M3G4 T3RR4 Isn't the First Trainer to Use Mega Evolution?

WujiKyurem

This is a bit out of the blue, but I always found it strange that the eccentric gym leader who literally has 'Mega' as her trainer tag doesn't have a Mega-Evolved Pokemon on her team -- namely, Mega Garchomp. It's actually a pretty reasonable pick-up for her, since Mega Garchomp is the only Mega Evolution that arguably makes its base form worse overall. Granted, that might be nullified by the level advantage it has on the MC's team, but nerfs or buffs to her team can be given appropriately. I still think it's a great idea. This change would primarily serve to differentiate Terra's Garchomp from Solaris' Garchomp, which is iconic at this point, let's face it. And even beyond that, Mega Garchomp hits much harder than its vanilla form while being slower (like Terra lugging around her mallet), and it just straight-up looks like a Pokemon that Terra would use. Not to mention, Garchomp is her ace. One would hope that such a unique character would have a unique signature mon.

Thoughts?

Edited by WujiKyurem

• Developers

Yep I completely agree. Besides I always thought that RAWRCHOMP is a bit too fast. With his level advantage it can easily OHKO most pokes which makes him very difficult to deal with. In my 3 playthroughs I think I always defeated him only because the AI screw up and didn't use the right move that would OHKO my Garchomp-killer pokemon.

15 minutes ago, Azeria said:

AV Garchomp works better on her field and considering Solaris' runs a sand team, Mega Garchomp is arguably more fitting for him.

That may be so, but Terra runs Hippo and Excadrill, too. If that's not enough, maybe Ame can give one of her mons Sandstorm?

Base Garchomp is more threatening anyway, all things considered. Aesthetically, Solaris having a Mega Chomp definitely works, but it should still be the case that Solaris' ace is more imposing than Terra's. Plus, PULSE Pokemon are a thing, and Team Meteor made them. Their leader having a Mega could be seen as antithetical to the purpose of the PULSE Machines.

Edited by WujiKyurem

Mega-Garchomp is probably going to be Solaris' ace, which is why Terra wasn't given one.

Other explanations I could think of is Terra being slightly too early in the game for mega evolutions, and the original Reborn League's Ground leader not using Mega Garchomp, which would justify Terra not having it either.

9 minutes ago, Alistair said:

Mega-Garchomp is probably going to be Solaris' ace, which is why Terra wasn't given one.

Other explanations I could think of is Terra being slightly too early in the game for mega evolutions, and the original Reborn League's Ground leader not using Mega Garchomp, which would justify Terra not having it either.

Ahh, I didn't think of that! Terra not using Mega Chomp irl would make this less nonsensical. Especially if Ciel really used Mega Altaria and 

Spoiler

Arclight used Mega Ampharos.

Still would be lying if I said I didn't want to see it happen, though. Lol

4 hours ago, WujiKyurem said:

Plus, PULSE Pokemon are a thing, and Team Meteor made them. Their leader having a Mega could be seen as antithetical to the purpose of the PULSE Machines.

Team Meteor probably doesn't use their personal Pokemon in PULSE machines because it's heavily implied that once the Pokemon is put in the machine, it is impossible to remove it without literally killing it. PULSEs are more useful for intensified effects on the surrounding environment rather than strictly combat, anyway.

6 minutes ago, BreezyPonie said:

Team Meteor probably doesn't use their personal Pokemon in PULSE machines because it's heavily implied that once the Pokemon is put in the machine, it is impossible to remove it without literally killing it. PULSEs are more useful for intensified effects on the surrounding environment rather than strictly combat, anyway.

I wouldn't think that it's impossible to remove a pokemon from a PULSE Machine without killing them as not only do we know of Mr Bigglesworth there is one other occasion where it is implied PULSE mons can be moved without killing them when hooked into the machine, I do agree however they usually use PULSE mons for area control/change rather than combat

Ok, now I'm confused. So I searched up some league matches from 2014. Turns out that between irl Ciel and the other in-game Mega users,

Spoiler

(Arclight and Adrienn)

none of them use the Pokemon that they Mega Evolve in-game. But irl Terra used Mega Chomp??

Check out these links:

Terra: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHFq4uJN_tA&index=16&list=PLZSnYRxyQl4rRS3AX9T4FnTXkx7FiNP5-

Ciel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FzUuDjzk9A&index=8&list=PLZSnYRxyQl4rRS3AX9T4FnTXkx7FiNP5-

Edited by WujiKyurem

Just now, WujiKyurem said:

Ok, now I'm confused. So I searched up some league matches from 2014. Turns out that between irl Ciel and the other in-game Mega users,

Hide contents

(Arclight and Adrienn)

none of them use the Pokemon that they Mega Evolve in the games. But irl Terra used Mega Chomp??

Check out these links:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHFq4uJN_tA&index=16&list=PLZSnYRxyQl4rRS3AX9T4FnTXkx7FiNP5-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FzUuDjzk9A&index=8&list=PLZSnYRxyQl4rRS3AX9T4FnTXkx7FiNP5-

This was Season 3, where Terra was one of the three Gym Leaders in the Champion Block, so she could use a Mega. The other three who could use Megas were not high enough to. IRL League Rankings were not the same as in-game ones, but Gym Leaders 13-18 will be able to use Megas in-game.

15 minutes ago, Chubb said:

This was Season 3, where Terra was one of the three Gym Leaders in the Champion Block, so she could use a Mega. The other three who could use Megas were not high enough to. IRL League Rankings were not the same as in-game ones, but Gym Leaders 13-18 will be able to use Megas in-game.

See, the funny thing is that I used to know that. I let the speculation get the better of me  :L

It goes: Entry, Low, Middle, High, Elite, Champion. IIRC.

So that would make the Elite Block consist of Ciel, Adrienn, and Titania.

I don't think Ame would give Legendaries to the final three leaders though (or even to the Elite Four for that matter), like in the real league. Or would she??

The suspense is real.

Edited by WujiKyurem

9 minutes ago, WujiKyurem said:

See, the funny thing is that I used to know that. I let the speculation get the better of me  :L

It goes: Entry, Low, Middle, High, Elite, Champion. IIRC.

So that would make the Elite Block consist of Ciel, Adrienn, and Titania.

I don't think Ame would give Legendaries to the final three though, like in the real league. Or would she??

The suspense is real.

inb4 Saphira with Mega Rayquaza, Hardy with Mega Diancie and Amaria with Primal Kyogre.

6 minutes ago, Farnsworth said:

inb4 Saphira with Mega Rayquaza, Hardy with Mega Diancie and Amaria with Primal Kyogre.

Haha yeah, I probably jinxed myself.

After E16 though, I'm pretty convinced that

Spoiler

the battle with Lin will essentially take the place of the Champion battle. So if anything, she'd probably get Based God 'banned-from-the-banlist' Quay-quay.

And PULSE Darkrai if mine and Tapu Fufu's theory about Agate City is correct.

Edited by WujiKyurem