[OOC/Sign-Ups Open] Black Moon Penitentiary - The Final Bastille

Combat

“Black Moon would like to thank our investors for continuing to fund our organization and would like to procure more to strengthen the security of the galaxy.”

This can’t be happening…

This just can’t be happening…

In a sudden spasm, consciousness returned to you. How long had you been out? Why do you hurt all over? Where were you?

In a sickening instant, you remembered. Those last fateful words that you heard, right before you were pacified by the bailiffs for transfer…

“Black Moon Penitentiary.”

Pushing yourself up, you tried to get a read on where you were. On all four sides of you, imposing metal walls were connected to the floor and the ceiling, giving you about five feet of room on each side. Shakily, you got to your feet (assuming of course, you had feet, or legs for that matter,) and looked about, trying to find an exit of any kind. Unfortunately, there was none. One wall had a television screen that buzzed with static, but besides that, the room you were in was completely empty. The screen gave off enough light for you to get a closer look on the walls, although the only thing you could see were large scratch marks.

A moment before panic would have set in, the television screen changed. Your attention immediately went snapped to its black and white screen, where a strange program began to play.

“Black Moon Penitentiary, a Prison, for the Future!”

Fear turned to confusion, as the program continued to play, apparently mimicking the old propaganda that humanity had one used during the so called “Fifties.”

“In the year 3746 Prince Caragan of the Galdraecs committed an unspeakable crime. Using highly advanced Nanite technology, Prince Caragan caused a Grey Goo event on the peaceful planet of Nova Scotia Five, quickly causing the Nanites to consume all matter on the planet in order to self-replicate! This attack on a peaceful planet was met with massive uproar across the universe, as the Galactic Alliance had banned the use of Nanites as a means of warfare centuries ago.”

The issue of this situation came to what to do with the prince. Galdraec law prohibited the use of capital punishment against members of royalty since the dawn of their civilization, which prevented them from sending their plucky prince to The Melting Pot. With possible war on the horizon, the fate of the galaxy was grim, as the Galdraecs were known for their large military.

That was, until Black Moon opened its doors.

An intergalactic signal was sent out across the galaxy, advertising this new prison. The source was unknown, and after numerous investigations, no race or planetary system was given credit to the creation of it. Sitting directly in the middle of the Delta Toriga System, Black Moon was created as… to ke… no escap…”

A fit of static took over the screen, as the narrator’s voice became corrupted by the static. Stepping back in shock, you stared at the screen, which slowly faded to black. The room fell silent for a few, precious moments, before the screen turned on again, this time in faded color.

A dark silhouette moved back in forth in what appeared to be some sort of bedroom. The only source of light seemed to be coming from some sort of convenience cooker that lit up the far side of the wall. The figure moved back and forth for a few more moments, before seemingly noticing you. Turning to what you could only assume was the camera, the figure dropped the unknown items it had been holding, and slowly approached.

Despite this meeting being a basic video chat, dread began to wash over you. The silhouette walked closer and closer, before sitting down only a foot or two away from the device. The lighting in the room prevented you from being able to fully make out the form. The figure stared at the camera for a full minute, before smiling. Under normal conditions, no one would have been able to see his mouth, but your tormentor’s teeth seemingly glowed.

“They weren’t kidding; this new tooth paste really does make your smile shine.”

Whoever was talking to you, was male according to the tone of his voice. Besides that, there was no other distinguishing feature that could be made out. The figure continued to stare at the camera for a few more moments, before pressing a button. A loud, mechanical noise began to sound throughout the entirety of the room as strange light began to pour in from unknown sources. The last thing you heard, before getting forcefully teleported out of the ship that had been carrying you towards your permanent home was from the figure…

“Naught boys and girls who break the rules get punished. Welcome to Black Moon.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Black Moon Penitentiary is a maximum security prison with only one goal: Keep the inmates in.

The exact location of this prison is unknown, as all records of its location have been destroyed over the years. Along with that, 99% of the security, maintenance, and employees of the prison are robotic, so no members of the public would be able to find it even with advanced technology. New inmates are transported to Black Moon by a teleportation device which is operated by the warden of Black Moon, concealing its location even more.

Inmates of Black Moon are given surprising freedom considering the prison’s nature, the guards are programmed to adhere to strict schedules or remain in a standby mode unless of emergency (i.e. a riot [but not fights, inmates are to solve their own disputes], medical emergency, destruction of prison property, etc.). Inmates are able to roam without guidelines, for example, if a door is unlocked they can enter. The schedule of the inmates does have a stricter side, for example, while they are not required to attend meals inmates will not be able receive a “make up meal” in the case that they miss breakfast. Of course, at any time these rules may change, as the whims of the warden tend to be sporadic.

There is no actual lock down when it becomes lights out for inmates, leading them to be able to leave their cells at any time. This however is not an issue, as the only other known biological “employee” of Black Moon is released after lights out. Inmates have given it the pet name of “The Entity,” as its origins and ecological niche is largely unknown. This gelatinous carnivore will attack any inmate it “sees” (using vibrations in the area around it and electrical pulse sensors, like a shark). It will not enter the cell of any inmate, even if one that it pursuing was to enters a cell so inmates are advised to remain in their cells because, as The Warden states “blob monsters are *$#@*^% stealthy, you can’t hear those ^!@#*&%$ sneak up on you. Even I stay in after dark, that son of a @%&!@ is bloody scary.”

Inmates are put two to a cell in a coed style, the cells are twelve feet across and contain a cot on either side with a toilet and sink. The steel doors at the entrances don’t lock.

In case of the death of an inmate see CODE G

Code G: Also Known as “Oh No You Don’t, I Ain’t Finished with You Yet”

Originally, the plan for Black Moon was for it to hold various criminals from across the known universe until they eventually expired. After Prince Caragan hung himself after only two weeks of imprisonment, the warden of Black Moon decided to get creative. Contacting various scientists and spiritualists, the warden created the “Corpus Collar.” The Corpus Collar, or CC for short, is placed on every inmate in Black Moon. In the event of an inmate’s death, the collar seemingly captures the inmates spirit and causes it to become an apparition. This way, the inmate stays in Black Moon forever. Spirits are no longer bound to many mortal concerns like eating and sleeping, and is no longer under the threat of “The Entity” (although it will still try to capture them.) These inmates are mostly solid, and are able to interact with the world around them, meaning walls still work against them. Tampering with the Corpus Collar can be... Hazardous to a spirit's health, effects include but are not limited to small explosions, ghost pain (pain experienced by ghosts, duh), and/or being blasted into a parallel universe in which everyone is a puppet.

The ethics of the CC is still being debated, along with the fact that ghosts are real.

Safety in Black Moon

With no real employees working at Black Moon, the safety the general populous on the universe is in no real danger, thanks to the inescapability of the prison. As such, the warden of Black Moon proposed that the inmates be allowed to have weapons and such to defend themselves against themselves. This request was denied by the overseeing board of embassies who were in charge of the ethics at the time. Undeterred, the warden went on to have weapons delivered to the prisoners instead, despite many politician’s outcries. After being processed, inmates are given their weapons to use at free will. As the warden of Black Moon puts it “Now we’ll have less mouths to feed!”

