Let me know if there's a solution to this!

The mod has to go into Data/Mods/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hc3Mo432C0

In case it's already in the right place, please try moving the game's folder somewhere else (e.g. on the Desktop)

Hello! I wanted to ask if this modpack (or any mod in particular really) can be used for the mac version of Reborn? I was wondering, since the new download of Reborn came out for mac without requiring wineskin or anything of the sort. Please let me know ^^

3 hours ago, thatonesock said:

Hello! I wanted to ask if this modpack (or any mod in particular really) can be used for the mac version of Reborn? I was wondering, since the new download of Reborn came out for mac without requiring wineskin or anything of the sort. Please let me know ^^

You can try. 😋
Backup your savegame first, though 😅

• Thanks 1

Hey Waynolt, I'm loving the ideas of your modpack, but I have problems- Pickup will work, but not Weather and RunAway (Encounter rate) mods.

I'm on 18.2 (Void-kissed), I have Pyrolusitium, Alternate Form Pack, Battle Theme Pack files in the game.

Do you know what could be the problem? Thanks!

9 hours ago, Zanpakaio said:

Hey Waynolt, I'm loving the ideas of your modpack, but I have problems- Pickup will work, but not Weather and RunAway (Encounter rate) mods.

I'm on 18.2 (Void-kissed), I have Pyrolusitium, Alternate Form Pack, Battle Theme Pack files in the game.

Do you know what could be the problem? Thanks!

What do you mean?
Do they throw any error message?

4 hours ago, Zanpakaio said:

Nope, but the SharedPC mod would say "..only designed for Episode 18.2.." but once I deleted it there were no errors.

You're using mods for E18.1, and the newest version of SharedPC isn't compatible with them.
SharedPC from an older version of SWM might be compatible:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iuvk4uLSRV4VEMF0Gp5wdv9d5MmlZ-ez

For the weather mod:
Does the menu show up?
Does it let you change the weather?
Does it apply the change?

For the encounter mod: what did you try to do?

5 hours ago, Waynolt said:

You're using mods for E18.1, and the newest version of SharedPC isn't compatible with them.
SharedPC from an older version of SWM might be compatible:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iuvk4uLSRV4VEMF0Gp5wdv9d5MmlZ-ez

For the weather mod:
Does the menu show up?
Does it let you change the weather?
Does it apply the change?

For the encounter mod: what did you try to do?

Well, I don't need SharedPC- I just know it isn't compatible. Just really want the Encounter mod to work- I've been hunting for a Bidoof right outside the intro building (Opal Ward I believe), and it's not showing up despite having a Rattata with Run Away. (I've caught pretty much all else).

Holy crap, I just set the weather and everything started working. Thanks! I didn't know I had to do that.

Edited by Zanpakaio

@Waynolt, The 18.3 build of the game crashes on startup if the SharedPC mod is installed.  All other mods work just fine on the new engine (though the TypeBattleIcons and ShowStatBoosts mods do cause the Lvl display to move a little bit up on the HUD, but this is a very minor cosmetic change).  Is there a way to get the SharedPC mod to function on the 18.3 build, or is it not possible?

Also, is it possible to have the UnrealTime date/time display when running on real time?  I actually really like the ability to see the date and time in-game, particularly when playing in full-screen, and wanted to know if its possible to add?  Thanks. 

8 hours ago, Slippery said:

@Waynolt, The 18.3 build of the game crashes on startup if the SharedPC mod is installed.  All other mods work just fine on the new engine (though the TypeBattleIcons and ShowStatBoosts mods do cause the Lvl display to move a little bit up on the HUD, but this is a very minor cosmetic change).  Is there a way to get the SharedPC mod to function on the 18.3 build, or is it not possible?

The newest version of SharedPC should work... are you using SWM v63 - updated 16/05/2020?

8 hours ago, Slippery said:

Also, is it possible to have the UnrealTime date/time display when running on real time?  I actually really like the ability to see the date and time in-game, particularly when playing in full-screen, and wanted to know if its possible to add?  Thanks. 

Sure!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tj6H03abHb5Xeu1M2y2HNdbpsNvUOI-o/view?usp=sharing

If you're using UnrealTime then you'll have to delete that, replace it with this one, reboot, and finally enter any building.

Thanks so much!!  the updated modpack was acting a bit odd at first, since stuff like LearnEggMoves and SetWeather were crashing on boot, and TypeBattleIcons and ShowStatBoosts were crashing when entering battle, but somehow copying them in again them fixed it... no idea why/how though (maybe i just forgot to repaste one or two and was mixing them from a previous build of the modpack).  As for SharedPC, feels SO good to have that back.  Having RealUnrealTime is also amazing!!!  Thanks 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody, quick announcement:

1. SWM has been updated to episode 18.4
With "updated" I mean that I've done a full pass on the code of all the mods, with some quick testing here and there.
There is one exception: the mouse mod only got the quick testing, and not the full code check. I'll do that for Episode 19, and not sooner. Nope. It's too big, I don't have the energy to deal with it again this soon. 😭

2. Due to popular demand, UnrealTime has been split into two components, and thus the "show current time" part can now be installed separately.

So, uhm, that's all.
Thanks for your attention.

22 minutes ago, ExaminedFever said:

how do you update the mod?

Copy-paste

also, do some of the mods in the pack not work anymore?

The point of updating them is to make sure that they keep working 😋

and if so is there a tutorial on how to for REBORN?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hc3Mo432C0

hi there! sorry if this is a dumb question but i'm new to pokemon fangame mods..

i'm using your mods and i'd like to also use aironfaar's mod box. the description says these two packs are compatible, but how do i make them so?

it won't work if i put all the mods into the same folder, right?

4 minutes ago, budew said:

it won't work if i put all the mods into the same folder, right?

It will, actually. That's exactly what you're supposed to do.
A word of caution though: Aironfaar sadly hasn't been around for quite some time, and his mods may be outdated in Episode 18.4.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Waynolt said:

It will, actually. That's exactly what you're supposed to do.
A word of caution though: Aironfaar sadly hasn't been around for quite some time, and his mods may be outdated in Episode 18.4.

understood, thank you so much!

Quick notice: the previously mentioned code pass has now also been done in regards to SWM in @Commander's Redux.
The result is:
- most SWM mods should not break Redux, because they alter script sections that Redux didn't change (knowing whether Redux breaks them would, instead, require a more thorough checking and testing process)

- SWM mods that are compatible but quite redundant (i.e. ItemBan) have been left unaltered

- ExpShareFullTeam is redundant and incompatible: it will now close the game if you try to use it in Redux

- EvOverflow will now engage a "Redux compatibility" mode if it detects Redux being used

- executing the pass on the Mouse mod is still waaaaaaay too time consuming to actually be done; you can use it in Redux, but at your own risk and peril