Guzam

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Name: Ikaru

Boon/Bane: +Mag/-Lck (i thought about -HP since -Lck is pretty much free but eh)

I only just noticed this but I definitely wouldn't consider -Lck pretty much free. With the number of times I've been crit in this game you couldn't pay me to have low luck unless I've got extraordinary HP and Def.

Luck -is- point for point the least important skill in Fates though.

The only character that needs a little bit of help in it is Arthur (who with a few Goddess Icons is an absolute monster all of a sudden) and there are characters like Midori who abuse the hell out of the stat - but it's not a necessity for most characters and Corrin -usually- is fairly lucky barring Unlucky banes.

From what I know about Ikaru - Dark Knight is one of his favorite classes - so having some strength would give him the versatility needed to make use of the pick-your-poison damage types DK offers - making Luck a better bane than Strength. Speed is important on everything that is not a designated tank (or a staff user) - and Ikaru is a Dark Knight/Sorcerer, so Speed is important.

Dark Knights also tend to hold a bit of value in both defenses (particularly Resistance in Leo's case (along with Brynhildr's passive effect)) and therefore it leaves Luck and Skill as the remaining banes (unless HP has a bane....which I'm certain nobody would go for)

Skill is tied to several skill activation rates - and so is luck. However, as a Dark Mage, Ikaru gets access to Vengeance from the Sorcerer class and THAT procs with Skill.

I assume Pyrrhon won't be skill hunting from MyCastles in this case - so I can safely conclude that Luck is the best bane for Ikaru.

Or Ikaru was being self deprecating in some fashion. I think it's the former this time though.

Luck -is- point for point the least important skill in Fates though.

The only character that needs a little bit of help in it is Arthur (who with a few Goddess Icons is an absolute monster all of a sudden) and there are characters like Midori who abuse the hell out of the stat - but it's not a necessity for most characters and Corrin -usually- is fairly lucky barring Unlucky banes.

From what I know about Ikaru - Dark Knight is one of his favorite classes - so having some strength would give him the versatility needed to make use of the pick-your-poison damage types DK offers - making Luck a better bane than Strength. Speed is important on everything that is not a designated tank (or a staff user) - and Ikaru is a Dark Knight/Sorcerer, so Speed is important.

Dark Knights also tend to hold a bit of value in both defenses (particularly Resistance in Leo's case (along with Brynhildr's passive effect)) and therefore it leaves Luck and Skill as the remaining banes (unless HP has a bane....which I'm certain nobody would go for)

Skill is tied to several skill activation rates - and so is luck. However, as a Dark Mage, Ikaru gets access to Vengeance from the Sorcerer class and THAT procs with Skill.

I assume Pyrrhon won't be skill hunting from MyCastles in this case - so I can safely conclude that Luck is the best bane for Ikaru.

Or Ikaru was being self deprecating in some fashion. I think it's the former this time though.

Absolutely, I agree with you. In the case of Dark Knight it does have the bulk required to reduce the impact of -Lck, and I was looking at the growths like "that'll make one hell of a Dark Knight." I was just more making the point that luck is still an important stat for anyone who can't deal with being crit. Taking issue with the idea that -Lck is essentially free if you will.

HOLY COW! Thanks so much guys for giving me more and more Corrins to Brutally lose on the first two chapters use throughout this run. A few notes now.

@Mael I went to your castle and you weren't a fighter. I'd assume this is because you haven't updated it yet, but that's fine, I can get another heart seal from visiting castles like you did.

@Chase you are correct in assuming there will be no skill grinding. That's only because I want a challenging, but still fun run of the game, but again it's all personal preference

Now, onto the other news. Both of my samurai slots have been filled. We are yet to have any:

Apothecaries

Ninjas

Oni Savages

Spear Fighters

Diviners

Sky Knights

Cavaliers

The Nohrian classes seem to be pretty popular amongst you guys. I like it.

Also, muh Kamui

post-48368-0-64013400-1472619295_thumb.png

Male Corrins got it bad tbh. Keep submitting those Corrins everyone. OP will be updated over this next minute or two, but the only person I don't have rn is Murdoc because I need to wait to visit his again.

This is looking like a wonderful group though. This should be fun.

HOLY COW! Thanks so much guys for giving me more and more Corrins to Brutally lose on the first two chapters use throughout this run. A few notes now.

@Mael I went to your castle and you weren't a fighter. I'd assume this is because you haven't updated it yet, but that's fine, I can get another heart seal from visiting castles like you did.

Idk, I purposely saved and updated it multiple times since getting and using the seal. did again just now so... *shrug* try again.

Bandagesquad Shadypenguinn haircut in .....Maroon.........Burgandy..........I'll make it happen, Sheep. Just waiting for the confirmation from Pyrr so that he gets both of us.

Oh, don't forget to change the face parameter from the default.

I'm surprised there's been no Ninjas or Spear Fighters yet. I would have gone Spear Fighter but I prefer Great Master and healing's important yo.

