[Interest Check] Black Moon Penitentiary

Combat

“Black Moon would like to thank our investors for continuing to fund our organization and would like to procure more to strengthen the security of the galaxy.”

This can’t be happening…

This just can’t be happening…

In a sudden spasm, consciousness returned to you. How long had you been out? Why do you hurt all over? Where were you?

In a sickening instant, you remembered. Those last fateful words that you heard, right before you were pacified by the bailiffs for transfer…

“Black Moon Penitentiary.”

Pushing yourself up, you tried to get a read on where you were. On all four sides of you, imposing metal walls were connected to the floor and the ceiling, giving you about five feet of room on each side. Shakily, you got to your feet (assuming of course, you had feet, or legs for that matter,) and looked about, trying to find an exit of any kind. Unfortunately, there was none. One wall had a television screen that buzzed with static, but besides that, the room you were in was completely empty. The screen gave off enough light for you to get a closer look on the walls, although the only thing you could see were large scratch marks.

A moment before panic would have set in, the television screen changed. Your attention immediately went snapped to its black and white screen, where a strange program began to play.

“Black Moon Penitentiary, a Prison, for the Future!”

Fear turned to confusion, as the program continued to play, apparently mimicking the old propaganda that humanity had one used during the so called “Fifties.”

“In the year 3746 Prince Caragan of the Galdraecs committed an unspeakable crime. Using highly advanced Nanite technology, Prince Caragan caused a Grey Goo event on the peaceful planet of Nova Scotia Five, quickly causing the Nanites to consume all matter on the planet in order to self-replicate! This attack on a peaceful planet was met with massive uproar across the universe, as the Galactic Alliance had banned the use of Nanites as a means of warfare centuries ago.”

The issue of this situation came to what to do with the prince. Galdraec law prohibited the use of capital punishment against members of royalty since the dawn of their civilization, which prevented them from sending their plucky prince to The Melting Pot. With possible war on the horizon, the fate of the galaxy was grim, as the Galdraecs were known for their large military.

That was, until Black Moon opened its doors.

An intergalactic signal was sent out across the galaxy, advertising this new prison. The source was unknown, and after numerous investigations, no race or planetary system was given credit to the creation of it. Sitting directly in the middle of the Delta Toriga System, Black Moon was created as… to ke… no escap…”

A fit of static took over the screen, as the narrator’s voice became corrupted by the static. Stepping back in shock, you stared at the screen, which slowly faded to black. The room fell silent for a few, precious moments, before the screen turned on again, this time in faded color.

A dark silhouette moved back in forth in what appeared to be some sort of bedroom. The only source of light seemed to be coming from some sort of convenience cooker that lit up the far side of the wall. The figure moved back and forth for a few more moments, before seemingly noticing you. Turning to what you could only assume was the camera, the figure dropped the unknown items it had been holding, and slowly approached.

Despite this meeting being a basic video chat, dread began to wash over you. The silhouette walked closer and closer, before sitting down only a foot or two away from the device. The lighting in the room prevented you from being able to fully make out the form. The figure stared at the camera for a full minute, before smiling. Under normal conditions, no one would have been able to see his mouth, but your tormentor’s teeth seemingly glowed.

“They weren’t kidding; this new tooth paste really does make your smile shine.”

Whoever was talking to you, was male according to the tone of his voice. Besides that, there was no other distinguishing feature that could be made out. The figure continued to stare at the camera for a few more moments, before pressing a button. A loud, mechanical noise began to sound throughout the entirety of the room as strange light began to pour in from unknown sources. The last thing you heard, before getting forcefully teleported out of the ship that had been carrying you towards your permanent home was from the figure…

“Naught boys and girls who break the rules get punished. Welcome to Black Moon.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Black Moon Penitentiary is a maximum security prison with only one goal: Keep the inmates in.

The exact location of this prison is unknown, as all records of its location have been destroyed over the years. Along with that, 99% of the security, maintenance, and employees of the prison are robotic, so no members of the public would be able to find it even with advanced technology. New inmates are transported to Black Moon by a teleportation device which is operated by the warden of Black Moon, concealing its location even more.