THE WARDEN

Black Moon Penitentiary is run by a man known simply as The Warden, he controls the entire prison by means of rob-Alright, alright! We get it already! You give us money, we keep the prisoners in, blah blah blah.

Alright, I'm going to level with you, potential investors, this place ain't the melting pot. We aren't making flesh metal here, and we're not making cookies either. Though I do like baking cakes on their birthdays though! And I can make a mean wedding cake if need be as well! But really, there's not much money to be made here. It's a prison, what would you expect?

So I'm sure you're wondering why you should put money in here? The answer, is power. Sure, most political prisoners are best used for ransom. But a prison with only one entrance and no real exits? You could fill this place with your enemies!

Still not convinced?

Oh. Ok.

Check your email. Now.

Yeah, you see that. I'm sure the police and your significant other would just love to see that. How old are they, by the way? Eh, it doesn't matter. I just keep the prisoners here, not directly put more in. You know how much I'll need.

This has been your warden; I do hope you have a nice day.

The End Goal?

According to the Warden himself, the only way off of Black Moon is through the “Employee Salvation Escape Pod.” This pod however, is kept in one of the few areas prisoners are unable to reach, the Warden’s office/living quarters. Separating the warden’s quarters from the rest of the prison are four barriers. One is a plasma field powered by an unknown generator, which would need to be deactivated in order to breech. The next is a mightily vault like door made out of a metal like substance that has yet to be identified. This barrier would need to be melted through, since the only way to open it is from the inside. The third door can only be unlocked by an eight-digit pass code. Inputting the wrong code however opens up all of the air locks in the prison, removing all breathable oxygen. The last barrier requires a key, however this one is literally an oak door, and could be easily destroyed with enough force.

Inside…

Well, only the Warden knows…

Black Moon Penitentiary, a Role Play for the future, by Okami and Combat Medic.

Original Credit and Editing: Okami, Black Moon Penitentiary MK1

Editing and Consultation by TACHIBANA SYLPHYNFORD

If you’re reading this, then congratulations, you were able to sit through my written insanity. That, and you might just be interested in joining this Role Play. Honestly, I never thought an outer space prison Role Play would be my grand entrance to Pokémon Reborn’s Role Play sub forum, but here I am.

Now, first things first, this isn’t a directly Pokémon based Role Play. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, but I felt obliged to point that out. Secondly, this is not meant to be a serious RP. When I mean that, I don’t mean I don’t want effort put into it, I mean this is meant to be a dark comedy/action based one. So if you’re looking for Edgelords in Space, you’ve come to the wrong place.

This Role Play takes place in the spacefaring future obviously, so by this time, humanity has discovered many other sentient races. Most of these races were friendly, and invited the humans to join into a galactic alliance. Now, humans can be found all over the galaxy, with Earth still standing as their home world. Pretty typical stuff here, but to summarize, Black Moon can hold humans, aliens, and everything in between.

Now it wouldn’t be very gentleman like of me to flat out say anything goes for this RP. So instead, I’ll rephrase it. In this RP, you’re allowed to use humans, aliens you’ve made up, or aliens other people have made up. When I say this however, I’m not saying I want to see Chewbacca imprisoned here for littering, but nothings stopping you from using Wookie. Just try to make it “fit” into this universe. I want people to have fun with this RP, and if your opinion of fun is playing as a space dwarf, well, all the more power to you.

Boring stuff time, but rules are rules. If this idea takes off, I want all people involved to follow SOUP. Your Spelling and grammar should be readable and understandable. Your Opinion and other ideas should be put on the OOC page, which is where I think people generally put their skeletons I believe. YoU also are required by me to have fun, and not point out how I cheated in making SOUP work. Finally, you need to realize that this is both Practice for me, since I’ve never done a RP on Reborn before, and am a little scared so have Patience.

I guess that’s about it. If you’re interested, feel free to let me know. If you’re not could let me know why with constructive criticism. I’d be able to make a better one next time that might suit you more. Any and all questions and comments would be fantastic, since it gives me something to do. As for me and Okami, we’ll be waiting with baited breath.

And no, alien Morgan Freeman will not be able to help you escape with a rock pick.

Rules

1) First things first, this RP is meant to be fun for everyone, from veteran Rpers to new members to the genre. Please be nice, and try to help your fellow members if they are struggling.

2) Some people get really angsty about proper spelling and grammar. While I don’t want to scare anyone off, trying to read a misspelled mess can be challenging. Just try to type to the best of your abilities, and I’m sure we’ll be fine. I’m not going to saw you’re legs off if you put you’re instead of your. (See what I did there?)

3) Don’t post anything that would get you, or me banned/warning points. Just keep it appropriate.

4) No text talk please. I do have an issue with that. It’s sucks, not sux.

5) A character sheet, or a skeleton as I like to call it, will be attached. Follow it to the best of your abilities, but know that some things will be optional, like abilities or weapons. Use your best judgment.

6) The old rule I used to follow was keep a three sentence minimum when it comes to posts. There will be occasions when this is not available/doable, but for the most part, add some detail.

7) Don’t try to murder other people’s characters unless you are given permission, they are more or less immortal, or you have a chance to take down the Warden himself. The guard robots are free game too, but activating their “hostile sensors” is not recommended.

8) If you have questions, ask away on the OOC page. If you have an issue or an idea, private message me or Okami.

9) Feel free to give suggestions to Okami and I.

10) Please no Metagaming.

11) Elaborating on rule 3, consider this to be PG-13. That’s a safe age restriction. Go light on the alcohol, “adult themes,” and gore. Violence is fine. This is a prison after all.

The Character Sheet/Sign Up/Skeleton

(Items with an asterisk are optional)

Name: [First and last, also include any nicknames or aliases]

Gender*: [if applicable to your species]

Species: [What species you are]

Species Description*: [Only required if using a custom species]

Appearance: [What does you character look like?]

Personality: [A basic description of your character's disposition/alignment]

Abilities*: [Any abilities your character has beyond the norm for their species, like cybernetic enhancements]

Weapons*: [Any weapons your character carries]

Biography: [A description of your character's pre-prison life]

Reason for Sentence: [Why your character was sentenced, only the warden knows this]

Other: [Anything else you need to share?]

List Of Accepted Characters

Iota- Combat Medic

Matty- Okami

Scarlet- Adamance Ascendant

G'br'sh- TACHIBANA SYLPHYNFORD

Bohomus- Sutoratosu

Edited by Combat Medic

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm. Are you sure the idea I mentioned in the interest check will work? I was somewhat under the impression that there wasn't a huge need for balance, so idk.

Name: "It's Scarlet. Just Scarlet."

Gender*: Female

Age: Doesn't look any older than sixteen. Actually closer to her eighties or nineties.

Species: Human, at least originally.

Species Description*: "You haven't figured out what humans are like yet?"

Appearance: A girl with extremely long white hair, with numerous white and red ribbons tied into the ends of it, along with a larger one tying much of her hair back on the back of her head, though this still leaves a fair amount on the front and sides of her head. She's somewhat short, even for someone who is only physically around fifteen. Her eyes are red, and she wears a white button-up shirt and red trousers with suspenders.

