[OOC/Sign-Ups Open] Black Moon Penitentiary - The Final Bastille

Combat

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He edited so you probs just didn't look back. That how most people do sheets around here

And Bfroger, I'm working slowly, so getrekt c:<

Yeah, I edited it in.

All right, my mistake anyways. I'm still new to how things work when it comes to Role Plays, so that was a new one for me. Thanks for telling me!

yo, how many peeps you looking to get before ya start this up? I'm thinking about maybe getting a little something something together for this in the next few days. Wasn't quite so sure because of the Ham factor I heard in the interest check, but eh... can't have all the shit on this forum be 100% serious in the subject matter... sucks the life outta the place to be honest.

Gah, took me way longer than I imagined to think up a species. Well, lol, now I can actually get on to making the character. Expect it in the next couple of days~

Great! Once we get everything sorted out, we can get this pizza party started!

yo, how many peeps you looking to get before ya start this up? I'm thinking about maybe getting a little something something together for this in the next few days. Wasn't quite so sure because of the Ham factor I heard in the interest check, but eh... can't have all the shit on this forum be 100% serious in the subject matter... sucks the life outta the place to be honest.

Honestly, I'll take what I can get. Right now we're waiting for TACHIBANA and BFroger, but if you'd like to join, we'd be happy to have you. I would't say this RP is going to be serious per-say (Assuming Ham means what I think it is. I'm really behind with my internet lingo) since we have to immortals right now and one sociopathic warden. If we could get one more player to commit/plan on joining, all the better.

In short, this won't be super serious, and I'd love to have another player.

alrighty then, glad to hear. Let me go see what delicious smoked honey ham lunacy my mind can cook up (Ham btw, in the context we use it around here, generally just means off the wall and kinda crazy in design or execution. typically used for shit like rather comical heroes with high opinions of themselves or their potential, the calling out of attacks with varying degrees of bombasity, etc. TLDR: it's generally humorous and good natured foolishness... at least, that's what I've managed to infer from Murdoc during my time in the FEF RP) I'll have a sheet done soon...

alrighty then, glad to hear. Let me go see what delicious smoked honey ham lunacy my mind can cook up (Ham btw, in the context we use it around here, generally just means off the wall and kinda crazy in design or execution. typically used for shit like rather comical heroes with high opinions of themselves or their potential, the calling out of attacks with varying degrees of bombasity, etc. TLDR: it's generally humorous and good natured foolishness... at least, that's what I've managed to infer from Murdoc during my time in the FEF RP) I'll have a sheet done soon...

Perfect, I'm sure it will be great. Just let me know when it is done and I'll get it up on the accepted character list!

K, am done

Great, you have been accepted.

Alright man. I'm gonna warn you... there's a lot of ham here, and uh... seeing as how this is a more comedy based thing, I basically tossed most overarching concerns of balance out the window in favor of lore and ever greater amounts of ham, so... let me know if this thing goes a bit too far even for this and we can talk about what needs to be adjusted. Though, Holy shit I put a lot more effort into this thing than I ever thought I would for an RP like this... go figure

neeways... here he is, the glorious bastard from PSS... Boho...

Name: Bohomus
Gender: Male...? (At least, given his most commonly seen form, most beings end up referring to it as a "he")
Species: Watcher
Species Description:

