Yikes, Tri-Attack. [Noel Battle]

Sinkaio

Holy crap. Porygon just sweeps my team with that Tri Attack. And believe me, I've tried poisoning that thing with toxic spikes set up. I've even lit the entire field on fire out of desperation. And yet those status effects do nothing to that monstrosity. Granted that I'd normally drain Noel of his Super(Hyper?) Potions whenever I set the field up. Anyway, it is apparent that none of my Pokemon can TANK that tri-attack. Even if I take that annoying Porygon off the battle. I don't think I'd be left with anyone to tank Cinccino and its 5 hit combos. BUT then we still have Clefable(Even though I haven't managed to reach this Pokemon yet, I feel that it's going to be the bane of me.)

Here's my current setup(note that they are around the level 53-54s):

Nidoking(The Lead)

Sheer Force Ability

-Earth Power

-Double Kick

-Sludge Wave

-Toxic Spikes

Arcanine(Set the field ablaze, my good companion.)

Flash Fire Ability

-FLAME BURST

-Flamethrower

-Crunch

-Outrage

Ampharos(Perhaps, you can paralyse someone with your static. No? Okay.)

Static Ability

-Discharge

-Thunder Punch

-Power Gem

-Signal Beam

Luxray(Because Ampharos can't live after 3 turns.)

Guts Ability

-Discharge

-Roar

-Spark

-Crunch

Scolipede(Maybe I can stall? No?)

Speed Boost Ability

-Venoshock

-PROTECT

-Steamroller

-Bug Bite

Geninja(She's here because...Because..Er..She's my starter?)

Protean Ability

-Water Pulse

-Extrasensory

-Shadow Sneak

-Feint Attack

*Heavy Sigh*

Perhaps train up a ghost/steel type to deal with tri attack? Another option would be to train up a fighting type faster then porygon? Reborn is the kind of game where it's often a good idea to have more then 6 pokemon and rotate them as needed. Also I really really recommend fixing up that roster. 4/6 of it is weak to ground.

Edited by Katia

Ha, you sir are having the pleasure of facing the most dreaded gym leader in reborn :o

First off train yourself a banette to avoid the conundrum of tanking tri attacks and then burn that porygon and cincinno with will-o-miss

Then get yourself a steel type to tank those 5-hit combos like magneton or kling-klang. Lastly change the field to a corrosive field with sludgewave from nidoking and pray your mans outlive Noel's. I didnt have a single tanky mon on my team when I faced him so needless to say I almost quit the game for a month. Magneton proved my saviour and Im pretty sure it will help you too

A properly trained swoobat can demolish his entire team. Swoobat's Calm mind with Simple HA is rly scary, after 3 turns, his Stored Power (breed move) has 260 base damage, and there is +300% Sp. atk bonus. On top of that a swoobat with +speed nature and speed EV training will outspeeding almost everything in Reborn.

Ha, you sir are having the pleasure of facing the most dreaded gym leader in reborn :o

First off train yourself a banette to avoid the conundrum of tanking tri attacks and then burn that porygon and cincinno with will-o-miss

Then get yourself a steel type to tank those 5-hit combos like magneton or kling-klang. Lastly change the field to a corrosive field with sludgewave from nidoking and pray your mans outlive Noel's. I didnt have a single tanky mon on my team when I faced him so needless to say I almost quit the game for a month. Magneton proved my saviour and Im pretty sure it will help you too

Goodness Gracious where do I get a magnemite? I've seen some users have them, but I can't seem to find any.

Magneton with discharge to paralyze the sucker and then it gets easy. Magneton + Hariyama can demolish that gym. Magneton takes care of wigglytuff and clefable with flash cannon, discharge takes care of swellow and paralyzes porygon if you're lucky, then hariyama can close combat everything else. :D

You can pretty much just set up on Wigglytuff. Use a bunch of X items or buffs on the mon you want while Wiggly uses up it's 10 Dazzling Gleams, then sweep his team. Recommend using an X Speed among them to be able to outspeed his mons.

Aggron can pretty much solo his team. Its in the underground cave you came out before Charlotte's. Escavalier could do the same. trade Shelmet (island that you ride boat to) to someone in spinel town and it gets boosted exp. Those two mons completely shut noel down. Just let aggron fight porygon since hp fire is a thing. Teach it super power with the move tutor and well no more normal type.

Lots of good examples here, I can also wholly recommend Swalot or Garbodor(WITHOUT WEAK ARMOR)to make Noel's life a living hell. Both get Stockpile and Acid Spray, as well as Toxic and Sludge Bomb. Sure they're one dimensional but they basically setup stockpiles on Wigglytuff, and proceed to turn the Ghibli Field into a post apocalyptic toxic wasteland. Fun! Also of note if you have some trouble deciding between both: Swalot also learns Yawn, which is great utility. On the other hand Garbodor learns Toxic Spikes and Recycle, so make of that what you will. Sometimes you just gotta bulk 'em out.

If you have access to a move re-learner, replace Arcanine's flamethrower with Close Combat. It's a physical base and the only reason you'd use a sp fire attack is to light up the terrain. Then you can sweep his team because his team overall isn't that fast.

You can also get an Aggron and completely tank that crap. Arons can be found in the dark portion of the Subway

Make sure you don't get it surviving with <50% health, otherwise its berry boosts it even further.
A well-trained and bred Gardevoir with Calm Mind works well, set up two-three CMs, then Moonblast it (chance of lowering its SpA included!). I just beat the guy rather easily with pokemon of lvl 52 and under. Magneton would also help against Swellow, Clefable and Wigglytuff (taking TWaves).