New moves

Summer

Friction

Type: Psychic

Base Power: ???

Accuracy: 100

Special

Max PP:15

Effect: Priority level 2. Base power based on how fast both pokemon are. Standard level is 40. Will outspeed all other priority moves, including extremespeed, and power is doubled if opponent uses one.

Speeding Blaze

Type: Fire

Physical

Base Power: 100

Accuracy: 80

60% of being burned if hit and has a +2 priority.

PP: 15

Aura Blast

Type: Fighting

Special attack

Base Power: 150

Accuracy: 85

A very powerful attack. If hit, 10% they flinch.

PP: 5

Mist remover

Type: Normal

Support

Base Power: 0

Gets rid of all hazards on the field.

PP: 20

Dark wind

Type: Dark

Special attack

Base power: 60

10% of all stats raise if it hit.

PP: 10

Edited by Shadowbolt192

Huh.. I thought there'd be a topic like this somewhere. Time to bring out my ideas!

Frozen Body

Base Power:85

Accuracy:100

Type: Ice

Physical Attack (Makes Contact)

Description: The user forms ice crystals around its body to make an icy armor and tackles the opponent with a full body tackle that has 30% chance of freezing. Uses the Defense stat of the user (Not the Attack stat)

Mental Flare

Base Power:85

Special Attack

Description: The user calls forth power deep within its consciousness and releases a mental heat wave that has a 30% chance of burning. Uses the Special Defense stat of the user (Not the Special Attack stat)

Give this to Umbreon

Spiral Flames (Not based off of Spiral Swords)

Status

Description: Summons bluish-white fire that circles around the user. Any physical contact with the user with this move up will take fire type damage(If user attacks with a physical attack or being hit by the user). Last for 3 turns. 5 turns if user is a fire or ghost type.

Void Strike

Base Power:100

Physical attack (Makes contact)

Description: The user calls upon the power of darkness and strikes the opponent. Gains +1 priority if user is Dark type.

Pulse Beam

Base Power: 120

Accuracy: 90

Type: Psychic

Special Attack

Description: User attacks by channeling mental energy into physical form. It then launches this energy in a dazzling rainbow-colored beam. 30% chance to confuse.

How good would those be?

Edited by Lunar081

I'd say most are just a tad bit OP. If you compare them to similar moves of other types, the existing moves don't have such excellent Power, accuracy, AND high chance of a status condition.

Pulse beam, to relatively equate to other moves would really be at 80% acc. (10pp if maxed out with PP Ups/max)

Void Strike- Imagine that move on a Bisharp or Weavile. Too strong for STAB and move priority.

Odd that a mental flare would use spc def instead of spc atk. Would really kill the balance if you put it on a pokemon as tanky as umbreon and several others. Exceedingly powerful, would break the meta.

Not that the vast majority of proposed moves in this topic don't suffer from being OP in one way or another.

Frozen Body- probably one of the most analogous moves are super power and hammer fist, but those have much higher power to go with a stat lowering drawback, but I can also see it as a move greatly benefited from a scarf or band for sweeping, with the defense lowering aspect good for balancing by allowing a certain vulnerability to priority attacks. The freeze rate seems a bit high and might be better balanced at 15 or 20%, but I can also see it as a possible benefit that is there to justify the stat drop and relatively low power. I feel this is your most interesting move here.

I wasn't thinking thoroughly during my analysis of my moves. Seeing your post brought up good points.

Frozen Body: I agree on the freeze rate to be decreased to 15% which is similar to ice beam. But you have to remember that most ice-types that would learn this have low defense stats. The only pokemon I could see benefits from this are Mamoswine, Kyurem-B, Walrein, Cloyster, and Glaceon.

As coverage, there is only a few pokemon I can think of: Regirock, Omastar, Golem, Shuckle, Relicanth, and Ryperior.

Mental Flare: While I agree with you on it being powerful, there are some arguments. One is the fact that most pokemon with high special defense stats that could potentially learn this move (common types would fire, psychic, dark, and ghost) usually have unimpressive coverage. Ninetales, and Umbreon are examples. Even in the sun, Fire Blast on Ninetales only does so much compared to Chandelure even without sun support. So having it's Sp. Defense be it's attacking type would benefit it. Me wanting Umbreon with this move only by slight bias. It's more because it truly needs this move to be effective. Steel types shut Umbreon down hard and Foul play or Curse/Payback will only do so much. With Mental Flare, it offers Umbreon a way to bypass bugs and steel, same as other pokemon that get shut down by one or the other like Espeon, Gardevoir, and Bronzong. Two, like Frozen Body, it has only decent power. Ninetales using this in the sun is equivalent to Gengar's STAB shadow ball.