The Watchers are a race of Energy beings said to be as ancient as the dawn of the cosmos themselves, but whom very little concrete research or data actually exists on. They appear as towering, haunting silhouettes of burning light, roughly humanoid in shape and standing at between 3-4 meters tall. It is unknown how exactly their race came to be; some theorize they were born alongside the universe, others believe that they were created by an enigmatic force known only as the Overseer, and others still that they are merely a primordial race who managed to somehow evolve past the point of corporeal existence. Regardless, one thing is certain about them: they seem more than content to sit back and watch the spectacle of interstellar-politics, however to date, all attempts to determine whether their interest in observing the interactions of lesser sentient beings is purely out of pleasure or some higher purpose has ended in [redacted]. They seem to be wholly unaffected by the bounds of time, nor by that of conventional physical forces such as gravity, inertia, friction, etc while in their true forms, even being capable of phasing in and out of solid matter at will. Just as they do not age or die, nor do they appear to reproduce, apparently maintaining the same population figure of [redacted] individual watchers as was present in the universe eons ago. It is unknown, what, if any, source of sustenance they require, and to date, no Watcher has been known to require any form of sleep or physical rest.
Harming a watcher in it's true form with any type of conventional weaponry whatsoever has proven impossible from all previous attempts and accounts of various individuals, many of whom were met with varying responses from [redacted] to [redacted] to full-scale [redacted] in the most extreme cases. From what little has been possible to observe without resorting to hostile means and thus invoking the threat of [redacted], it appears as though all Watchers generate a specialized force field which, under normal circumstances cannot be involuntarily breached by anything other than another energy field of the same nature... in other words, only another Watcher, or a weapon capable of somehow duplicating the enigmatic process by which this field operates, though to date, not even the research needed to facilitate the creation of such a device has been recorded as having been anywhere near successful, is theoretically capable of truly harming a Watcher in any lasting fashion. The only "abnormal circumstance" to this observation that has been found thus far appears to be high powered, experimental Particle-Wave device of size significant enough to make their use as anything other than Juggernaut Class ship armaments wholly impractical, which while still resisted heavily by the shield, has been shown to be capable of eventually punching it's way through if focused at high enough intensity for long enough or fired at high enough burst output. Whatever damage said weapons might inflict on the Watcher's forms themselves however, remains unknown as the Atoisian Destroyer which engaged and accidently discovered this odd exploit was promptly [redacted] before the results of the impact could be observed and logged. It is speculated though, that given their nature, even if there existed a concrete way to get past the field and "Injure" their true forms, Watchers would sustain no lasting damage and would simply begin to recover from their wound very rapidly, possibly feeling some degree of pain in the process, though in all honesty, the very concept of whether they can even feel pain at all in their true forms is... more or less just grasping at straws.
These same immensely powerful fields seem to have various other purposes aside from just serving as the first and greatest line of defense however, as they can also be used for offensive capabilities by manipulating the field's energy in various ways such as constructs, high powered blasts, bursts, explosions, etc. In addition to this, it seems that every Watcher who has been recorded has cited access to one special ability apparently unique to the inherent pattern of their Force Field, ranging from powers allowing the bending of certain physical laws, to the manipulation of concepts within the minds of other sentient beings, to the ability to project their existence across vast distances and essentially be in two places at once, to even outright psychokinetic abilities in some cases. As such, researchers have aptly named it the "Absolute Terror" or A.T. Field, due both to it's incredible defensive capabilities, retaliation potential, unknown factor given the presence of unique individual abilities, and the sheer level of carnage and anguish which can result if a Watcher is sufficiently provoked enough to unveil their true form and attack at full force. It is currently unknown what powers the AT field around a watcher, though some believe it may be some hidden construct somewhere within their form, however just as with whether they can feel pain or not, this is all just speculation at this point.
Curiously, Watchers have been observed dissipating and reforming their "bodies" into different perceived locations in a process akin to short-range teleportation, and despite being largely incorporeal energy beings by nature, it seems that Watchers are in fact capable of maintaining physical forms if they so choose, with their options of appearance for said form apparently ranging from any sentient race the individual Watcher has observed before. While in physical form however, they are only able to access a fraction of their true power, though certain traits such as the ability to dissipate and reform elsewhere in the general vicinity instantaneously, and the unique capabilities of their individual AT field seem to linger. That said though, it seems that their physical forms are in fact susceptible to influence of physical laws unlike their true form, and also are just as susceptible to conventional weaponry as any member of the species whose form they take on. Injuries afflicted on these physical forms however, still seem to have no translation to the Watcher's true form, as even if sufficiently damaged to the point of annihilation, it is common for a watcher to either simply reform themselves in the same body somewhere nearby in renewed state, or simply choose a new form altogether without batting an eye. It seems they prefer such forms when meeting and mingling with sentient lifeforms, whom the vast majority of the time never even suspect the true nature of the individuals they are interacting with.
That said though, It should be of note that for the most part, all recorded encounters with known watchers has generally described them as non-aggressive by nature, only ever taking any sort of hostile action after sufficient magnitudes of provocation, and even then having only resorted to showing their true forms and power in cases of extreme confrontation. True to their name, it seems that rather than engage in open conflict with lesser beings whom they could stomp like ants if they so desired, they prefer to instead... just watch and mingle. Quite the contrary to what their ultimate responses to past agitations might suggest, they in fact seem at their core to be universally whimsical, curious, and in some cases even rather bombastic until poked one too many times. Very little concrete facts are known about what, if one exists at all, hierarchy the Watchers are governed by however, and in the past all attempts to inquire about it have been met with either cunning evasion techniques to dodge the question, or in some cases the outright changing of the topic and refusal to acknowledge the question at all.

