I did it! The odds were statistically against me, but I did it!

WanderingCorvus

Alright, I finally beat the odds today.

I've been meaning to do a re-run of the game when E16 is released. Last week though, I had a thought: why not test my luck when getting the starter Pokemon? On my last run of Reborn, a fire-type starter made the early game easier as both Fern and Florinia have fire weaknesses. I also knew that I'd be facing a few poison-types early on, so psychic was also a good type to have. Knowing this I decided to go with Fennekin as my choice since it gains Psychic moves early on as Braixen. Now, each starter has a 15% chance of being female, and Reborn has an adjusted shiny rate to around 1 per every 700 (as far as I know). So, how hard could it be to get a female shiny starter?

Well, it took about two weeks and constant soft-resetting while watching Best of the Worst from Red Letter Media, but I proudly present to all the first Pokemon of my E16 party!

(It's got a Serious nature though, but its a minor drawback I suppose. No boosted Sp.Attack gains, but whatever.)

On this topic, what was your first shiny in Reborn?

post-64474-0-27276900-1479448572_thumb.png

Alright, I finally beat the odds today.

I've been meaning to do a re-run of the game when E16 is released. Last week though, I had a thought: why not test my luck when getting the starter Pokemon? On my last run of Reborn, a fire-type starter made the early game easier as both Fern and Florinia have fire weaknesses. I also knew that I'd be facing a few poison-types early on, so psychic was also a good type to have. Knowing this I decided to go with Fennekin as my choice since it gains Psychic moves early on as Braixen. Now, each starter has a 15% chance of being female, and Reborn has an adjusted shiny rate to around 1 per every 700 (as far as I know). So, how hard could it be to get a female shiny starter?

Well, it took about two weeks and constant soft-resetting while watching Best of the Worst from Red Letter Media, but I proudly present to all the first Pokemon of my E16 party!

(It's got a Serious nature though, but its a minor drawback I suppose. No boosted Sp.Attack gains, but whatever.)

On this topic, what was your first shiny in Reborn?

Thought Reborn's shiny rate was closer to 1%.

My first shiny was... err... damn it's been too long. I think it was a Rattata right beside the Grand Hall but I'm not sure anymore.

I'm not a big fan of shinies anyway, the only ones I really used were Nidoking, Marowak and Steelix.

My first shiny was..a Gulpin sadly, I have since collected a shiny Zoroark and nicknamed Sly because Sly Cooper. First try on an event pokemon too....So lucky and I love blue <3

I also have a Shiny Ekans I named....Snake for whatever reason, A Shiny porygon Names Memes4Boobs, A shiny Clamperl, A shiny Electrode named MasterBall and that's it because the shiny RNG doesn't like me.

My first shiny? It's actually on my very first playthrough, which I sadly no longer have the save for that started in Ep14 before Ep 15 was even like..half done and before 14.5: it was a Huge Power Bunnelby that went on to be basically a bash brother with my Swampert. Shiny AND Huge Power, talk about lucky. I miss Dirk the Diggersby.