Theories on Radomus?

yooorick

What do you all think he's up to? I think everyone can agree that his character is going to play a large role within the story, throughout his episode there seems to be a lot of loose ends that need to be tied, obviously like his relationship with El and Luna. Thoughts?

I believe he is related to the orphan twins and Team Meteor.

It's obvious that he at least recognized the Amethyst pendant. There's also the fact that the twins looks similar to Radomus as well. Same black hair and pink eye color.

As for Meteor, well there's the fact that he has a Meteor uniform (which he, btw, points out even in the game) is VERY suspisous.

I believe he is related to the orphan twins and Team Meteor.

It's obvious that he at least recognized the Amethyst pendant. There's also the fact that the twins looks similar to Radomus as well. Same black hair and pink eye color.

As for Meteor, well there's the fact that he has a Meteor uniform (which he, btw, points out even in the game) is VERY suspisous.

Yeah and the fact that him and El (who himself has Meteor connections) seem to be acquainted is fishy as heeeellll.

I can't bring myself to see Radomus as being evil, or even working for Team Meteor, he undoubtedly has a hidden agenda that we don't know of yet and is likely a wild card in terms of what he does, but I don't think he has aligned himself with Team Meteor and the Arceus Cult and is indeed working for the good guys.

I can't bring myself to see Radomus as being evil, or even working for Team Meteor, he undoubtedly has a hidden agenda that we don't know of yet and is likely a wild card in terms of what he does, but I don't think he has aligned himself with Team Meteor and the Arceus Cult and is indeed working for the good guys.

I'm not saying he's one of the bad guys. I just think he might've had some history with Meteor. I personally like to think of Radomus as an anti-hero.

I'm not sure, but the person we very briefly see to the far right when we first enter Agate with Cain looked like Radomus. If it's indeed him, that could mean more ties with Meteor than we imagine. Very interesting character in any case.

• Global Mods

I'm not sure, but the person we very briefly see to the far right when we first enter Agate with Cain looked like Radomus. If it's indeed him, that could mean more ties with Meteor than we imagine. Very interesting character in any case.

Those were Meteor grunts.

Well if it comes to Radomus, we really only have that one story arc starting from entering Vanhanen Castle until we enter Agate City. He obviously is tied closely to the Luna Arc which starts a tad before. So let's look at what we get and how he's presented.

Taking a look at him being a Gymleader. His field is the chess field. His deeper relation with that game is also hinted at with multiple quotes. It takes a lot of strategy, patience and planning to be good at chess. Which is reflected in Radomus' character and quotes. He's definitely a strange noodle, but he is certainly not an impulsive character. Rather he almost always waits with his actions and makes his moves when they count. His weird personality is merely another dress-up, a facade to mask his own strategy, so he can stay several steps ahead. Him changing into different clothes is just another aspect of it. After all, he'd need to have the right clothes prepared for the opportunities and when he does, he gets to fool both team meteor's invasion and even take El by surprise at Luna's exorcism in the cultist robe.

Taking a look at his ace, GossipGardevoir, he posesses a mighty weapon. It's not the pokemon, it's the fact, that GossipGardevoir is the single most omnipresent source of information for everything throughout reborn. Her being his pokemon means Radomus is the one getting the inside scoop of every major event before they make the news. Maybe he even dictates what gets published and how. This is proven almost immediately after meeting Radomus where GossipGardevoir casually mentions all of your previous accomplishments. Litterally all of the plot lines are in -his- hand. He knows what we, the players, know and a lot more.

Act 1 Puny god

So let's see how the whole Radomus Arc starts off. We meet up with Radomus and get completely exposed by GG. Radomus sends the others away to start asking us about El. A person he claims kept visiting him multiple times to get Luna back. In comes the disturbance Cain. We battle Cain, Luna comes looking for GGardevoir and Luna hands us the ransom note. Radomus' reaction is "So I'm playing black this game." He immediately knew who was playing and how they made their move. So the story unfolds and we get to the mysterious "Xanadu" as he calls it (old chinese marble city). Upon entering DittoGardevoir steals the amethyst pendant. Radomus' reaction: "Perhaps this will be an interesting game after all". Seems like he's suddenly interested once the 4 key gems get into play. Whatever the reason, he does recognise them. We progress along, get to play who's the real bad guy, kill a false god and radomus hypnotises El. With a new butler in tow we go beat his gym. In the merry after gym chit-chat Luna mentiones her crystal cavern hiding place which Radomus already knows about. That might be important later.

Act 2 There's two kind of bad guys now?