Inmates of Black Moon are given surprising freedom considering the prison’s nature, the guards are programmed to adhere to strict schedules or remain in a standby mode unless of emergency (i.e. a riot [but not fights, inmates are to solve their own disputes], medical emergency, destruction of prison property, etc.). Inmates are able to roam without guidelines, for example, if a door is unlocked they can enter. The schedule of the inmates does have a stricter side, for example, while they are not required to attend meals inmates will not be able receive a “make up meal” in the case that they miss breakfast. Of course, at any time these rules may change, as the whims of the warden tend to be sporadic.

There is no actual lock down when it becomes lights out for inmates, leading them to be able to leave their cells at any time. This however is not an issue, as the only other known biological “employee” of Black Moon is released after lights out. Inmates have given it the pet name of “The Entity,” as its origins and ecological niche is largely unknown. This gelatinous carnivore will attack any inmate it “sees” (using vibrations in the area around it and electrical pulse sensors, like a shark). It will not enter the cell of any inmate, even if one that it pursuing was to enters a cell so inmates are advised to remain in their cells because, as The Warden states “blob monsters are *$#@*^% stealthy, you can’t hear those ^!@#*&%$ sneak up on you. Even I stay in after dark, that son of a @%&!@ is bloody scary.”

Inmates are put two to a cell in a coed style, the cells are twelve feet across and contain a cot on either side with a toilet and sink. The steel doors at the entrances don’t lock.

In case of the death of an inmate see CODE G

Code G: Also Known as “Oh No You Don’t, I Ain’t Finished with You Yet”

Originally, the plan for Black Moon was for it to hold various criminals from across the known universe until they eventually expired. After Prince Caragan hung himself after only two weeks of imprisonment, the warden of Black Moon decided to get creative. Contacting various scientists and spiritualists, the warden created the “Corpus Collar.” The Corpus Collar, or CC for short, is placed on every inmate in Black Moon. In the event of an inmate’s death, the collar seemingly captures the inmates spirit and causes it to take on an apparition like form. This way, the inmate stays in Black Moon forever. Spirits are no longer bound to many mortal concerns like eating and sleeping, and is no longer under the threat of “The Entity” (although it will still try to capture them.) These inmates are mostly solid, and are able to interact with the world around them, meaning walls still work against them. Tampering with the Corpus Collar can be... Hazardous to a spirit's health, effects include but are not limited to small explosions, ghost pain (pain experienced by ghosts, duh), and/or being blasted into a parallel universe in which everyone is a puppet.

The ethics of the CC is still being debated, along with the fact that ghosts are real.

THE WARDEN

Black Moon Penitentiary is run by a man known simply as The Warden, he controls the entire prison by means of rob-Alright, alright! We get it already! You give us money, we keep the prisoners in, blah blah blah.

Alright, I'm going to level with you, potential investors, this place ain't the melting pot. We aren't making flesh metal here, and we're not making cookies either. Though I do like baking cakes on their birthdays though! And I can make a mean wedding cake if need be too! But really, there's not much money to be made here. It's a prison, what would you expect?

So I'm sure you're wondering why you should put money in here? The answer, is power. Sure, most political prisoners are best used for ransom. But a prison with only one entrance and no real exits? You could fill this place with your enemies!

Still not convinced?

Oh. Ok.

Check your email. Now.

Yeah, you see that. I'm sure the police and your significant other would just love to see that. How old are they, by the way? Eh, it doesn't matter. I just keep the prisoners here, not directly put more in. You know how much I'll need.

This has been your warden; I do hope you have a nice day.

Black Moon Penitentiary, a Role Play for the future, by Okami and Combat Medic.

Original Credit to Okami Black Moon Penitentiary MK1

Editing and Consultation by TACHIBANA SYLPHYNFORD

If you’re reading this, then congratulations, you were able to sit through my written insanity. That, and you might just be interested in joining this Role Play. Honestly, I never thought an outer space prison Role Play would be my grand entrance to Pokémon Reborn’s Role Play sub forum, but here I am.

Now, first things first, this isn’t a directly Pokémon based Role Play. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, but I felt obliged to point that out. Secondly, this is not meant to be a serious RP. When I mean that, I don’t mean I don’t want effort put into it, I mean this is meant to be a dark comedy/action based one. So if you’re looking for Edgelords in Space, you’ve come to the wrong place. (If you are looking for Edgelords in Space, see me after class.)

This Role Play takes place in the spacefaring future obviously, so by this time, humanity has discovered many other sentient races. Most of these races were friendly, and invited the humans to join into a galactic alliance. Now, humans can be found all over the galaxy, with Earth still standing as their home world. Pretty typical stuff here, but to summarize, Black Moon can hold humans, aliens, and everything in between.

