What's your favourite pokemon starter?

Red X

Well I have favorite starter in every generation and it's hard choose between them all sooo might as well just list my favorite from each generations

Gen 1: Charmander line, a fire breathing Lizard, what can I say other than that anyway

Gen 2: Cyndaquill line, it looks badass, and have quite useful hidden ability

Gen 3: this one pretty hard, as both Mudkip line and Treecko line are my favorite, but I might go for both of them

Gen 4: Chimchar, the second Fire Fighter manage to gain my interest, looks cool, and lots of useful attack

Gen 5: probably the only generation where I don't have a favorite starter

Gen 6: Greninja, it's looks and usage is the reason why I love this guy

Gen 7: Rowlet, even before it's final evolution revealed (and leaked) I found this guy to be interesting

I'll have to say Fennekin. Fennekin is small, cute, and furry, and Braixen looks like a cute witch (even if they're usually boys). And while I'm not a huge fan of Delphox's design, it's still a Psychic type, and that alone earns it quite a few points with me.

I'd say Fennekin would be my 2. favorite starter af Chikorita, were it not for my dislike of Delphox. Delphox ruined that whole evolutionary line, considering how awesome Fennekin and Braixen were.

Chimchar is my favorite overall.

For each generation:

Gen 1: Charmander

Gen 2: Cyndaquil

Gen 3: Torchic

Gen 4: Chimchar

Gen 5: I really don't have a favorite among these

Gen 6: Froakie

Gen 7: Litten

Edited by Lucky1998

I am not much of a "power player", altough I love a powerful pokémon as much as everybody else. Having that said, my favorite starter is Totodile. I love it's design, it is a charismatic pokemon and it evolves into a cool bipedal alligator. I chose Totodile on Reborn and as you can all guess, I suffered a lot but it was worth it.

As for the other generations:

Gen1: Bulbasaur
Gen3: Treecko
Gen4: Piplup
Gen5: Snivy
Gen5: Chespin
Gen6: Didn't play Sun and Moon so I don't have an opinion yet.(Would probably go with Popplio though)

My most powerful Pokémon on Reborn are probably my Competitive Meowstic and my Hustle Durant(I never used that Pokémon before and it was a pleasant surprise, that thing is a BEAST)

(Edit: Forgot to tell who is my most powerful Pokémon)

Edited by Lunatic

I feel like Charmander should be my favorite starter since it's my first pokemon but my favorite is actually Snivy. I really like Serperior's design and I always felt its personality was kinda similar to mines. I do like Charizard though it has to be my second favorite, but I guess you can say that snivy is Serperior! Haha get it?

Tyhplosion line has been incredibly good in Reborn due to flash fire and eruption. It turns one of the game's hardest fights(Charlotte) into one of the easier gym battles, provided you have solid backup. That said Typhlosion is actually my least favorite fire starter of the main games, so it's only Reborn where I have a fondness for him.

My actual favorite starter is Infernape who is quite strong in Reborn as well.