Personality: Not incredibly talkative and sociable, though she doesn't actively avoid interacting with people; she simply prefers to listen instead of talk. She opens up a bit more once you get to know her, as one might expect, and can be quite lively, if rather tomboyish and blunt. She isn't adverse to fighting, either; in fact she rather enjoys it, and does so fearlessly. She has a tendency to hold onto grudges and can be quick to anger, a dangerous combination. She does have a somewhat charitable bent, in a grumbly, irritable sort of way, though she hasn't always been this way.

Abilities*: "I caught a turbolaser blast full on once. Sure you wanna do this?" Thanks to a combination of an experimental drug cocktail and the nanomachines included in said cocktail, Scarlet is immortal. She does not age, and heal rapidly from any injury, though she isn't actually any physically stronger than one could expect - with the exception of being able to fairly freely exert herself beyond normal limits due to not having to be concerned about the state of her body. This regeneration can bring her back from apparent nothingness - part of the reason she's in the prison and hasn't been executed.

Weapons*: Wrist and ankle-mounted flamethrowers.

Biography: "The hell do you need to know for? I'm here now, that's all that really matters." She's fairly reticent about her past, not particularly wanting to talk about it to, well, anyone. The most you'll probably be able to get out of her is that she had a pretty nasty grudge against someone once and she did a lot of nasty things because of it. Or she'll just tell you she's a health nut that ran a fried chicken stand.

Reason for Sentence: Several hundred counts of piracy and piracy-related charges, along with one major non-piracy theft and a few counts of murder.

Hm. Are you sure the idea I mentioned in the interest check will work? I was somewhat under the impression that there wasn't a huge need for balance, so idk.

That's only there to prevent any "Xer0s" (massively overpower characters) from happening. The character I plan on using could also be considered over powered, so I kind made the extra rule act as a form of self restriction. As long as we don't hit "I blow up the prison and fly away" levels of over poweredness, I'm fine with anything else.

In short, you're fine. I'm not worried about you becoming an issue with your character.

Edited by Combat Medic

OML. Xer0. We are best friends now

Also, working on a character. Do you want me to just use my current description for K'th'l or write it out in paragraph form?

Whatever is easier for you. As long as people can understand what you're playing as, it can be as long or as short as you'd like it.

I just thought of something, should we just mention that Black Moon is lenient on uniforms so inmates can wear what they choose (I find it funny to imagine like a cute little 19th century tailor shop in the middle of the prison)? I was just working on my character's profile and got to what she wears and thought of that.

Edited by Okami

So i might write a character up, but before I do, what is the pacing on this going to be like, as it isn't going to be a "traditional" RP? I have a few other RPs happening plus a fair amount of IRL stuff so i don't want to not be able to post due to time constraints.

So i might write a character up, but before I do, what is the pacing on this going to be like, as it isn't going to be a "traditional" RP? I have a few other RPs happening plus a fair amount of IRL stuff so i don't want to not be able to post due to time constraints.

The last thing I want is for my RP to feel like an obligation or a chore to anyone, so keep that in mind if you would. Anyways, for the first part/chapter, the plot should be relatively slow moving, since most of the characters will be getting acclimated to their new lives, meeting up with the other prisoners, or screaming about how they didn't do it. Once everyone starts planning on escape however, and the plot may pick up.

(I've never actually done a RP with chapters before, so I believe the first one would be devoted to the opening stages of it, leading into the next part.)

Well, someone needs to start it.

The Character Sheet/Sign Up/Skeleton

Name: Iota. The Familiar’s as a species name themselves, and often lack last names.

Gender*: Male

Age: At least 150, he behaves like a 20-year-old hopped up on sugar and/or narcotics.

Species: Familiar

Species Description*: The Familiars, An Overview: A recently discovered group of entities, the Familiars are one of the newest, and most sparely located sentient species to official enter most intergalactic alliances. Despite being listed as a widely spread species, the number of recorded Familiars only range in the low hundreds. Familiars, despite being seen in galaxies that range from millions of light years away, have rarely been seen in close proximity of each other. This, coupled by their seeming immortality, makes them a prime example of the mysteries of the universe. The Familiars were named after the legendary companions that often accompanied witches and wizards, along with their ability to appear from out of nowhere with "Refreshing".

Although several biologists have pointed out the Familiars resemble a few recorded species found on distant planets, the general consensus about Familiars is that they most closely resemble either a weasel or a meerkat. Standing about four feet tall, these bipedal creatures looks semi humanoid, besides from their tails, large ears, and large feet that resemble a meerkat, having less bones in their body that a human.

Familiars, like their weasel counterparts, are covered in about an inch of fur that provides mild insulation. Their fur color is often wildly different in shades, with some documented to have blood red, while others having moss green. Their bodies are often patterned in such a way that they will have two different types of fur colors, with one being the color of their hands, feet, ears, and lower tale, while the other being legs, the tip of their tale, and their face. Adding to the complexity, is their glow. Their "glow," as they refer to it, are parts of their body that produces bioluminescent fur. These areas, which are most predominantly seen on their chests, knees, whiskers, eyebrows, and the tips of their tales, allow the Familiars to literally act as a mobile light source. Scientists have yet to discover how or why they glow like this, but most researchers agree that it is most likely excess energy being let off by their bodies in order to keep them from decompressing due to their makeup (see below).

What could be seen to connect all Familiars together are their "Collars." Every Familiar that has ever been discovered is outfitted with a small black collar that is seemingly connected to their body. X-Rays indicate that these collars are a part of their natural biology, although they seem to lack any nerves and appear to be made of inorganic, which further raises questions about their origins. The collars cannot be removed without terminating the Familiar, leading credibility to the idea that the collar is an external organ of some sort. On every collar, a small blue light can be seen. If a Familiar is killed, this light turns red until the Familiar refreshes.

Familiars, much like the cow bird of Earth, have a habit of integrating into various groups, ranging from basic peasant villages, to mining operations on asteroids, to even the court of Empress Giglmocti. Likewise, the Familiars are often found wearing whatever is considered normal for the other species that they're living with, even if the clothes don't fit them, or have the appropriate amount of arm or leg holes.

While the improbability of finding a species and being unable to both trace their evolution or find their home world is astronomical, finding a species with such a unique ability only goes to add to that. The Familiars are mortal, in a sense of the word, and can be killed by normal means. Their interesting ability comes from after they die. Despite being mammalian (in a sense, the Familiars seemingly bleed glitter, but are most defiantly warm blooded), the Familiars body structure will collapse into "sparkles" for a lack of a better word. The remnants will then reform into the Familiar a few feet away from their death location. This ability is referred to as "Refreshing" by the Familiars, and is interestingly one of the few terms that are universally known to them, despite them being found galaxies away.