Now it wouldn’t be very gentleman like of me to flat out say anything for this RP. So instead, I’ll rephrase it. In this RP, you’re allowed to use humans, aliens you’ve made up, or aliens other people have made up. When I say this however, I’m not saying I want to see Chewbacca imprisoned here for littering, but nothings stopping you from using Wookie. Just try to make it “fit” into this universe. I want people to have fun with this RP, and if your opinion of fun is playing as a space dwarf, well, all the more power to you. This is why this isn’t intently a Pokémon RP, but nothing stopping you from writing one in with enough work.

Boring stuff time, but rules are rules. If this idea takes off, I want all people involved to follow SOUP. Your Spelling and grammar should be readable and understandable. Your Opinion and other ideas should be put on the OOC page, which is where I think people generally put their skeletons I believe. YoU also are required by me to have fun, and not point out how I cheated in making SOUP work. Finally, you need to realize that this is both Practice for me, since I’ve never done a RP on Reborn before, and am a little scared so have Patience.

I guess that’s about it. If you’re interested, feel free to let me know. If you’re not could let me know why with constructive criticism. I’d be able to make a better one next time that might suit you more. Any and all questions and comments would be fantastic, since it gives me something to do. As for me and Okami, we’ll be waiting with baited breath.

And no, alien Morgan Freeman will not be able to help you escape with a rock pick.

The End Goal?

As requested, here’s what you prisoners are working for. According to the Warden himself, the only way off of Black Moon is through the “Employee Salvation Escape Pod.” This pod however, is kept in one of the few areas prisoners are unable to reach, the Warden’s office/living quarters. Separating the warden’s quarters from the rest of the prison are four barriers. One is a plasma field powered by an unknown generator, while the next is a mightily vault like door made out of a metal like substance that has yet to be identified. The third door can only be unlocked by a eight digit passcode. Inputting the wrong code however opens up all of the air locks in the prison, removing all breathable oxygen. The last barrier requires a key, however this one is literally an oak door, and could be easily destroyed with enough force.

Inside… Well, only the Warden knows…

Rules (WIP)

1) First things first, this RP is meant to be fun for everyone, from veteran Rpers to new members to the genre. Please be nice, and try to help your fellow members if they are struggling.

2) Some people get really angsty about proper spelling and grammar. While I don’t want to scare anyone off, trying to read a misspelled mess can be challenging. Just try to type to the best of your abilities, and I’m sure we’ll be fine. I’m not going to saw you’re legs off if you put you’re instead of your. (See what I did there?)

3) Don’t post anything that would get you, or me banned/warning points. Just keep in appropriate.

4) No text talk please. I do have an issue with that.

5) A character sheet, or a skeleton as I like to call it, will be attached. Follow it to the best of your abilities, but know that some things will be optional, like abilities or weapons. Use your best judgment.

6) The old rule I used to follow was keep a three sentence minimum when it comes to posts. There will be occasions when this is not available/doable, but for the most part, add some detail.

7) Don’t try to murder other people’s characters unless you are given permission, they are more or less immortal, or you have a chance to take down the Warden himself.

8) If you have questions, ask away on the OOC page. If you have an issue or an idea, private message me.

9) Feel free to give suggestions to Okami and I.

10) Please no Metagaming.

11) No one likes an overpowered or god character, so please keep them out of here. If your character needs to be powerful or slightly unbalanced, give them a weakness to even it out.

Questions from the writers:

-Do you want a pre-made skeleton, or would you prefer to make your own, assuming skeletons are used here.

-Should there be a section for explaining alien races? Everyone knows what a human it, but what on Earth is a Sclubmoog?

-Did I format this right? If not, please let me know so I can get myself out of this pickle.

Edited by Combat Medic

-Do you want a pre-made skeleton, or would you prefer to make your own, assuming skeletons are used here.

-Should there be a section for explaining alien races? Everyone knows what a human it, but what on Earth is a Sclubmoog?

-Did I format this right? If not, please let me know so I can get myself out of this pickle.

- What's a skeleton?

- Unless you have some particular alien race you want to highlight, then it's probably not necessary. The players most likely will give details on their own race should they choose to do so, which you can add to your OOC.