Appearance:

While in his true form, Boho appears as a 4 meter tall, shimmering humanoid apparition of green light with twin slights of black void serving as eyes and no other discernable facial features. His limbs are elongated and oddly proportioned, with spindling arms and legs that seem to end without any hands or feets, and he is capable of altering his brightness at will from a blinding shine to a dim flicker.
Like all Watchers though, Boho has many other forms beside his true one, however his favorite and most used one seems to be that of a Caucasian Human male in his mid-thirties, wearing his hair styled in a Afro with a horseshoe mustache and pitch black shades which seem to be unremovable without Boho voluntarily doing it himself. This human male typically manifests donning an all white, heel length long coat with an all black jumpsuit underneath, similar to what spacers of the days of old might where beneath their protective suits.

Personality:

"What? we're just like bees; just wanna see whatcha doin. I ain't much different. Ya know, you fleshies are real interesting, especially those humans... so ya exactly can't blame us for getting' curious and wanting to poke our head over the white picket fence and say hey to the nutty neighbors. What? Me? I'm just your average Watcher, buddy boy. I watch, I observe, and a lot of the time, I mingle. Because hey, it's just fun to mingle, you'd get bored too, if you spent your entire existence just watching the same spot of paint drying on a wall without doing anything else, kid. Yeah, that's right, I called ya kid. I call everyone who ain't a watcher kid, because to us, you're all just little kids anyway. What? Higher purpose, all seeing and all hearing Eyes and Ears, vessels to bring about the judgement of all sentient lifeforms? Naaaaaah, no way buddy, you're overthinking this whole thing about my kind, like I said... we're just like bees... We only want to see what naughty and terrible things ya'll will do to each other if left to your own devices."

Abilities:

"Gravity, kid. Gravity is my jam, my bread and my butter. Make you heavier, lighter, crush you from the inside or just cause you to implode in on yourself... yeah, gravity is a nasty bitch to deal with in the wrong hands, ain't it?" Boho's unique ability as a watcher is, put quite simply, the manipulation of gravity. His AT field allows him to sense, create, shape, and control Gravitation and Gravitons. With it's applications, he can accomplish a variety of things, such as increasing or decreasing the weight of an object, forcing objects to fall in a given direction rather than towards pre-existing gravity sources via Nexus Inducing, crushing objects by increasing the G-force acting on them, and even creating miniature black holes to compress objects into total and utter oblivion. He can choose whether to include or exclude himself from the effects created at will, and given the nature of gravitation, he can repel and attract matter and energy regardless of mass and even move objects in a manner eerily similar to telekinesis. His exact power level however, differs depending on the form he dons; when in his true form, he once managed to cause an entire space station to implode upon itself by creating a miniature black hole in it's gravity well with relative ease as he watched from a significant distance away. Unfortunately, as with most watchers, measuring the full extent of his unrestrained power is... well, largely impossible without Boho's extensive cooperation, though honestly, though going off the feats of the most extreme cases of recorded Watcher agitation in the past... it is likely that he could potentially exert his power on a Planetary Scale if sufficiently angered.
While taking on a physical form however, he is only able to access an incredibly small fraction of his true power, and his range is significantly decreased as a result, capable of manipulating gravitation within his general vicinity or line of sight up to 150 meters.

Weapons:

"Weapons, Schmeapons. I ain't need any weapons kid, hell, my field does a good enough job of scaring most folks looking for trouble off anyway. What do I need to carry some paper weight like a blaster or plas-saber around for when my peeps have the best damn defense and counter mechanism ever developed by any sentient life form? Plus it's funnier to just smack fools around with a bit of gravity."

Biography:

"Are you crazy kid? If ol' Boho were to sit here and regale ya with all the tales of his marvelous misadventures over the eons, all the planets I don seen rise and fall, all the wars fought and lost, all the names and the faces and the people, we'd be sitting here for the next ten thousand cycles! And I wouldn't even be halfway done!" Needless to say, trying to recount the entire personal history of a roaming being literally old enough to have watched the first stars bloom into existence is a bit... impractical. It's not like Boho is adverse to sharing his story, no, quite the contrary... it's just that you better have a damn long time to sit down and listen, because long as hell though it has been, this Watcher recalls every last detail of all he has seen, and he's not gonna let you leave until you have the majority of em too.