A Familiar who refreshes is seemingly the same Familiar who died, keeping the same appearance, personality, and memories of the one that was killed. The Familiars themselves claim that refreshing is a normal part of their lives, and is like losing a baby tooth. How this is done is currently unknown, though they claim that they aren't clones and that not even they know how it works. This ability acts as their only means of defense, and seems to be their method of avoiding predators. (One should note, that because of their new discovery and lack of recorded history, no real look can be seen in their evolutionary timeline. This means that if there was a species that preyed upon them, it has yet to be discovered.) Familiars that have been interviewed and asked about their predators claim that their only natural enemies usually come from other spacefaring species they've angered.

When not getting themselves into trouble, the Familiars seem to crave either attention or interaction from whatever the dominant specie(s) of the planet they are on. A Familiar will often make his or herself known, attempt to find a shelter of some sort, and eventually integrate into the society. This behavior has been seen in all Familiars, and seems to be a basic instinct for them. Why this is done is currently the second most researched questions on them. Familiars often become fully fledged parts of a society in a matter of weeks, and are often adopted by individuals who treat them as equals but also by the civilization as a whole. Several laws have been passed by various species have granted them full citizenship, while none have yet to fully bar them. (Due to their low numbers though, it is impossible to tell what would happen if more were to be discovered in mass numbers.)

Appearance: Iota stands four feet, seven inches tall, which is tall for one of his species. Recorded entry weight is currently eighty-seven pounds, and is expected to decrease over the time of his incarceration. Like all Familiars, Iota is covered in a layer of fur which acts as insulation for him. As such, Iota has two colors for his primary furs, and one bioluminescent color for his "glow" fur. Iota's hands and lower arms, feet and lower legs, lower tail, upper chest, and ears are all dark gray. His upper legs, upper arms, face, and the tip of his tail are all dark purple. As for his bioluminescent glows, his belly, inner ears, and whiskers are all black. Somehow, these areas glow.

These are two rough pictures of Iota, with and without his lab coat.

Personality: Based off of our few fully completed reports on Familiars, Iota would be placed mostly within the norm when compared to the whole of his species. Like most of the other members of his species, Iota is marked with a carefree, easygoing personality that is fueled by an almost unlimited supply of energy. Iota does act more adult like when compared to the rest of his species, however this has not lead to him being more mature unfortunately. Iota seemingly sees himself as an adult in only certain ways, which has led to at least three outstanding debts at various bars found in the Milky Way Galaxy. Despite being able to hold a civilized discussion with another sentient life form, Iota's actions seem to cause him to act much like his kin. In short, Iota talks like an adult, while he acts like a normal Familiar.

During the investigation, it was revealed that Iota was scatter brained, which most likely is one of the reasons that led to his incarceration. Thinking with a strange, almost whimsical view on life, Iota often acts in a way that disregards life, which is most definitely caused by his ability to Refresh. This has led Iota to act in slightly insensitive ways, which appears to be hard wired into his system. Iota does have a level of empathy however, and seems remorseful for the actions that lead to his crime. He doesn't however, understand why he was punished. Further psychologic work shows that Iota (like all Familiars) has a deep longing for communication and fraternization with other species, and may even wish for a partner, as evidenced by his flirting with one of the female rescue team members. Further research is required.

If placed into the alignment system, Iota would be in between Chaotic Neutral and Chaotic Good. Iota isn’t purposely malicious, and does show some degree of empathy, but he often leaves his problems behind him instead of dealing with them. In fact, Iota had spent some time with intergalactic jails before being placed in Black Moon, though none of these were life sentences. Iota is friendly, but not someone you could depend on.

Abilities*: Like every other Familiar, Iota has a collar that is blue when alive, and red when he's currently deceased. Iota's collar seems nearly identical to his kinds, though his collar acts in an unknown manner, being able to change into many other colors. Iota's collar remains in a blue neutral state at "normal" times. If Iota is to feel a sudden pitch of emotions, his collar changes to reflect the extreme emotion. While these emotions remain up to interpretation, several basic ones have been confirmed. (Dark red for rage, pink for love.) The cause of this is unknown, but thanks to its abilities, Iota has a hard time lying due to it flashing at those times. For that reason, Iota often keeps it under his lab coat in order to conceal it.

Biography: Long before Iota became the criminal he was no known as, Iota lived a simple and quiet life on a remote planet.

Just kidding, he was a literal and figurative party animal.

Iota acted as a drifter for most of his recorded life, drifting form one-star system to another, doing odd jobs during his trips. Being over one hundred years old, Iota saw many different civilizations, political struggles, and at least three coups, but for the most part, Iota kept his nose clean. Despite this, Iota occasionally was contracted by less savory individuals, which did lead to him fleeing several planets.

Approximately a week before his arrest, Iota was reported to have checked into a shelter on the planet Hydogig Alpha Prime. According to the staff there, Iota became friendly with many of the long term residents there, and even offered to help the shelter out by “getting it some new goods” and “fix that freaking leak in the hallway.” Shortly after this comment was made, Iota was contacted by DOI (see below) and began his ill-fated trip, which would eventually lead to his sentencing.

Reason for Sentence: Despite all public reports, the cause of the great contamination of Planet Subaquanit was not caused due to a vehicle malfunction, but due to detainee Iota. Iota had been contracted by Dimension Oil Incorporated to transport hundreds of galactic tons of Combination 3742. Combination 3742 is an extremely toxic and light fluid used in separating oil from other compounds, and was placed in Iota's care to be transported to a waste site. Iota was placed in a Tanker Class Ship, and was to transport the compound half way across the galaxy. Dimension Oil Incorporated, or DOI for short, had chosen Iota for two reasons. As part of an attempt to be all inclusive to various species, and because Iota was the only non-human who would take the job.

At some point during the two-day journey, Iota strayed off his intended course and failed to respond to mission control. By the time security members where sent to find him, Iota had started a direct and unstoppable crash landing towards the water planet. An evacuation was sounded, and twenty percent of the native inhabitants were able to escape before the star craft crashed. The resulting accident caused the planets water to quickly become uninhabitable, and is considered to be one of the worst ecological accidents in galactic history. Twelve percent of the local population perished due to Combination 3742 exposure during the resulting weeks (due to being in remote areas that were unable to receive aid), while numerous species of native flora and fauna were made extinct. Iota was found nearby the crash site, caught in a cycle of dying due to exposure and drowning, then Refreshing.

If it were made public that a single creature had been responsible, whether purposely or not, experts indicated that the resulting riots would be worse than the accident itself. Instead, official documents report that it had been a hardware malfunction that had caused the crash, and that the pilot had died instantly in the crash. This way, the blame would not be on one person, but the technology, which had been made by a long defunct company. DOI was publicly shut down, but simply changed its name in order to lose the public’s attention. Those who knew about the accident took a vow of silence, while others cut off their tongues.

As for Iota, those involved decided that exiling him would be too lean a sentence. Instead, they would send him to somewhere no one would ever find him.

Black Moon Penitentiary.

To this day, no one truly knows what had caused Iota to crash, and despite numerous interrogations and Refreshes, the cause is listed as "Unknown."

Other:

Likes: Technology, Communication, Most People, Sour Foods, New Friends, Open Outlets, The Color Yellow

Dislikes: Isolation, Bootleg Items, Sweet Foods, Dying, People Petting Him, Someone Named Rii, The News, Country Music

Greatest Fear: Dying for once and all, and not coming back. While all Familiars have apparent immortality, psych evaluations show that Iota fears losing his ability to Refresh, despite dying hundreds, if not thousands of times.