- Why did you choose black text color of all colors my eyeeeeeeeeeeeees

Now for questions!

- Although you said this won't be a serious RP, what exactly, will we the players be doing in your RP? Are we just living our lives out as inmates? Are we trying to plan an intergalactic breakout for our freedom?

- Even as a test RP, how many players are looking to include in your RP?

Edited by Stalkerkain

Oh God, please excuse the Black Text...

no black text plsss

My bad, I should have fixed that.

- What's a skeleton?

- Unless you have some particular alien race you want to highlight, then it's probably not necessary. The players most likely will give details on their own race should they choose to do so, which you can add to your OOC.

- Why did you choose black text color of all colors my eyeeeeeeeeeeeees

Now for questions!

- Although you said this won't be a serious RP, what exactly, will we the players be doing in your RP? Are we just living our lives out as inmates? Are we trying to plan an intergalactic breakout for our freedom?

- Even as a test RP, how many players are looking to include in your RP?

-A Skeleton is a term I learned a long time ago from a different RP website. Basically, it's how someone posts their name, age, race, class, species, etc. in a Role Play.

-Alright, so having a separate section won't be necessary unless the player wants one.

-My bad, my eyes see colors a little bit different than the norm, so that's why black was used...

Answers!

-To make a long story short, both. I'd like to get input from the players first though.

-Perhaps test RP wasn't the best word. As long as the players can handle themselves, I don't see why we couldn't have more than twenty here. My past experiences were with close knit groups though, so there was rarely more than ten people at a time.

I'm interested in joining this if you'll have me Combat and Okami. :)

I am a newbie (never joined one yet) when it comes to RPs but I'm willing to learn and improve over time and if I make any mistakes, please just let me know so I can learn what not to do lol XD.

I would most likely be a scared, depressed human who thinks negatively if possible.

Anyways when you make the OOC/Signup, hope you get lots of interest and signups. :D Have a great night/day.

I'm interested in joining this if you'll have me Combat and Okami. :)

I am a newbie (never joined one yet) when it comes to RPs but I'm willing to learn and improve over time and if I make any mistakes, please just let me know so I can learn what not to do lol XD.

I would most likely be a scared, depressed human who thinks negatively if possible.

Anyways when you make the OOC/Signup, hope you get lots of interest and signups. :D Have a great night/day.

We'd be glad to have you! Since this is our first RP here (we've done them for years on other sites/apps) this might be a perfect gateway one for you. All character and players are welcome, assuming we get enough interest of course!

Hihi, am Lexi, Ima go through and just give you some critique. Don't take it too seriously, most of it will just be suggestions since I can't hound you about grammar like I had to with people on DC

1. Most RPs around here use a predefined character sheet, and in my experience making character sheets freeform results in a lot of inconsistencies. You can also go for an introductory paragraph format or the like, but based on a previous thread I think most people are more comfortable with sheets over paragraphs

2. Yes, definitely. even if you don't want to explain every detail, you should give a basic outline of different races. And whenever someone invents or imports one I recommend having them write the summary

3. This formatting is fine and the whole thing flows together well. I'm not a fan of text being over the forum standard, makes it much harder for me to read through quickly, but that's just preference

Now, first things first, this isn’t a directly Pokémon based Role Play. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, but I felt obliged to point that out.

In the future, don't feel obliged to do this, most RPs here aren't Pokemon-related ^^

The biggest issue I see is that you're completely lacking in any form of plot. You've done an absolutely amazing job building the setting, but you don't really do much to explain why the PCs are in the setting or what their goal is. Even if it's just going to be a sandbox (which I should warn you likely won't work) you need to give people a springboard to get them started

I also recommend you write out your rules more clearly and include some form of mention of standard RP etiquette. It shouldn't have to be said, but you definitely want to put it up anyways in case someone does fail to follow it, otherwise you'll have little basis for dealing with them if the need arises. If you need some help in understanding what the standard RP etiquette around here is I'll be happy to clarify that for you

I just have to say I LOVE CODE G. It's so cool that a spirit remains trapped in the prison even after death and so it's oh no you don't, I'm not done with you yet because you can still deal with them after death lol. XD ;)

I agree that this would be a great gateway RP like you said Combat so I appreciate you letting me join this when you do the signup :)

Hihi, am Lexi, Ima go through and just give you some critique. Don't take it too seriously, most of it will just be suggestions since I can't hound you about grammar like I had to with people on DC