Void Strike: This is all I'm going to say in defense. Besides Dark-Type Judgement, what is the powerful dark type move in the game? Punishment is only good after a +2 stat raise, and by that point, it's going to be KO'd easily because of said stat raise. Foul play is only good on Umbreon and Sableye. Sucker Punch is good only in situations in which the attacker is obviously going to attack, like Gengar's Focus Blast to Absol. That's pretty clear. And either way, most people know that Absol's Sucker Punch is killer, so they would try to switch into a fighting or steel type. Crunch and Night Slash are the only REAL viable options to a physical dark type or as coverage. I fully admit that the dark type priority is unnecessary, and it should at least have recoil, but it is MUCH needed on slower physical sweepers like Absol or Bisharp.

Pulse Beam: Not much is needed to be said. I completely agree with your evaluation.

Spiral Flame: I am VERY surprised you didn't critic this.

Spiral Flame is kind of like the way rough skin and similar abilities should work, ie, not just through opponent initiated physical contact, and I imagine it would probably do set damage that takes into account resistances and weaknesses akin to stealth rocks. eh, I just kinda skipped over it on accident

Infect

Base Power: --

Type: Poison

Status Move

Description: Spreads a virus that can sicken the opposing pokemon. If a pokemon has fainted after it has been infected, affects the next pokemon switching in as well. Will only affect one pokemon after the initially infected pokemon Ignores type Immunities.

Weather Tribute

Base Power: --

Accuracy: --

Type: Flying

Description: User faints. In return, the field is cleared of weather, and any weather inducing abilities/moves are negated for the rest of the battle.

Fear Screech

Type: Ghost / Special

Power: 60

Priority: -6

Description: The user knocks away the target and drags out another Pokémon in its party. In the wild, the battle ends.

Basically a specially-based Ghost-type Dragon Tail or Circle Throw. Would work well on Cofagrigus, Jellicent, Golurk and Spiritomb.

(liquid plasma)

type: electricity

power:40

accuracy:90

pp: 20

description: deals double damage(dd) towards pokemon resistant towards electricity (ground type) may paralyze target

also thinking of other attacks that deal damage to pokemon than normally resist certain types

(rusty poison)

type :poison

dd towards steel

(ground splosion)

type ground

dd towards flying

(exorcist punch)

type fighting

dd towards ghost

(ghostly trap)

type ghost

dd towards fighting

Sunder

Type:Steel

Power;120

Accuracy:80

Description: User empowers it self with magnetic energy and strikes the enemy with all its strength, 50% defense drop if user goes last 100% chance

Null Zone

Type:Ghost

Description: User creates a void where the enemy is unable to inflict super effective attacks, lasts 5 turns

Reverse Polarity

Type:Steel

Power:0

Description: by changing the polarity the user switches it's stat changes with it's opponents.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That's hugely overpowered...

Haven't thought of a name for this yet, but the idea was it prevents escape and Freezes the opponent at the cost of the user fainting.

That's hugely overpowered...

Haven't thought of a name for this yet, but the idea was it prevents escape and Freezes the opponent at the cost of the user fainting.

Hypothermia???

I got a few moves:

Flare Veil

Power:

Acc: 100

Protects the user against the opponent's attacks. Causes burn damage if touched (you take damage equivalent to if you were burned).

Thor Shot

Power: 110 (would be 120, but they nurfed shit in 6th gen)

Acc: 70

A powerful arrow-like shot a lightning that may paralyze the opponent (50%)

Spore Fang

Power: 65

Acc: 95

The user bites with spore imbued fangs that may cause flinching or induce sleep

Edited by AveMatic

Muddy pool

Type: Both Water and Ground.

Power: 0

The user turns the field into a big, muddy pool, heavily reducing incoming damage of Fire and Electric type moves, while restoring the HP of Ground and Water types a little bit. Lasts 5 turns.

Wind Force

Type: Flying

PP: 20

The user blows away the opposing pokémon, forcing them to switch out. This move always goes last and has a 10% chance to raise speed by 2 stages.

Sun Blast

Power: 80

Acc: 85

The user blasts the opposing pokémon with the power of the sun, blinding it. This has a 25% chance to confuse the opposing pokémon.

Sparkly Spores

Type: Fairy

Acc: 80

The user releases sparkly spores that have a chance to confuse, paralyze, or poison the opposing pokémon.

Hayfever

Type: Grass

Acc: 90

The user releases a giant amount of pollen, making the opponent unable to move every 2 turns.

I'm unoriginal I know.

• 2 weeks later...

Hex

User faints. Raises your team's crit stage by 1, lowers opposing team's crit stage by 1, doubles the chances of status conditions being inflicted upon the foe, and lowers accuracy by a stage. (Works similarly to Light Screen/Reflect.) Lasts 3 rounds after use.

• 2 weeks later...

Low Blow

Category: Physical

Power: 100

Description: The attacker strikes the opponent "below the belt." This attack will always land a critical hit and leave the opponent paralyzed.

My god, that is just evil.

Edited by Thirdbird

Low Blow

Category: Physical

Power: 100

Description: The attacker strikes the opponent "below the belt." This attack will always land a critical hit and leave the opponent paralyzed.

My god, that is just evil.

Needs lower power or accuracy to compensate for the ridiculous reliability.

• 3 weeks later...