(When I originally created Iota, I took the idea of the Familiar’s race from a modification for the game “Starbound.” Most, if not all of the lore featured here was manufactured by myself, and is not considered canon. The original backstory for the Familiars that I created ended up being well over three pages of fake lore. I will attach it here, but reading this is optional. An abridged version of the species description will be used instead.)

The Electronic Immortals: A Study On the Familiars

Written by Professor Hirimi Shagori

The Familiars

Scientific Name: Imortilia Familiaeon

The Familiars, An Overview: A recently discovered group of entities, the Familiars are one of the newest, and most sparely located sentient species to official enter most intergalactic alliances. Despite being listed as a widely spread species, the number of recorded Familiars only range in the low hundreds. Familiars, despite being seen in galaxies that range from millions of light years away, have rarely been seen in close proximity of each other. This, coupled by their seeming immortality, makes them a prime example of the mysteries of the universe. The Familiars were named after the legendary companions that often accompanied witches and wizards, along with their ability to appear from out of nowhere with "Refreshing".

The Familiars were first discovered on Earth, by a creature who referred to himself as Circuit. Discovered in the city of Japan Two, Circuit was found living in a low income apartment complex approximately two hundred years ago. Circuit seemingly had created a life for himself, despite being an unregistered species. Alien species had integrated into human society for approximately one thousand years at this point, but a species that had not been archived at this point was a shock throughout the galaxy. Circuit, who was immediately captured and quarantined and interviewed. The following transmission is a script of the first interview. Various pieces of it have been removed for the sake of consistency.

Interviewer: "Hello, my name is Doctor Raji Carmic. Do you have a name?"

Circuit: "Umm... Yeah, I've said my name is Circuit like five times now."

Interviewer: "Very well. Can you tell me what your species is?"

Circuit: (Audible Sigh) "I'm a Familiar. Said that several times too."

Interviewer: "Can you tell me where you came from?"

Circuit: "Hell if I know doc. Hell if I know."

Interviewer: "You don't know where you came from?"

Circuit: "Honestly, I don't know. I just kind of... Exist, if you get my meaning."

Interviewer: "Intresting... So you just appeared on Earth?"

Circuit: "Nah, I stole a ship first, then ended up on this planet. And by ended up, I mean crashed into it."

Interviewer: "Do you remember when?"

Circuit: (Silent for a few moments) "About three years ago, in April."

Interviewer: (Can be heard asking a researcher to look up the time frame)

Circuit: "Trust me doc, you aren't going to get the results."

Interviewer: "How so?"

Circuit: (Audible Sigh) "Well, I guess I need to do this the old fashioned way if I want to show you."

(At this point, Circut lunged at Doctor Carmic, causing a nearby guard to neutralize him, following protocol when dealing with unknown alien species.)

Interviewer: "I told you to use tranquilizers! We aren't sure what where dealing with!"

(A loud whooping noise can be heard)

Circuit: "Hey doc, I'm back!"

Interviewer: (Audible cursing)

After several minutes of loud exchange, Circuit was able to explain his ability to "Refresh," and was eventually made into an official citizen of Earth. To this day, he can be found in Japan Two, known as a local legend and first member of his species to make contact with humans.

Species Description: Although several biologists have pointed out the Familiars resemble a few recorded species found on distant planets, the general consensus about Familiars is that they most closely resemble either a weasel or a meerkat. Standing about four feet tall, these bipedal creatures looks semi humanoid, besides from their tails, large ears, and large feet that resemble a meerkat, having less bones in their body that a human.

Familiars, like their weasel counterparts, are covered in about an inch of fur that provides mild insulation. Their fur color is often wildly different in shades, with some documented to have blood red, while others having moss green. Their bodies are often are patterned in such a way that they will have two different types of fur colors, with one being the color of their hands, feet, ears, and lower tale, while the other being legs, the tip of their tale, and their face. Adding to the complexity, is their glow. Their "glow," as they refer to it, are parts of their body that produces bioluminescent fur. These areas, which are most predominantly seen on their chests, knees, whiskers, eyebrows, and the tips of their tales, allow the Familiars to literally act as a mobile light source. Scientists have yet to discover how or why they glow like this, but most researchers agree that it is most likely excess energy being let off by their bodies in order to keep them from decompressing due to their makeup (see below).

What could be seen to connect all Familiars together are their "Collars." Every Familiar that has ever been discovered is outfitted with a small black collar that is seemingly connected to their body. X-Rays indicate that these collars are a part of their natural biology, although they seem to lack any nerves and appear to be made of inorganic, which further raises questions about their origins. The collars cannot be removed without terminating the Familiar, leading credibility to the idea that the collar is an external organ of some sort. On every collar, a small blue light can be seen. If a Familiar is killed, this light turns red until the Familiar refreshes.

Familiars, much like the cow bird of Earth, have a habit of integrating into various groups, ranging from basic peasant villages, to mining operations on asteroids, to even the court of Empress Giglmocti. Like wise, the Familiars are often found wearing whatever is considered normal for the other species that they're living with, even if the clothes don't fit them, or have the appropriate amount of arm or leg holes.

One of the greatest mysteries of the Familiars is the difference between their two genders. The Familiars, unlike many other species in the known universe, don't seem to reproduce. Their origins (see below) are as much of a mystery as their ability to "Refresh." They do however seem to have genders, being male and female which can be told by their appearances. Males have wider, fluffier tails while females have longer, less fluffy tales. While some scientists suggest that they can be identified by their head shapes, though experts agree that their tail size is the best method. Or just asking them to tell you their gender. There are no recorded instances of a Familiar in any other stage of its life, meaning all known Familiars are adults. Despite having no known need to reproduce, the Familiars have been known to flirt with other species. Research is ongoing.

Refreshing, the Familiars Signature Ability: While the improbability of finding a species and being unable to both trace their evolution or find their home world is astronomical, finding a species with such a unique ability only goes to add to that. The Familiars are mortal, in a sense of the word, and can be killed by normal means. Their interesting ability comes from after they die. Despite being mammalian (in a sense, the Familiars seemingly bleed glitter, but are most defiantly warm blooded), the Familiars body structure will collapse into "sparkles" for a lack of a better word. The remnants will then reform into the Familiar a few feet away from their death location. This ability is referred to as "Refreshing" by the Familiars, and is interestingly one of the few terms that are universally known to them, despite them being found galaxies away.

A Familiar who refreshes is seemingly the same Familiar who died, keeping the same appearance, personality, and memories of the one that was killed. The Familiars themselves claim that refreshing is a normal part of their lives, and is like losing a baby tooth. How this is done is currently unknown, though they claim that they aren't clones and that not even they know how it works. This ability acts as their only means of defense, and seems to be their method of avoiding predators. (One should note, that because of their new discovery and lack of recorded history, no real look can be seen in their evolutionary timeline. This means that if there was a species that preyed upon them, it has yet to be discovered.) Familiars that have been interviewed and asked about their predators claim that their only natural enemies usually come from other spacefaring species they've angered. Circuit, who claims to have "taken one for the team and tasted his own blood" says it tastes "sweet, but a little overbearing."