1. Most RPs around here use a predefined character sheet, and in my experience making character sheets freeform results in a lot of inconsistencies. You can also go for an introductory paragraph format or the like, but based on a previous thread I think most people are more comfortable with sheets over paragraphs

2. Yes, definitely. even if you don't want to explain every detail, you should give a basic outline of different races. And whenever someone invents or imports one I recommend having them write the summary

3. This formatting is fine and the whole thing flows together well. I'm not a fan of text being over the forum standard, makes it much harder for me to read through quickly, but that's just preference

In the future, don't feel obliged to do this, most RPs here aren't Pokemon-related ^^

The biggest issue I see is that you're completely lacking in any form of plot. You've done an absolutely amazing job building the setting, but you don't really do much to explain why the PCs are in the setting or what their goal is. Even if it's just going to be a sandbox (which I should warn you likely won't work) you need to give people a springboard to get them started

I also recommend you write out your rules more clearly and include some form of mention of standard RP etiquette. It shouldn't have to be said, but you definitely want to put it up anyways in case someone does fail to follow it, otherwise you'll have little basis for dealing with them if the need arises. If you need some help in understanding what the standard RP etiquette around here is I'll be happy to clarify that for you

This is all advice I'm ecstatic to get, so thank you. I'll defiantly go through and either update or change the pieces of this to make it into a more suitable form, and will add more to the plot/goal in this. Thank you very much, expect a much sleeker looking version when the final version. The few plot ideas I do have will need to get run by my co author, and may or may not get posted here to generate feedback and hype.

On a more personal note, I'm considering joining and running a K'th'l character. I never seem to get to use them

Here's my note on them:

Biology: The K'th'l are an insect-like species that live in clusters controlled by a central hive mind. Each individual unit, called a K'th'lite, can be specialized with a variety of parts to perform different tasks for the cluster

Appearance: K'th'l clusters can form many shapes, though they generally take the form of the Earth insects their K'th'lites resemble

Communication: The K'th'n native language is comprised of a variety of clicks, chirps, and buzzes. However, most K'th'l can replicate human speech with chirps created similarly to crickets. It isn't perfect, but it is generally understandable

Technology: K'th'l technology is similar to that of humans, however they tend to try to minimize electrical devices as much as possible, especially computers

Intelligence: The K'ht'l are not as very smart species in terms of brainpower, however it is generally in their nature to collect as much information as possible in their lifespan. Some older K'th'l have been known to outpace the fastest human supercomputers at complex math problems simply due to memorization

Survivability: The K'th'l are very fragile and their K'th'lites are easily separated. However, so long as the control K'th'lite remains intact the cluster can rebuild

Average Lifespan: K'th'l are not known to die of natural causes, the oldest K'th'l currently alive is 670 years old

No idea if I'll have the time, depends on the pacing, but consider me interested

I'll just say I like this cuz I kind of want this to happen so I'm doing this to give you an enthusiasm boost, whoop, I'm a selfish shellfish. Except I'm a frog.

As you can see, I'm full of constructive criticism as per usual. Yep. Advice and critocism is what I do.

No, but srsly, Froger approves and shall expect more and shall also let other people do the advice part for him. *thumbs up*

Good news everyone! After a little bit of work, we now have a rules section (which may get more as they come to me) and an end goal for the characters to work towards. Thank you to everyone who have given me advice and criticism so far, along with those who are interested in joining!

On a more personal note, I'm considering joining and running a K'th'l character. I never seem to get to use them

Here's my note on them:

Biology: The K'th'l are an insect-like species that live in clusters controlled by a central hive mind. Each individual unit, called a K'th'lite, can be specialized with a variety of parts to perform different tasks for the cluster

Appearance: K'th'l clusters can form many shapes, though they generally take the form of the Earth insects their K'th'lites resemble

Communication: The K'th'n native language is comprised of a variety of clicks, chirps, and buzzes. However, most K'th'l can replicate human speech with chirps created similarly to crickets. It isn't perfect, but it is generally understandable

Technology: K'th'l technology is similar to that of humans, however they tend to try to minimize electrical devices as much as possible, especially computers

Intelligence: The K'ht'l are not as very smart species in terms of brainpower, however it is generally in their nature to collect as much information as possible in their lifespan. Some older K'th'l have been known to outpace the fastest human supercomputers at complex math problems simply due to memorization

Survivability: The K'th'l are very fragile and their K'th'lites are easily separated. However, so long as the control K'th'lite remains intact the cluster can rebuild

Average Lifespan: K'th'l are not known to die of natural causes, the oldest K'th'l currently alive is 670 years old

No idea if I'll have the time, depends on the pacing, but consider me interested

If you do happen to have the time, we'd both be glad to have you here! Space is a big, big place, so having something like a K'th'l character would fit into the setting!