So Luna gets abducted because Elias wasn't properly hypnotised. It's questioned even by El himself as to why Radomus brought him along anyways. So we go outside and find the meteor grunt with the ugly face who's obviously Radomus. He reveals he knows of El's alignment with Team Meteor and that Luna's probably in 7th street, his other illegal side business. It's quite apparent at this point that El and Radomus knew eachother before Luna ran away from Serra. So we get tricked by Bennet, get rescued by a drug addict and rush in just in time to witness Luna's exorcism. Sure, GossipGardevoir and her awesome sidekick cult Radomus save the day. In a final farewell to El Radomus uses the phrase "Good bye old friend". Hinting even stronger at a deep past relationship. Radomus retrieves and keeps the amethyst pendant before mentioning that Cain gave him a lead. Here's where the questions start.

Which lead was he talking about? Well in the beginning of Act1 Cain disrupted our tête-à-tête with Radomus and told us he found out Heather was staying with Blake. Is that the one? Why does Radomus care about Heather? Sure it was her Ruby Ring, but we've got it now. And he sure as hell didn't rescue her.

But let's rewind back to the exorcism. El specifically tried to exorcise Luna's idea of Radomus being her father. Why? Wasn't that just a lie he thought of to trick Adrienn and potentially us? Isn't Radomus just another stepping stone in her escape from her (supposed) daddy? As it turns out probably not. GossipGardevoir revealed herself while she was taunting Bennet that she didn't care about him (who does anyways?) and her stay at Serra's was "only for Luna". What is her role in the big picture? And what does Radomus plan with her?

Also he didn't even get the pendant back from hypnotised Elias. Why? Was he trying not to force him to break character? He did show some kind of interest in it, ever since it was taken from us. But when we're already talking about that. How come GossipGardevoir knew our every step, but Radomus seemingly didn't know we had two of the four keys ourselves and met the other two key keepers Luna and Amaria?

Is Radomus on our side? He is so damn fishy. Is he a bad guy?

Let's cloud the answer with one of his quotes: "Could you play any real strategy with two minds on the same side?"

Well I've already stated, that Radomus makes a huge effort not to reveal his plots. But upon El's remark, that he has no moral compass he said: "better no compass at all than one that points south"

So what do I make of it all?

I think that Radomus is playing his own game. A game of chess. One on one by his own rules, everybody else is just a piece on the board. "So I'm playing black this game" And who does he play against? El. He's not trying to take El out by any means necessary, he even lets him act more or less freely during the match. He's making his moves on his own pace and he will return. El's not his mortal enemy, he is his counterpart. Two sides of the same coin.

Among his known pieces are GossipGardevoir, Luna, Cain and even we ourselves. Yeah, don't deny it you did his bidding running after El as a diversion while Radomus himself waits for the last moment to strike and steal the limelight. He's back in hiding. Waiting for his turn. Maybe he will make a decisive one, maybe he even sacrifices one of his pieces for the greater good. Or even worse, he miscalculates. Only Ame knows the answer to it but right now, white is on the move.

Cheers

Edited by BlackRum

On a side note, there haven't been any theories on Radomus.

So I guess I'll present my totally amazing theory: Radomus is, in fact, Kurotsune. Just think about it, have you ever seen the two at the same time? Would Ame be so cruel as to not include Kurotsune in the game after all the work done by them? Is Kurotsune a prankster with shady objectives, just like a certain personage about which this thread revolves about? If you answered No, yes, yes. Then you have undoubtedly come to the same conclusion as I, that Radomus is, in fact, Kurotsune.

I rest my case.

As for the "we are all pieces on Radomus' game" thing, I surely got this feeling from him; however I couldn't even guess what would his true intentions be. From the very start he looked like a very suspicious character for me, and I didn't want to trust him, but between trusting him and trusting El the latter seemed even less trustworthy.
This is probably just a personal pet peeve, but I find it rather creepy the way Luna calls him her "master".

This is probably just a personal pet peeve, but I find it rather creepy the way Luna calls him her "master".

I wouldn't read too much into it, it's probably just the way a maid would call the mansion owner.

On the topic, I got the chaotic good vibe Radomus, seeing he fought against El, it's a good indicator that he's not working with either the cult or team Meteor. However, the way he carried out his action is shady- like he's testing the player, and his dialogue is 4th-wall breaking. Wouldn't be surprised if Radomus turned out to be one of the major legendary pokemon in disguise.

On a side note, there haven't been any theories on Radomus.

So I guess I'll present my totally amazing theory: Radomus is, in fact, Kurotsune. Just think about it, have you ever seen the two at the same time? Would Ame be so cruel as to not include Kurotsune in the game after all the work done by them? Is Kurotsune a prankster with shady objectives, just like a certain personage about which this thread revolves about? If you answered No, yes, yes. Then you have undoubtedly come to the same conclusion as I, that Radomus is, in fact, Kurotsune.