Testing on this has been halted for the time being.

Familiars and Other Societies: Perhaps due to their inability to permanently die, or perhaps because of their mysterious origins, the Familiars are considered "to be pleasantly annoying at best, or intensely intolerable at worst." -Ralkin Flak, Familiars Researcher. The Familiars tend to be energetic and sometimes childlike in their speech and mannerisms, though a few individuals have been noted to be considerably calmer. The Familiars are often considered to be optimistic extroverts filled with seemingly unlimited energy. (This may be literally true, which may explain their origins. New research is looking into wether or not they could be used as a power source.) Often curious, this species tends to act first, then maybe ask questions later. This has caused many run ins with other species that have ended in confrontations. Due to their ability to Refresh however, many of these eventually come to an agreement. This is often solved by allowing the wronged party to extract revenge a certain amount of times, allowing all grievances to be paid in blood without actually harming either party permanently. (Several more volatile or warlike species have actually made this into a sport, creating uncivilized activities like "Pop Goes The Weasel" or "Weasel Stomping Day." The Familiars involved seem to enjoy these barbaric games, saying that they like the spotlight.)

When not getting themselves into trouble, the Familiars seem to crave either attention or interaction from whatever the dominant specie(s) of the planet they are on. A Familiar will often make his or herself known, attempt to find a shelter of some sort, and eventually integrate into the society. This behavior has been seen in all Familiars, and seems to be a basic instinct for them. Why this is done is currently the second most researched questions on them. Familiars often become fully fledged parts of a society in a matter of weeks, and are often adopted by individuals who treat them as equals but also by the civilization as a whole. Several laws have been passed by various species have granted them full citizenship, while none have yet to fully bar them. (Due to their low numbers though, it is impossible to tell what would happen if more were to be discovered in mass numbers.)

Familiars found in other societies often seemingly mimic the group they've joined. Familiars can be seen wearing the appropriate clothes, working the appropriate jobs, and even eating the appropriate foods (even if the foods are toxic to them, the ability to Refresh allows them to survive even to most hazardous foods, so to speak.) When questioned on this, Familiars explain how this is just normal to them. Familiars do seem to have an inherent ability to work most advanced technologies with relatively low training, making some question if Familiars are partially technology based, though further testing is in the works. Depending on the culture, Familiars seem to change their beliefs and religions from planet to planet. While its debatable if they actually believe in them, a few Familiars have been known to have multiple religions. Currently, there are no known reports of any interspecies relationships between a Familiar and another species, though a search on the internet has given many reports to the contrary. None of these have been confirmed.

While many societies have taken to having Familiars killed a certain amount of times, several have been in-prisoned for sever crimes. Once however, a Familiar named Mega was tried for treason and exiled. This case has been called one of the most inhumane and controversial cases of exile on a sentient species that has been ever reported, and is often looked at by social experts as a lesson on the importance of researching different species and how they interact.

Approximately seventy-three years ago, the Familiar Mega launched an ill fated rebellion on the Xingi Dynasty, acting as a one-man army. As one may expect, the rebellion lasted only thirteen hours, as Mega was only armed with a few rocks and bricks, and stood no chance against the Xingi Mecha Warriors. Of course, Mega seemingly knew this, and had greased himself up before hand, making himself literally impossible to catch. Eventually however, the Warriors were able to apprehend him, allegedly using a cardboard box to hold him. Mega was tried by a jury, and would have been sentenced to death had he not been a Familiar. Instead, it was decided that he was to be exiled. A nearby planet had been partially terraformed, but due to budget cuts, the project had been abandoned after the flora had been introduced. With food and water readily available, but with no other living being on the planet, the dynasty agreed that exile was the best option.

One week after placing Mega on the planet, a remote drone was sent to check on Mega in order to keep an eye on him. What the drone saw, was unexpected. Mega had lost most of his glow, and seemingly had become insane. A meeting was held, and for the sake of ethics, Mega was brought back for further study and for medical testing. Mega seemingly had lost his ability to speak, and made no indication of being able to feel any stimulus from the researchers. At one point, a lethal injection was administered in order to see if Refreshing would reset this mindset, which it did not. Mega was placed in an intensive care ward where he remains to this day. Apparently, Familiars require social interaction, and when removed from it, causes them to lose their minds. Laws were passed shortly afterwards forbidding the exilement of Familiars, which seventy percent of all space faring species signed. A cure for the so called "Megas373" is still being researched and developed.

In Closing: When compared to the many other races that inhabit the universe, most would consider the Familiars to be a mere speck on the cosmic stage, seeing as there are only hundreds of them. In my opinion however, I find these immortal meerkats to be a prime example of the dark wonders of the universe, and how we still have barley scratched the surface of them mysteries it has presented us. Is this species the by product of some unknown force, like a "Space Wizard" as some have jokingly suggested, or are they a culmination of energies given flesh? No one knows, but further studies may be needed. For the last four years, I have shared my house with a Familiar, namely Circuit, the very same one discovered two hundred years ago. Time has not dulled him in the slightest, and in a way, has made him into an even more powerful tool for my research. It is because of this, from both my research and my time spent with Circuit can I say that Familiars are a precious resource, and should in no way be exiled.

(So ends the testimony of Professor Hirimi Shagori, Familiars Expert)

Am working on it, but it's gonna take a bit

I promised updats over the weekends, an at-least-WIP sheet for this is included in that ^^

Good to hear. Take you're time of course. I think more people prefer quality over quantity, so all is well on my end.

Well, I've got a sheet. It's not huge like that, though >.>

Don't worry, my character came to being during a chunk of free time during vacation. Lacking wireless caused me to create a long and complex backstory. Plus, a character with predefined traits is probably won't be as long as an OC (no offense meant of course.) Take your time, and have fun. That is half the joy of writing after all.

Very WIP

Name: G'br'sh (Closest pronunciation would be Gabrush)

Gender*: Male (sort of, K'th'l gender concepts are based on humans, they sort of just choose what fits them best at the time)

Species:K'th'l

Species Description*:

Biology: The K'th'l are an insect-like species that live in clusters controlled by a central hive mind. Each individual unit, called a K'th'lite, can be specialized with a variety of parts to perform different tasks for the cluster
Appearance: K'th'l clusters can form many shapes, though they generally take the form of the Earth insects their K'th'lites resemble
Communication: The K'th'n native language is comprised of a variety of clicks, chirps, and buzzes. However, most K'th'l can replicate human speech with chirps created similarly to crickets. It isn't perfect, but it is generally understandable
Technology: K'th'l technology is similar to that of humans, however they tend to try to minimize electrical devices as much as possible, especially computers
Intelligence: The K'ht'l are not a very smart species in terms of brainpower, however it is generally in their nature to collect as much information as possible in their lifespan. Some older K'th'l have been known to outpace the fastest human supercomputers at complex math problems simply due to memorization
Survivability: The K'th'l are very fragile and their K'th'lites are easily separated. However, so long as the control K'th'lite remains intact the cluster can rebuild
Average Lifespan: K'th'l are not known to die of natural causes, the oldest K'th'l currently alive is 670 years old