Edited by Combat Medic

i wonder if i could use Space Mokou here

I'm not one to turn away anything well written so as long as it fits into the universe, which is pretty lenient in terms of believably, I wouldn't see wjy you couldn't.

Though I'm not sure what Space Mokou is, so that might change things too.

Edited by Combat Medic

Alright, so a couple things. As mentioned, standard etiquette rules should probably exist. Here's a couple of my rules for TTG which cover them to an extent

1. No metagaming. This one is pretty big since metagaming is actually sort of in the rules. Keep in mind that, unless someone tells them, your character will only know the ratings of the other player's mechs, not their exact abilities. So even if you know that their "melee" is actually shuriken, don't have your character go in expecting attacks from afar
  2. No godmodding, powerplaying, and etc. The other generic RP taboos. Just because I'm not going out of my way to explain them doesn't mean you should do them

5) A character sheet, or a skeleton as I like to call it, will be attached. Follow it to the best of your abilities, but know that some things will be optional, like abilities or weapons. Use your best judgment.

Instead of this rule, I recommend setting up your character sheet section sort of like this:

Character Sheet (items with an asterisk are optional)

Forum Name:

Character Name:

Personality:

Weapons*:

Powers and Abilities*:

Favorite Color*:

Number of Orangutans:

Backstory:

Other*:

Obviously not this exactly, but following a similar setup. This way you can just tell people what's optional and what isn't. Trust me, it saves a lot of hassle to just tell people what they can and can't do

a version of https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Fujiwara_no_Mokou adapted to a scifi setting, replacing magic with Sufficiently Advanced Technology (and wrist-mounted flamethrowers)

Perfect. I'd accept just about everything as long as it fits into the universe we're created, so if you want to explain magic as some sort of ability that a species has, feel free to do so. Explaining it with science works too of course.

Alright, so a couple things. As mentioned, standard etiquette rules should probably exist. Here's a couple of my rules for TTG which cover them to an extent

1. No metagaming. This one is pretty big since metagaming is actually sort of in the rules. Keep in mind that, unless someone tells them, your character will only know the ratings of the other player's mechs, not their exact abilities. So even if you know that their "melee" is actually shuriken, don't have your character go in expecting attacks from afar
  2. No godmodding, powerplaying, and etc. The other generic RP taboos. Just because I'm not going out of my way to explain them doesn't mean you should do them

Instead of this rule, I recommend setting up your character sheet section sort of like this:

Character Sheet (items with an asterisk are optional)

Forum Name:

Character Name:

Personality:

Weapons*:

Powers and Abilities*:

Favorite Color*:

Number of Orangutans:

Backstory:

Other*:

Obviously not this exactly, but following a similar setup. This way you can just tell people what's optional and what isn't. Trust me, it saves a lot of hassle to just tell people what they can and can't do

I pulled up the original character sheet, which should probbaly work for this

First Name:

Surname:
Age: (Literally and mentally, ex. a two thousand year old dragon girl with the mind of a ten year old.)
Species:
Racial Needs/Abilities: (Assuming they have these, humans for example would not need anything here, but if your character breathes Nitrogen, this is where you'd mention that.)
Appearance:
Biography/Family:
Reason for Sentence: (This is for The Warden's eyes only, inmates may not necessarily know about what each other did unless it was a bigger crime/on the news.)

Other: (Fears? Quirks? Favorite cookie? Whatever you want here.)

I'll also be sure to add the other two rule ideas to the list.

so I'm seeing character sheets but are we signing up here or on a new thread for OOC/Signup/Recruitment?

I plan on making a sign up/OOC page in the near future, but for now I wanted to get more people interested in this first. It will come sooner than later.

Perfect. I'd accept just about everything as long as it fits into the universe we're created, so if you want to explain magic as some sort of ability that a species has, feel free to do so. Explaining it with science works too of course.

