Would you play a fangame that meshes the "real" and Pokemon worlds?

Eloquent Liar

I'm asking for a friend.

Joking aside, I'm trying to figure a good starting point for a potential fan game, and I kind of want to gauge early interest.

For context, the world-meshing would be completely plot-relevant, involving a supernatural catastrophe that occurs X number of years in the past that abducted people from the human world and threw them into the Pokemon world.

While I've read (and written) plenty of stories that follow this concept, I can't say I know of a fan game that follows this formula. I'd be game to try one out.

(Personally, I think it would be even cooler to see a game that takes place in America, and has the PC go to major cities before taking on the Elite Four in Washington DC.)

I guess it really all boils down to how well you integrate it, but it sounds interesting to me.

(Personally, I think it would be even cooler to see a game that takes place in America, and has the PC go to major cities before taking on the Elite Four in Washington DC.)

I do believe Unova was meant to be based on the U.S., and the Champion (Alder) was basically the President.

That would be cool, you say in the past but would the human realm be one where Pokemon exists as a game already? So would someone who say, grew up on Red wind up in a world already familiar or would the games not exist yet (or ever) and Pokemon are incredibly alien to people from our world?

That would be cool, you say in the past but would the human realm be one where Pokemon exists as a game already? So would someone who say, grew up on Red wind up in a world already familiar or would the games not exist yet (or ever) and Pokemon are incredibly alien to people from our world?

Good question, actually. I think it might be a mixed bag; there will definitely be people who don't know about Pokemon, but I'm not sure yet if Pokemon, as a franchise, doesn't exist at all. It might still exist, just not as such a big cultural phenomenon that it is now.

I'm getting a lot of Digimon World 3 vibes from this, and you don't even have to travel between the worlds, just the thing that you're in a virtual recreation of the Pokémon world is a really cool idea. Personally I think the possibilities it opens up for story telling are very cool, and if you want to pursue this kind of idea I'd love to play it.

Honestly it would depend on how well the game managed to mesh the two together. If the meshing felt awkward and forced, then I wouldn't play it. If it did a good job of bringing the two worlds together then I would certainly consider it.

For context, the world-meshing would be completely plot-relevant, involving a supernatural catastrophe that occurs X number of years in the past that abducted people from the human world and threw them into the Pokemon world.

Kinda reminds me of FFTA2: Grimoire of the rift. The protagonist lived in the real world and was thrown into Ivalice where he had to learn how to fight and fend for himself.

The game was alright but I do remember this very aspect of the story to feel a bit forced and unnecessary.

My point being, careful with that kind of plot because it can easily feel awkward if there isn't a very valid reason behind it.

I've played a fangame called Pokemon Glazed, which is an emulator game btw, and it sort of mixed the pokemon world and the real world together, though there were only a few moments where this occured. It was a nice concept, but the creator didn't fully implement it in a way that you actually walk through a real world, only bits and pieces of it(like a street you would find in the real world, with cars passing by, is on of the parts you are in the human world).

If you don't know the game, I highly recommand playing it, since it's actually quite long, and I've not even finished the game yet :P

Hope this helps in your search ^^

P.S. I would love to see a fangame that meshes the worlds together, and preferably something that makes it more realistic would be cool(like people from PETA being the enemy, like team Rocket, or that the "gym leaders" are the presidents/kings/whatever of countries, and you have to battle them)

• 2 weeks later...