I Just Realized Two Things (Lore Spoilers!)

Um, so, I was playing through the game again for my duotype run, and I'm up to Blacksteeple Castle. I realized that when Neved talks to you after Saki rips the antenna out of the ground, he says that killing you then and there would have solved 50% of their problems, or 25% if Melia hadn't died. That means that killing us would have solved one-fourth of their problems. Now, what two prophecies mention four people? That's right, the Dual Prophecies. Since Team Xen needs Ren for their goals, and earlier versions confirmed that Ren was one of the shadows, this confirms beyond a shadow of a doubt that Melia and the protagonist are two of the lights, and that Team Xen's working to start the Prophecy of Darkness.

Not only that, but I remember from an earlier playthrough that when you meet Nancy in the generator room in Blacksteeple Castle, she mentions to Nastasia something to the effect of "I wasn't there when he instructed the others". That means that there are more artificial humans out there besides Nancy. Combined with the realization above, as well as the fact that Professor Jenner's soul didn't show up in the Soul gem when he died, I guess this confirms that Professor Jenner was an artificial human as well.

Of course, there are still some problems with this. For example, if Madame X wants us dead, why would she save Kanon and save us from the destruction of Kugearen City? Maybe Kanon's actually one of the Shadows, and she can't risk him getting killed before destroying the world? And what does this mean for Crescent? What is she planning?

Feel free to discuss this in the comments!

• Global Mods

I also just remembered when reading this that the light prophecy mentions four who were "not born of man". Although I thought Crescent could be the player's real mom, the player can't have biological parents if we're part of the light prophecy (unless man in this case literally means males and Crescent or someone else gave birth without a father).

Melia I think is definitely one of the lights. Interestingly, since Zetta wasn't really born of man being a Solosis, it's possible he's a light too (like the TV Tropes page mentions, he seems to start questioning his actions near the end of his time as a human). Also! Aelita wasn't listed as Keta's heir, and the Eldest said she has a good reason for not letting her become Sensei which she can't tell her. Maybe Keta's not her real dad? . o .

I could see Kanon being either light or shadow. On one hand he intercepted the orb mission because he was told they were the cause of the world's future destruction (which is mentioned in the shadow prophecy), but on the other, he seems to be easily influenced by Madame X (his diary mentions Irvine looking concerned, and there's boxes in his house closing off a book and a Garufa symbol). Like Ren, he also has some emotional flaws (he was easily provoked by what Venam said about Melia and didn't give her a chance to explain herself). I guess if he's a shadow he'd be Obsession, considering he seems to have one for Melia. Betrayal is taken by Ren, Raw Evil doesn't fit because he cares about the world, and he doesn't really seem greedy.

We don't know the qualities of the lights yet, but I'm guessing they're the opposite of the shadow traits. So Pure Goodness instead of Raw Evil, Loyalty instead of Betrayal, Charity instead of Greed, and whatever the opposite of obsession is.

If I had to guess, I'd say the lights are the player, Melia, Aelita, and either Zetta or someone we haven't met yet. And for the shadows

Raw Evil - Gardevoir

Betrayal - Ren

Obsession - Kanon, Angie, Cera, or Vitus/Indriad

Greed - Madelis or Mr. Blakeory

EDIT: Wait Kanon has parents he can't be a light

I also just remembered when reading this that the light prophecy mentions four who were "not born of man". Although I thought Crescent could be the player's real mom, the player can't have biological parents if we're part of the light prophecy (unless man in this case literally means males and Crescent or someone else gave birth without a father).

Melia I think is definitely one of the lights. Interestingly, since Zetta wasn't really born of man being a Solosis, it's possible he's a light too (like the TV Tropes page mentions, he seems to start questioning his actions near the end of his time as a human). Also! Aelita wasn't listed as Keta's heir, and the Eldest said she has a good reason for not letting her become Sensei which she can't tell her. Maybe Keta's not her real dad? . o .

I could see Kanon being either light or shadow. On one hand he intercepted the orb mission because he was told they were the cause of the world's future destruction (which is mentioned in the shadow prophecy), but on the other, he seems to be easily influenced by Madame X (his diary mentions Irvine looking concerned, and there's boxes in his house closing off a book and a Garufa symbol). Like Ren, he also has some emotional flaws (he was easily provoked by what Venam said about Melia and didn't give her a chance to explain herself). I guess if he's a shadow he'd be Obsession, considering he seems to have one for Melia. Betrayal is taken by Ren, Raw Evil doesn't fit because he cares about the world, and he doesn't really seem greedy.

We don't know the qualities of the lights yet, but I'm guessing they're the opposite of the shadow traits. So Pure Goodness instead of Raw Evil, Loyalty instead of Betrayal, Charity instead of Greed, and whatever the opposite of obsession is.