I pulled up the original character sheet, which should probbaly work for this

First Name:

Surname:
Age: (Literally and mentally, ex. a two thousand year old dragon girl with the mind of a ten year old.)
Species:
Racial Needs/Abilities: (Assuming they have these, humans for example would not need anything here, but if your character breathes Nitrogen, this is where you'd mention that.)
Appearance:
Biography/Family:
Reason for Sentence: (This is for The Warden's eyes only, inmates may not necessarily know about what each other did unless it was a bigger crime/on the news.)

Other: (Fears? Quirks? Favorite cookie? Whatever you want here.)

I'll also be sure to add the other two rule ideas to the list.

Here, lemme make a couple revisions based on how I do sheets, it'll be a little closer to what Reborn's sheets are usually like. You don't need to use it exactly, but what you have right now is a little jumbled (and if you do use it exactly, that's fine too)

Name: [First and last, also include any nicknames or aliases] - No need to split up names, just specify to put a full name here

Gender*: [if applicable to your species] - Alternative blurb: [That thing where you generate derp] :P
Species: [What species you are]
Species Description*: [Only required if using a custom species] - The bit about any racial needs and abilities would go here along with other things describing the species. Anyone using an already established species wouldn't need to re-specify the characteristics. You'll want an area in the OOC collecting these descriptions and listing them out
Appearance: [What does you character look like?] - Placed directly after species description for transition purposes
Personality: [A basic description of your character's disposition] - You could also just go with, like, a D&D alignment thing, but you'll want at least a little something so that people know how a character is going to be before beginning an interaction with them, even if you don't want full-blown personality descriptions
Abilities*: [Any abilities your character has beyond the norm for their species] - Any species-related powers can go in the species description, so this section should be left for anything beyond that
Weapons*: [Any weapons your character carries] - I'm actually not sure people can get weapons in here? You mentioned weapons before and didn't nope at flamethrowers so I assumed and added this section
Biography: [A description of your character's pre-prison life]
Reason for Sentence: [Why your character was sentenced, only the warden knows this]

Other: [Anything else you need to share?] - You can put whatever here, this is just the blurb I always use

Here, lemme make a couple revisions based on how I do sheets, it'll be a little closer to what Reborn's sheets are usually like. You don't need to use it exactly, but what you have right now is a little jumbled (and if you do use it exactly, that's fine too)

Name: [First and last, also include any nicknames or aliases] - No need to split up names, just specify to put a full name here

Gender*: [if applicable to your species] - Alternative blurb: [That thing where you generate derp] :P
Species: [What species you are]
Species Description*: [Only required if using a custom species] - The bit about any racial needs and abilities would go here along with other things describing the species. Anyone using an already established species wouldn't need to re-specify the characteristics. You'll want an area in the OOC collecting these descriptions and listing them out
Appearance: [What does you character look like?] - Placed directly after species description for transition purposes
Personality: [A basic description of your character's disposition] - You could also just go with, like, a D&D alignment thing, but you'll want at least a little something so that people know how a character is going to be before beginning an interaction with them, even if you don't want full-blown personality descriptions
Abilities*: [Any abilities your character has beyond the norm for their species] - Any species-related powers can go in the species description, so this section should be left for anything beyond that
Weapons*: [Any weapons your character carries] - I'm actually not sure people can get weapons in here? You mentioned weapons before and didn't nope at flamethrowers so I assumed and added this section
Biography: [A description of your character's pre-prison life]
Reason for Sentence: [Why your character was sentenced, only the warden knows this]

Other: [Anything else you need to share?] - You can put whatever here, this is just the blurb I always use

No, this is great! Anything that make it more "Reborn" like is a great help to us! If I use this character sheet, would you like your name in the credits since you're helping so much?

For anyone wondering, I plan on getting a sign up page made later this week! I would like a few more people to express their interest in this first, but the current rate at which we are going is exceeding my expectations, so I still will make one. If you have any interest at all, please let me know here! I'm more than happy to add more people to our little group of madness!

I don't mind either way, I'm just helping because I enjoy doing so ^^ If you want to credit me you're more than welcome

Alright, thanks again!

A bit of an update, but expect the Sign Up Page to be up around Wednesday! I can't put too much effort into it at the moment, but I should be able to have one by then!

Thank you to everyone whose shown support and/or interest so far, and I hope to see you all there!