I rest my case.

tbh I always thought Kurotsune was all the characters.

And all the pokémons too.

What a sly fox.

I wouldn't read too much into it, it's probably just the way a maid would call the mansion owner.

It just feels strange for me, considering that he "adopted" her, but I don't think there is a deeper meaning to that(although at some moment I suspected it).

The only thing I can think of, as it was already stated here, is that he most likely has his own intentions and isn't with Team Meteor, but this wouldn't rule out the possibility of him being a "bad guy", because again, "helping" us could simply be a step for him to achieve his own(hypothetical) goals. But who knows what could those goals be? Ame of course

It just feels strange for me, considering that he "adopted" her, but I don't think there is a deeper meaning to that(although at some moment I suspected it).

Again, there is no deeper intention behind it. Luna decided to play the role of a maid and voluntarily started calling him Master, just like how she played the role of a daughter together with Serra. I doubt Radomus mind-controlled her into being a maid due to how pointless of an action that would be, and with how easily she cast off the persona.

It could be one of them - its so obvious hes a bad guy that you think hes not when in reality he is, or vice versa

I personally am very unsure, he seems to care about Luna, or it could just be for his own nefarious ends, El is very sure he has her under a spell, but that could just be cos El is slightly cookoo himself

• 4 weeks later...

Reviving this. So, I heard that in E16...

Spoiler

There is a book located somewhere that contains backstory on Radomus. Has anyone managed to find it and knows what it says?

Also, I think it's super likely that we'll see everyone from the Luna arc (and Serra) in E17, given that they haven't showed up in a very long time, and there are lots of loose ends to be tied -- and if it's any indication, 5 of the 6 characters that the MC had gone the longest amount of time without seeing were involved in E16 (including Arclight, who made his story debut). Another reason is that we've seen plenty of cultists and new world orderlies without ever crossing paths with THE cult master himself, El. Finally, looking at the quote spoken to Titania from E17 teaser, the only person I can see saying it where it would even remotely make sense other than El is Sirius. It can't be Lin; we just saw her. Same for Zero, and he's clearly in no shape to jump back in the fray. It can't be Taka because he doesn't even agree with his dad's goals, let alone Lin's. I also very strongly doubt that it could be Solaris because of his line (and Sirius' follow-up) in E15 right before the raid on the Fiore Mansion. "Now, we move. For the purification of our world." "For the creation of a new one. Old fool." So I definitely see a feud there; maybe even a total disavowal of Solaris and Taka from the rest of Meteor. And then, everyone else associated with Meteor (Blake, Terra, Fern, Sigmund) is nowhere near committed enough to speak that fervently. However, that being said, it might not be Sirius either -- because even though it's been a long time since we battled him, he did at least appear in the last episode. That's much more than El can say, and I think it's safe to predict that where there's El, there's Bennett Radomus.

Edited by WujiKyurem

• Global Mods
39 minutes ago, WujiKyurem said:

Reviving this. So, I heard that in E16...

Hide contents

There is a book located somewhere that contains backstory on Radomus. Has anyone managed to find it and knows what it says?

Also, I think it's super likely that we'll see everyone from the Luna arc (and Serra) in E17, given that they haven't showed up in a very long time, and there are lots of loose ends to be tied -- and if it's any indication, 5 of the 6 characters that the MC had gone the longest amount of time without seeing were involved in E16 (including Arclight, who made his story debut). Another reason is that we've seen plenty of cultists and new world orderlies without ever crossing paths with THE cult master himself, El. Finally, looking at the quote spoken to Titania from E17 teaser, the only person I can see saying it where it would even remotely make sense other than El is Sirius. It can't be Lin; we just saw her. Same for Zero, and he's clearly in no shape to jump back in the fray. It can't be Taka because he doesn't even agree with his dad's goals, let alone Lin's. I also very strongly doubt that it could be Solaris because of his line (and Sirius' follow-up) in E15 right before the raid on the Fiore Mansion. "Now, we move. For the purification of our world." "For the creation of a new one. Old fool." So I definitely see a feud there; maybe even a total disavowal of Solaris and Taka from the rest of Meteor. And then, everyone else associated with Meteor (Blake, Terra, Fern, Sigmund) is nowhere near committed enough to speak that fervently. However, that being said, it might not be Sirius either -- because even though it's been a long time since we battled him, he did at least appear in the last episode. That's much more than El can say, and I think it's safe to predict that where there's El, there's Bennett Radomus.

I haven't seen or heard anything about a book on Radomus backstory, but there is a hidden book that has backstory of El and Solaris that explains their relationship and how they got to where they are now (in terms of beliefs).