If I had to guess, I'd say the lights are the player, Melia, Aelita, and either Zetta or someone we haven't met yet. And for the shadows

Raw Evil - Gardevoir

Betrayal - Ren

Obsession - Kanon, Angie, Cera, or Vitus/Indriad

Greed - Madelis or Mr. Blakeory

EDIT: Wait Kanon has parents he can't be a light

Zetta can't really count he was a clone of Melia

But he was "not born of man" like the light prophecy says, so he's a possible candidate. The prophecy doesn't say clones can't be the ones.

i guess thats true, but since he was turned back into a pokemon would he jan really bring him back?

TBH- the candidate for not born of man to me sounds like the protagonist because its clear that Robot mom isn't our true mother, so we kind of have to be special

• Global Mods

i guess thats true, but since he was turned back into a pokemon would he jan really bring him back?

TBH- the candidate for not born of man to me sounds like the protagonist because its clear that Robot mom isn't our true mother, so we kind of have to be special

I'm not sure. I could see it going either way. On one hand, it seems like he started to not like what he had to do as part of Team Xen towards the end, which could lead to something in the future where he tries to make up for what he did? But on the other, he was already captured once and then escaped before Crescent turned him back to a Solosis, so it would be repetitive if he ended up free/as Zetta again.

All four of the lights are not born of man.

I'm not sure. I could see it going either way. On one hand, it seems like he started to not like what he had to do as part of Team Xen towards the end, which could lead to something in the future where he tries to make up for what he did? But on the other, he was already captured once and then escaped before Crescent turned him back to a Solosis, so it would be repetitive if he ended up free/as Zetta again.

All four of the lights are not born of man.

i got a question then

if the player and 3 others are not born of man

then what are we?

Hold on, you mean to tell me Nancy isn't our real mom? ;-; This whole time I thought she was! And what now you're saying she isn't. So tell me, who does Melia belong to? How much of my life is a lie? Is our theories fake? What about this thread my hopes my dreams? Is this all part of some interplanetary conspiracy to make me think I'm a lowly POKEMON PLAYER?!

Edited by Anthony810

i got a question then

if the player and 3 others are not born of man

then what are we?

Anything but a human. We could be a Pokémon ... or a clone of some sort. We could perhaps be a lab experiment.

We're something that arn't human, so really, all we can do is wait and see.

i feel like crescent could be a possible candidate for either prophecy because we don't know her story yet seeing as how she never mentioned anything about if she had parents or where she came from and i also feel like madame x or crescent could be our mother like why would crescent go through the trouble of saving us at the mountain summit and why would madame x save us at the city if they didn't care about us like a mother

Well first I think that Madame X is the prophecy(s) or perhaps fate. Either way in my opinion she looks like she guides the pieces towards the prophecies. She starts team xen with the plans to create/nurture/gather all the people in either prophecy. The reason why I think this is the prophecy of light. "All those caught in the lord's shadow will be drained and destroyed." The description reminds me of Yveltal: a legendary held by Madame X. What makes i more peculiar is that that Yveltal holds a soul stone. She might start the darkest day for what reason, I don't know. So that might be why she has to save us, she needs all the potential eight alive untill the darkest day.

I also like the theory of Ice Cream Sand Witch that all four of the lights are a antithesis of one of the four of the dark. However the opposite of obsession is most likely indiference which does not sound very much like light. Might be Crescent though. A more liberal interpretation of this theory could suggest freedom or open mindness as the antithesis of obsession. Another interesting aspect would be that the player would most likely be loyalty, which might explain what Crescent's behavior towards the player is. It would be a test to see if she is loyal enough to be one of the lights.

For Zetta it would surprise me if Crescent didn't break or seal the pokebal that holds him. I mean she is pretty violent and has not much regards towards life.

Hold on, you mean to tell me Nancy isn't our real mom? ;-; This whole time I thought she was! And what now you're saying she isn't. So tell me, who does Melia belong to? How much of my life is a lie? Is our theories fake? What about this thread my hopes my dreams? Is this all part of some interplanetary conspiracy to make me think I'm a lowly POKEMON PLAYER?!

Well, she probably is our biological mother, but was most likely an artificial human; possibly a Solosis-turned-human, like Zetta.

• 1 month later...

Well, she probably is our biological mother, but was most likely an artificial human; possibly a Solosis-turned-human, like Zetta.

The way they refer to her is like she is a homunculus or something, so by extension non-human, by extension the player is a child of non-human.

no I believe the player is human but Nancy your "mom" was doll that was probably filled with life and was given a task of protecting you, however she developed a personality and a connection to the player evidence proven to this is at the prison when you meet Madame x for the first time