Appearance: G'br'sh constructs his K'th'lites in the shape of a moth with the type of wings that fold over his back, although he has no patterns of any kind on his body or wings. He is capable of bending his body backwards to allow him to interact with humanoids, however this looks very strange and disturbing to most. The high density of K'th'lites in his body is indicative of how much knowledge he carries

Personality: G'br'sh cares only for knowledge. Beyond his species' general quest to learn, G'br'sh seeks only the most tasteful knowledge, that which is currently applicable. Gossip and rumors are his sustenance and he will stop at nothing to fill his figurative belly. He generally holsd a disposition of politeness, but beneath this is a savage being who will tear you apart to get to the knowledge you have (once he took this literally and tore up a computer thinking he could get to the password-protected knowledge by looking inside the hard drive). He's generally very agreeable, willing to concede knowledge in return for the knowledge he gathers from others. He doesn't take kindly at all to requests for knowledge that offer nothing in return

Abilities*: G'br'sh has an almost unrivaled ability for constructing information networks, to the point where even within Black Moon he knows far more about events than most other prisoners. He also packs himself very densely, meaning that he's much harder to break apart than others of his species, but in return he's much easier to push and smash

Biography: G'br'sh has spent the past sixty-ish years as an information broker, trading knowledge for knowledge and making a small (read: massive) profit on the side. He constructed a rather large information empire, making him one of the largest databases of information on current events--both in the public sphere and the underworld--in the known universe

Reason for Sentence: G'br'sh managed to gather (and share) a bit too much information about Black Moon. His arrest for "slander and libel against multiple upstanding parties" is completely unrelated to this and is in no means a coverup

Other: Is largely vulnerable in terms of physical assault, as he no longer has well-trained bodyguards on detail constantly

Very WIP

Name: G'br'sh (Closest pronunciation would be Gabrush)

Gender*: Male (sort of, K'th'l gender concepts are based on humans, they sort of just choose what fits them best at the time)

Species:K'th'l

Species Description*:

Biology: The K'th'l are an insect-like species that live in clusters controlled by a central hive mind. Each individual unit, called a K'th'lite, can be specialized with a variety of parts to perform different tasks for the cluster

Appearance: K'th'l clusters can form many shapes, though they generally take the form of the Earth insects their K'th'lites resemble

Communication: The K'th'n native language is comprised of a variety of clicks, chirps, and buzzes. However, most K'th'l can replicate human speech with chirps created similarly to crickets. It isn't perfect, but it is generally understandable

Technology: K'th'l technology is similar to that of humans, however they tend to try to minimize electrical devices as much as possible, especially computers

Intelligence: The K'ht'l are not a very smart species in terms of brainpower, however it is generally in their nature to collect as much information as possible in their lifespan. Some older K'th'l have been known to outpace the fastest human supercomputers at complex math problems simply due to memorization

Survivability: The K'th'l are very fragile and their K'th'lites are easily separated. However, so long as the control K'th'lite remains intact the cluster can rebuild

Average Lifespan: K'th'l are not known to die of natural causes, the oldest K'th'l currently alive is 670 years old

Appearance: [What does you character look like?]

Personality: [A basic description of your character's disposition/alignment]

Abilities*: [Any abilities your character has beyond the norm for their species, like cybernetic enhancements]

Weapons*: [Any weapons your character carries]

Biography: [A description of your character's pre-prison life]

Reason for Sentence: [Why your character was sentenced, only the warden knows this]

Sound good so far! This is definitely one of the most creative alien species I've heard about in a long time, and actually feels like some good science fiction (instead of science fantasy.) In fact this really reminds me of the Octospiders from the Rama series.

I took a mix of inspiration from the Star Wars EU's Killiks and the Milky Way Replicators from Stargate. Eventually becoming the insectoid data storage you see here

I'm thinking along the lines of the whole "knowledge seeker" thing inherent to the species and have G'br'sh be some kind of underworld information broker

I'm thinking along the lines of the whole "knowledge seeker" thing inherent to the species and have G'br'sh be some kind of underworld information broker

That could make for a very interesting concept for a character. Especially if more information between the characters comes forward.

Name: Matty *the colors blue and yellow alternating followed by a bright red* it’s easier to just call her Matty.

Age: 22, a bit older, the stress of her crimes made Matty a bit more serious and shy.

Species: Monocu

Species Description*: The Monocu are a diminutive race from ICU-Delta, a heavily forested planet with large flora and smallish fauna. Taking a basic humanoid shape, they can almost pass for human if not for… Well everything else. The being native to a sunny planet the Monocu have developed dark maroon skin with an arrangement of bright hair colors, they almost resemble tropical plants with dark stems and colorful flowers. Then there’s the horns and earns, Monocu have short cow like horns and cow like ears that are covered in a velvety fur the same maroon as their skin. The horns provide basic defense against attackers in hand to hand combat and keep growing throughout an Monocu’s life from when they reach physical maturity (16) to death while their ears a quite a bit better than a human’s. The most shocking feature (to a human) of a Monocu would be their eyes or lack of them. Yeah, they’re born without eyes. The face of a Monocu does look quite human (ignoring the ears) until you reach where they SHOULD see, there’s just skin. I’ll get to that later. Nowadays Monocu are found throughout the galaxy. When a Monocu couple have a child they tend to give the child to the foster system for adoption as they want their baby to be able to use their abilities (like I said, I’ll get to that) from an early age. Children sometimes are given up with contact information to find their parents when they are old enough.

Appearance: Matty is about 5’4” and only 100 pounds (due to being a Monocu), she doesn’t really stick out from a crowd facially as she lacks any distinguishing features, no freckles, scars (yet), birthmarks or anything like that though Matty has a white tattoo of an eye on both her palms that she got on a whim, she likes to hold them up to her face and freak people out (she ends up looking like an adorable version of that horrifying eye creature from Pan’s Labyrinth). Her skin is the dark maroon of her species and she has the typical horns (though they are not incredibly long due to Matty’s youth). and ears, though her ears are a bit unusual as thy have a white fringe of fur on their ends which is a relatively rare recessive trait of Monocu. Matty’s snow white hair is cut in a bob and her bangs extend to right above her nostrils. Normally Monocu would proudly display their lack of eyes but the planet Matty lived on had a large human and human subspecies population, including her boss, who made several comments about his secretary’s eyeless face was off putting. She grew it out in the hope for better treatment.

Typically, Matty wears a black sundress that reaches her calves and a small black band necklace around her throat. She also wears blue tennis shoe styled shoes (she refused to wear heels, even for her boss) as they are really comfortable.

Here’s a bust shot of Matty: http://rpvoid.com/avatargen.php?id=9597&rnd=0.5187043684847084

And these are what her hand tattoos like, but white: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/c1/6c/a8/c16ca8a14d9a618f5467c5d4f745e9f4.jpg

Personality: Matty used to be a relatively light hearted girl who wanted to make everyone around her as happy as possible as she was never was in a really bad mood. She was an extrovert of course but was quite bashful when it came to the opposite gender. I say used to of course.