Reason for Sentence:

"They told me it was the closest thing to suicide one of us could do! They said 'ya'll never escape boho, those collars mess with things mortals ought naught dabble in! You'll be no better than a fleshy inside those walls!'! Well, I said screw it, I want to know me something about just what goes on in the oh so legendary Blackmoon Pen, and besides, even if that bit about those collars are true and it turns me all solid and I can't just phase through stuff like I normally would, I can wait... waiting is what we do best after all. So yeah, the next thing ya know, I'm venturing through space looking for some stuff to blow up and get some attention from the local Law Folks, and wouldn't ya know it if I didn't happen upon the perfect thing; a derelict research station filled with server bots trying to fix the place up enough to reclaim it. Now, I know, I know, this next part was mean but, hey, it did the trick! I turned my field onto that sucker, and just blasted it; gave her the old one two one-two, and man did that thing make the most beautiful implosion as the whole thing just collapsed in on itself and was just wiped away... neeways, after that I just sat there and waited till someone came up from the surface to investigate, changed myself down to a human form to let them cuff me, and well... here we are, kid. Talking in this little cell..."

Other: Due to the effects of the Corpus Collar, Boho's true form is forced to be subject to physical laws such as momentum, friction, pressure, etc that under normal circumstances he would be immune to. This in turn renders him unable to phase through solid matter at will like he usually would when in his true form, however does not seem to adversely affect any of his other innate abilities as a Watcher.

Alright man. I'm gonna warn you... there's a lot of ham here, and uh... seeing as how this is a more comedy based thing, I basically tossed most overarching concerns of balance out the window in favor of lore and ever greater amounts of ham, so... let me know if this thing goes a bit too far even for this and we can talk about what needs to be adjusted. Though, Holy shit I put a lot more effort into this thing than I ever thought I would for an RP like this... go figure

neeways... here he is, the glorious bastard from PSS... Boho...

Wow. I was not expecting something like this. This is accepted, and I would say that you did balance him out in a proper way to make him work while retaining his character. Thanks for getting this in so quickly, I love it.

For everyone else, I'd estimate that this might be starting around Wednesday, assuming everything goes to plan. I need to get the IC page and the intro started, but life might throw a curve ball at me, so who knows. I'd also like to give any stragglers some time to get their characters done too.

On an unrelated note, once this gets started, do you think I should close the sign-up page? Technically speaking, it could remain open since a prison doesn't really "close," and new inmates would probably be arriving everyday. I just wanted some community feedback, so that's why I'm asking.

Well man, glad ya like him then XD. Oh the fun I will have with old boho. Damn, has it been too long since I last ran a persona like him.

Eh as for the sign up thing though, leave it open, honestly. Given the low turn out right now, it wouldn't hurt either plot or logistics wise to allow people to pop in later on since we've gotten the bare minimum number to keep things afloat, and so long as it doesn't turn into a crazy unimaginable number, shouldn't be too much of an issue

Eh as for the sign up thing though, leave it open, honestly. Given the low turn out right now, it wouldn't hurt either plot or logistics wise to allow people to pop in later on since we've gotten the bare minimum number to keep things afloat, and so long as it doesn't turn into a crazy unimaginable number, shouldn't be too much of an issue

That's what I figured, but you can never be too careful, especially when you're new to this. Back during my old days on "MK" everything was kept together. It was some of the worst organization ever, but so is life. I'll keep it open, because who knows, this could become popular.

As a little bit of an update, I was chatting with Bfroger6, and a few complications have come up that are going to prevent him from joining in the near future. I am glad to have received this information, and still will be keeping this open for all players. The goal of launching this on Wednesday had not changed.

Plot wise, this RP will be starting with the new batch of inmates arriving. If you want your inmate to be an "old hand" to Black Moon, than that is also fine. I'm really excited to get this thing started!

Is there a specific kind of weapon in the boxes, or are they whatever we want them to be?

They would be whatever you want them to be, if anything. I figured it made more sense for them to not be carried onto the high security prison.

I'll try to post later today, I have a early class this morning.

Oh Matty, my poor, awkward baby.

Also, for anyone wondering the type of baton she got is this: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cd/21'_ASP_Baton.jpg

It can just be electrified.

Edit:

I was thinking of adding a character who is the polar opposite of Matty who's been in the slammer for longer than she's been free, anyone here want to deal with a rage prone praying mantis woman who views males as a lesser species?

Edited by Okami