SWM modular modpack [E19]

Waynolt

2 hours ago, Candy said:

Can I ask how to use the mods?

Do I just leave them in the Reborn folder, or do I have to do something with the Game.ini file?

I'm on mac, and am not super tech savy for these things :/

Just place scripts.rxdata (make a backup of the original first) and aaaActiveMods.ini in your Reborn/Data/ folder.

You can edit aaaActiveMods.ini to choose which of the mod's components do you want to be active.

4 hours ago, Shadow of Chaos said:

I can't but it says script load failed

or something more info i replace the original with the one from the mod.

Insert other media

Did you copy the ini file too?

It's important, the modded scripts.rxdata looks specifically for that file.

Aside from that, I don't know... maybe with some more info I could help you, but without even knowing what the error message says I really have nothing to work on to help you...

4 hours ago, Shadow of Chaos said:

Here it is I used the snipping tool.

Ok, that's a very informative error message XD

Alright, googling it I found that it can give that message if you or your computer rename one of the files... if you didn't rename any of the original or modded files, then your computer did when you downloaded or extracted them.

Please check:

> the .rxdata file has to be named exactly "Scripts.rxdata" (without the quotes of course) and placed in the "\RebornInstallFolder\Data\" folder; it's the one that already contains the original Scripts.rxdata file (failing to do this will give that error message)

> the original Scripts.rxdata can be safely backup-ed by renaming it "Scripts - Original.rxdata" and leaving it in its folder (that's what I did, and haven't encountered problems yet)

> the .ini file has to be named exactly "aaaActiveMods.ini" and placed in the same folder where Scripts.rxdata is (failing this will not give this error message but will still crash the game)

P.S. Also, which os are you on? Windows, linux, or mac?

Edited by Waynolt

56 minutes ago, Shadow of Chaos said:

Do you mean the game or the mod?

Just the mod.

In case redownloading the mod doesn't work, can you please verify that it is not the game that got corrupted?

You could do this by trying to use the original scripts.rxdata... since you mentioned overwriting it, I'm uploading the one I have backed up: https://www.sendspace.com/file/lyrivw

Edited by Waynolt

Hello i would like to try the ''AnyStarter'' choice but i dont know how to activate it.Im currently at the starter room.Should i pick a starter first or do something while im at the room?

36 minutes ago, Pozyher said:

Hello i would like to try the ''AnyStarter'' choice but i dont know how to activate it.Im currently at the starter room.Should i pick a starter first or do something while im at the room?

Pick a starter and go in the Party menu, the one where you can access info on your mons and give (or take) items; there should be an option to change your starter.

This option disappears once you leave the room.

55 minutes ago, Waynolt said:

Pick a starter and go in the Party menu, the one where you can access info on your mons and give (or take) items; there should be an option to change your starter.

This option disappears once you leave the room.

Oh i see.Thank you

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much! This mod is god-send. 

I started my umpteenth replay a couple days ago and I really like using Fire mons and well, it's been raining for a day and a half and it just became obnoxious at this point. It's not even that the couple Fire mons I use are constantly at a severe disadvantage, it's also that the rain really kills the framerate. Like, we can speed up the game now but doing so in some areas during rain rather slows you down because the performance goes to hell. In addition every battle dragons on some more seconds due to the rain animation/text, which adds up in the long run. 

edit:

Oh and not to forget the improved TMx usage. Surprised that this HM crap isn't dealt with in Reborn. Especially when the game's higher difficulty and level cap demand a more rounded team I find it near inexcusable that I've got to screw some mon with cut, rock smash and co. HM slaves are the worst. Well, I expect Reborn to do away with that natively eventually, considering how damn well designed it is overall. Until then, I'll gladly use mods like this one.

Edited by Balsa

• 2 weeks later...

Hi :) I've downloaded this mod and copied the files into right folder but when I choose "select weather" there's info: "Cannot do this right now".

I have thunderstorm weather but it's bugged since Tynamo and Blitzle aren't present where they should be. So I wanted to change it to see if it works and the Pokemon are there at all.