Her crimes messed her up. Matty suffers from major guilt, she literally has hundreds of thousands of lives weighing down on her shoulders. At first Matty was considering offing herself or asking to be sent to the melting pot to rid herself of the pain but at the mention of Black Moon and its… Unique deceased protocols she realized that dying there would make her feel guilt for eternity. She didn’t want that, instead Matty’s working to be as friendly as possible to try to make up for what she did. She’s quieter now though and quite terrified at the concept of prison so she’s going to be shy and awkward. Helpful, shy girl in prison. Can’t see how that could end up back firing. Non what so ever.

Abilities*: The Monocu lack eyes. That’s where their evolutionary advantage kicks in, a Monocu can “borrow” the sight of anything with biological eys in a certain area of them (it varies with the individual, for Matty it’s anyone within twenty feet), the telepathic bond is painless and the host doesn’t feel anything so Monocu’s can cheat at poker really easily. This ability was used when Monocu’s were hunter gatherers, they could use the sight of their prey, predators chasing them, or their companion animals used specifically for sight. It could also, as seenn in Matty’s case, be used for some very bad purposes.

Weapons*: Nothing yet, though Matty figures she should try to find at least a shiv as she has no combat experience.

Biography: Matty’s biological parents never gave her a way to contact them though it really didn’t matter to her. When she was an infant she was adopted by an intelligent terrestrial cephalopod, pretty much a space octopus with a sturdier structure. As her “parent” (she honestly doesn’t know how genders work for them) the creature gave Matty her last “name”, they were deaf and communicated with colors. Though they did learn to read Matty’s lips as she really couldn’t change the color of her skin.

Anyway, on to Matty’s adult life. She wanted to be a lawyer from a young age and was working in a well-paying internship to go to law school. She served as a secretary for the CEO of a pharmaceutical company known as Parasol (they first became famous with a treatment for severe solar radiation, hence the name). Matty knew her boss was greedy and a bit of an ass (he was pretty offensive to the women of the company) but she tolerated it. She would only have to be there for a few more months then she could go to school and perhaps take a case against this guy. For now, though Matty knew she needed to get him to like her so she changed how she looked like growing out her hair and wearing makeup despite hiding most of her face.

It was when Matty’s boss invited her to go out to a café and chat that Matty thought she was going to get a raise and be able to leave sooner, or have to do something with that man to not get fired. The second option made her sick but, as she didn’t want to get fired Matty agreed. The two had some ice cream before her boss told Matty to use the eyes of a nearby man on his computer and say what she saw. The request was easier than Matty expected, she did and rattled off several long lists of letters and numbers. When she was done her boss seemed pleased and told her to take the weekend off.

The next evening Matty and her roommate were preparing dinner and watching their entertainment programs when a news flash occurred, the planet of Terra Genti Minor had been obliterated in a nuclear attack, the perpetrator? Parasol Incorporated. It was around then that the law enforcement burst into Matty’s home and arrested her.

The trial went on forever, Matty’s roommate was from a wealthy family and had made she got the best lawyer. Matty had to agree that her lawyer, a bird man, was good, he explained that Matty didn’t know what she was doing (why would she know what nuclear codes look like?), that she was pressured by an older male authority figure, that she never did anything wrong before. But… He wasn’t enough, not when the statistics of Genti’s population was revealed. 95% were killed instantly, another 4% were succumbing to the agonizing death of radiation poisoning. The prosecutor even called up witnesses that were part of the 4%, the state they were in made Matty want to declare herself guilty on the spot.

She was guilty of course, and sent to Black Moon.

Reason for Sentence: Crimes against Life (it’s like crimes against humanity but extends to other races)

Other: “I wanted to be a lawyer. Now look at me.”

Her personality is pretty bare, sorry about that. I usually develop my characters before I write their personalities so this is pretty basic.

Her personality is pretty bare, sorry about that. I usually develop my characters before I write their personalities so this is pretty basic.

Don't worry, this looks pretty solid to me. If any new ideas come up, just let us know and you can update your character profile.

I'm also updating the accepted characters list to add Iota and Matty, since they're completed. For anyone working on a profile or who is interested in joining, do take your time. We're a patient bunch, and prefer quality over speed. Do let us know though, so we can have a few estimates. And thank you.

For anyone working on a profile or who is interested in joining, do take your time. We're a patient bunch, and prefer quality over speed. Do let us know though, so we can have a few estimates. And thank you.

I'm slowly working-!

>.> My profile is pmuch done, though I could probably flesh it out more if you wanted.

I'm slowly working-!

Sorry for rushing the two of you, I figured you both were working on yours so I was asking for anyone else who might have not mentioned anything in the interest check. Take your time!

No, I mean like, I wasn't planning on adding more, unless you wanted me to.

Oh ok. That's fine. Just post with whatever you're most comfortable posting. I'm sure its ready to be posted, only flesh it out if you want to.

Edited by Combat Medic

Age: Doesn't look any older than sixteen. Actually closer to her eighties or nineties.

Appearance: A girl with extremely long white hair, with numerous white and red ribbons tied into the ends of it, along with a larger one tying much of her hair back on the back of her head, though this still leaves a fair amount on the front and sides of her head. She's somewhat short, even for someone who is only physically around fifteen. Her eyes are red, and she wears a white button-up shirt and red trousers with suspenders.

Personality: Not incredibly talkative and sociable, though she doesn't actively avoid interacting with people; she simply prefers to listen instead of talk. She opens up a bit more once you get to know her, as one might expect, and can be quite lively, if rather tomboyish and blunt. She isn't adverse to fighting, either; in fact she rather enjoys it, and does so fearlessly. She has a tendency to hold onto grudges and can be quick to anger, a dangerous combination. She does have a somewhat charitable bent, in a grumbly, irritable sort of way, though she hasn't always been this way.

Abilities*: "I caught a turbolaser blast full on once. Sure you wanna do this?" Thanks to a combination of an experimental drug cocktail and the nanomachines included in said cocktail, Scarlet is immortal. She does not age, and heal rapidly from any injury, though she isn't actually any physically stronger than one could expect - with the exception of being able to fairly freely exert herself beyond normal limits due to not having to be concerned about the state of her body. This regeneration can bring her back from apparent nothingness - part of the reason she's in the prison and hasn't been executed.

Biography: "The hell do you need to know for? I'm here now, that's all that really matters." She's fairly reticent about her past, not particularly wanting to talk about it to, well, anyone. The most you'll probably be able to get out of her is that she had a pretty nasty grudge against someone once and she did a lot of nasty things because of it. Or she'll just tell you she's a health nut that ran a fried chicken stand.

Reason for Sentence: Several hundred counts of piracy and piracy-related charges, along with one major non-piracy theft and a few counts of murder.

Wait, did I miss this when you originally posted this? Crap, I'm sorry. This is accepted. I honestly must have not seen this when you first posted this. I'll be more aware for now on, and let me apologize once again. This is the perfect amount of detail, and will work just fine. Sorry for missing it, it won't happen again.