Here's a collection of each characters growths and caps in their viable classes, first set of data is growths, second is caps. Figured it'd be useful, or at least interesting. Mael is particularly monstrous imo.

ebUgch1.png

u2NHoDB.png

Vhl4IiF.png

Vnx3hWB.png

AGA7ENZ.png

e3XrHZB.png

IhVTWLR.png

0hUSdVv.png

nJfzkMl.png

1yVBxnI.png

Lbcf0q8.png

Well here you go Pyrr if you really want it. This is what happens when you fuse Leo and Hinoka

Name: Commandr

Boon/Bane: +Mag/-Skill

Unique Class: Sky Knight/Dark Flier

Castle Address: 11473-66051 67151-60219

So, I guess I should've mentioned it in the OP as well instead of assuming, but DLC classes are allowed as well if you can provide them yourself. I will only accept one of each though if anyone else does end up wanting to use another DLC class.

Commander has been added as well now.

.....brutally killed in the first two-..WHY DID I DECIDE TO BE A KNIGHT....:C

.....You definitely SHOULD tell us when you get us killed though. :D

---

I can't tell if I'm better as a General or a Great Knight - which I guess is good because it gives Pyrr options. Speed caps are fairly similar and same with Res and Def... personally I'd go General because holy mother 70 HP is cool (and I like the General skills better. Sorry Luna.)

---

In my opinion the classes that need to be given are...

• Sky Knight (and Commander's already got the ball rolling with this one)
  • Cavalier
  • Spear Fighter
  • Oni Savage

Sky Knights are slightly more prioritized than Paladin horsies because they can go Falcon Knight and heal - or Kinshi and give Pyrr another bow user.

I personally like Shelter and the mixed defenses Paladins give more than the remaining Hoshidan classes

Debuffs for days.

Good bolt axe user if Krim ends up a Wyvern Lord/ Blacksmith is just #coolaf

---

Ninjas would be nice though...but Inno's already an Outlaw and can open chests, and if he gets another Rod Knight (Troubadour) with a decent strength growth (or a great magic growth so he can use Saizo's Flame Shuriken) he can get a Butler/Maid - which would be a much more useful because healing is probably prioritized over opening chests - I would think.

---

On it, Tom.

Update:

Sheep

Boon/Bane: Robust (+HP)/ Excitable (-Res)

Class: Monk

Level: 9

Weapon Rank: D (Staves/Festals)

Strength: 9

Magic: 11

Skill: 16

Speed: 13

Luck: .....21....(hahahaha, it's so Sheep...)

Def: 10

Res: 8

Movement: 6

Hitpoints: 28

Avoid: 30

Castle Address is the same as mine in the earlier post.

I can't tell if I'm better as a General or a Great Knight - which I guess is good because it gives Pyrr options. Speed caps are fairly similar and same with Res and Def... personally I'd go General because holy mother 70 HP is cool (and I like the General skills better. Sorry Luna.)

I like the extra movement that Great Knights get more than General's little extra growths here and there, though there's no denying General has the better promotional gains in other stats and on lunatic he might be needing that Wary Fighter.

In my opinion the classes that need to be given are...

• Sky Knight (and Commander's already got the ball rolling with this one)
  • Cavalier
  • Spear Fighter
  • Oni Savage

It would certainly be interesting to see how an Oni Savage with a good Str growth fares. Kind of like a Knight that swaps skill for speed and uses axes.

Ninjas would be nice though...but Inno's already an Outlaw and can open chests, and if he gets another Rod Knight (Troubadour) with a decent strength growth (or a great magic growth so he can use Saizo's Flame Shuriken) he can get a Butler/Maid - which would be a much more useful because healing is probably prioritized over opening chests - I would think.

Mmm I like Ninjas because they debuff stuff, and I think it's unlikely anyone'll be bringing a good Maid/Butler. Shurikenfaire and ranged armorslayers are nice too.

I've never used either class actually. Doesn't Ono savage promote into blacksmith though? Lance breaker could be useful.

But if you go vanguard, you could make your unique class Oni Savage so I can change your class if I do feel like it.

Oni savage is honestly great since i like defensive characters and your statements are true, so that's what i'll do. RHYME TIME.

also oni chieftain gets you counter so you'll fuck shit up

Edited by Huggyboo

Updated again before I went to bed last night. Level 10 is the latest version.

I'd recommend going Malig for me, as not only is it my favorite class in the game, but it gets some fantastic skills in Savage Blow and Trample. Plus not being relegated to the Bolt Axe for eternity is pretty nice (And can use Horse Spirit for more bulk). Might be worth switching to Wyvern Lord for a short amount of time to get C Lances though to make Kitsune Hell significantly less Hell.

I guess I'll post this now too while I can, but you guys can leave suggestions on what you want to be promoted to as well. I'll leave you as whatever you suggest at games end.

Also, I'll likely start chronicling this run once recruitments end. How I'll do so, I'm not quite sure yet because I don't have a capture card. I'll probably either start a general thread for these Corrin runs or I'll post it all in the main discussion thread. Again, still figuring it out, but this is probably going to be the most fun I've had with the game since day 1. Can't wait to start it.

I think either berserker or hero would suit me fine, but I think the edge goes to Hero. Able to use swords and axes, a hero's got more options than just axe. With Sol to help replenish HP and axebreaker, it beats out axefaire and rally strength, imo. I would like rallies if they didn't take up your movement and shit for a turn. Setting up useful rallies is a pain.

And Murdoc, no. Einherjars and copies of characters can't learn new skills from castles and stuff.