Pokemon Reborn on TVTropes: Base Breakers and The Scrappy (SPOILERS)

Lord Chespin

• Global Mods

I don't consider humans the invaders because it's not like they forcefully took over the region, and even if they did, the current generation of Rebornians had nothing to do with that and shouldn't be held accountable.

+the fact they use terrorism automatically makes them /not/ justified imo (not saying they're bad just to be bad, they think what they're doing is right when it actually isn't)

Radomus for the Scrappy.

-Guy just drags you into an Arceus fight for no reason.

-Takes the Amethyst pendant with a "Hey I know I almost led us to our doom for no reason and have handy access to a Meteor uniform but you trust me with this yeah?" And we don't even get the option to tell him to screw off.

-Makes going down to 7th street pointless when he just teleports in with his Gardevoir and saves Luna by himself.

-Is deliberately secretive for no real reason.

-He killed my Kricketune.

That's 3 "no reasons" there.

Just like there's no real reason for him to survive episode 16.

Plz kill.

Edited by DerogatoryTrainer

Radomus isn't the scrappy - but he's definitely a candidate for base breaker for some of those reasons you've listed.

Tartar - you said something about a "vocal minority" - but I can't help but think that even if it's not a fifty-fifty split - the base is still broken if a minority even exists.

• 2 weeks later...

Victoria would also be a very good candidate for They Wasted A Perfectly Good Character, because she had potential to be a supporting rival like Cain but it was wasted due to her disappearing from the story very early on, and for Never Live It Down due to the orphans incident, even though the real roadblocks in that case were Kiki and Cain.

I know right? And I'm hoping Victoria gets more development in the future. I am actually surprised that many people (apparently) dislike her, because even with her habit of trying to "babysit" the main character I couldn't find myself to hate her. Yet, as said before, I hope her attitude changes in the future.